It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Tek Tek': Cambodia's Bigfoot

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2019 @ 07:03 PM
link   
I have not heard these stories before about a (small) big foot in an area that borders Vietnam, Cambodia, and Laos. Not surprised as I tend to not be a Big Foot kinda guy unless I come across something while causally browsing .

Some of our members are interested in this stuff so I thought I would post the link and some of the article. www.phantomsandmonsters.com...

During the Vietnam War, American soldiers referred to an often-seen hominid as the 'Rock Ape.' I've heard many encounter accounts of reddish hair-covered primates that stood 4-6 ft. tall sneaking through the jungle at night. Some of these soldiers even claimed to have killed these primates. Was the 'Rock Ape' a reality or a result of jungle warfare? Regardless of the claims, people had been seeing something in these thick forests prior to the war.

The Nguoi Rung (Forest People), sometimes known as the 'Batutut' or 'Ujit,' are hairy, ape-like hominids that the locals say inhabit the dense jungles of Vietnam, especially the Three Forests region, where Vietnam, Cambodia, and Laos converge. Descriptions vary in size, with fur ranging from grey to brown to a reddish color, but the creature is always said to walk in an upright, bipedal position. By 1974, sightings had become so frequent that General Hoang Minh Thao, commander of North Vietnamese forces in the Central Highlands, ordered a scientific survey of the area in an attempt to locate them. While an actual Nguoi Rung could not be located, the scientists did make a plaster cast of a suspiciously wide footprint.

This information leads up to an article in the Phnom Pen Post that references the Tek Tek, the Yeti of Cambodia:

It was a loud evening deep in the jungle, the crickets, frogs and odd cicadas were busy playing their usual nighttime symphony. A group of trekkers were getting ready to bunk down for the night.

“My friend was zipped up in his hammock and beginning to doze off, when he noticed that all of the insects had stopped making sounds: the jungle went completely silent,” said Greg McCann, a field coordinator for HabitatID, a conservation group working in Virachey National Park, where the trekkers were camping.

A few moments later, a horrid smell engulfed the camp –

There are several other stories and links for those who might be interested.

posted on May, 24 2019 @ 07:26 PM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

It's always amazing to me, to see how many different cultures, around the globe, have similar folklore.

Thanks 727, for all of the high-quality content you create here on ATS.

posted on May, 25 2019 @ 03:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nothin

It's always amazing to me, to see how many different cultures, around the globe, have similar folklore.

Thanks 727, for all of the high-quality content you create here on ATS.

Thank you for your reply and kind words.

posted on May, 25 2019 @ 05:06 AM
link   

From the article....

A few moments later, a horrid smell engulfed the camp –

I've heard that Vietnamese food can do that to westerners who aren't used to it.
An interesting read and reminds me of Homo floresiensis.

posted on May, 25 2019 @ 09:40 AM
link   
A week ago I tracked and almost got video of a young BF right in the middle of a City of a MILLION PEOPLE.... I got pictures of its fresh track in the sand of a beach...I have tons of pictures of BF stick and tree structures marking trails food sources and other tourist orientated things as well as territorial markings near Dens....these things live WITH PEOPLE...in URBAN AREAS...and they are now involved in a SPECIES LEVEL MIGRATION NEVER BEFORE SEEN.

BF FARM and HUNT and GATHER.....and they do it all less than a 1/4 mile from where people sleep at night....they are obsessed with and by HORSES and I have even tracked them to Equestrian Centers.

I nailed them using my local knowledge of up-creek fish spawning areas...as well as Berry areas as well as Mushroom areas as well as Grub/Bug areas as well as escape and evade areas as well as denning areas.

It is absolutely SHOCKING AND ALARMING how close these Homonids choose to live to us.

I was chasing the recipient of Wood Knocks after tracking down a Den site following some bark stripping evidences... a very young BF was hiding on an Island in a wicked spot watching people and KIDS playing on a beach....and I surprised it by not going to the source of the wood knocks I heard but instead picking a direction and rushing to find a recipient of the signals.....and I cornered the little BF on an Island...and little mean size ten mens footprints.....then it ditched me by leading me to an area with a STEEP hillside on the opposite side of a creek … the lttle BF led me to a box-Canyon with extremely steep sides and he scampered up one that I couldn't even challenge.

posted on May, 25 2019 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Who knows, with the vast jungles around the area and sparce population throughout anything is possible in the thick bush makes you kind of wonder why there are stories of soldiers killing them. Reading through the stories now.

Personally I'd be more frightened of the deadly snakes and massive amounts of insects/scorpions. Hell even the trees and plants will kill you. Deadly trees and plants

posted on May, 26 2019 @ 06:02 AM
link   
I took a friend today and we whooped until we heard some noises in the deep brush....then we left a gift.

They do a LOT OF WORK mapping and signing their areas.....they map egress trails,,,,,food sources like mushrooms and plants and fish.....they mark dens and sleeping spots they mark anything interesting to them.

They FARM….mushrooms and grubs, they know how to manage us, they know how to discourage us from getting in their way.

They actually "gate" places they wish to protect.

posted on May, 27 2019 @ 10:34 AM
link   
a reply to: one4all

You sound very informative on this beast, almost authoritative. I went to your profile to read more of your insight and found nothing posted. I would like to learn more about your thoughts even if I only find them as fiction - they are still cool.

posted on May, 27 2019 @ 10:36 AM
link   
a reply to: vance

Maybe start your own thread or direct me to something?

posted on May, 28 2019 @ 11:17 PM
link   
a reply to: vance

Sure why not.Look for it soon.

posted on May, 29 2019 @ 07:31 PM
link   
I don't find it out of the realm of possibility whatsoever that a lot of these creatures of ancient legends existed than and some in all likelihood still do exist.

I think there's been large attempts to condition our minds to make us believe all these creatures exist only in the realm of fantasy.

When in fact, if we consider how strange this world really is and all the different lifeforms we haven't even discovered yet. It's not too bizarre to believe Bigfoot type creatures exist.

posted on May, 29 2019 @ 07:31 PM
link   
I don't find it out of the realm of possibility whatsoever that a lot of these creatures of ancient legends existed than and some in all likelihood still do exist.

I think there's been large attempts to condition our minds to make us believe all these creatures exist only in the realm of fantasy.

When in fact, if we consider how strange this world really is and all the different lifeforms we haven't even discovered yet. It's not too bizarre to believe Bigfoot type creatures exist.

new topics

top topics

join