It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Uniting All People Through Sunday Laws

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2019 @ 11:19 PM
link   

Progressives and conservatives already hold common ground on Blue Laws, according to Lyman Stone of Vox. Israel adopted Sundays off back in 2013, and very recently ruled it was okay for them to open shops on the Biblical 7th Day Sabbath. Even atheists have their own "Sunday Assembly", which used to be called the "Atheist Church". Why do so many different swathes of people value Sunday? They are being prepared for accepting the inevitable Sunday Laws, the mark of the beast. Think I'm joking? Watch the video, and see for yourselves.

posted on May, 22 2019 @ 11:39 PM
link   
The NFL rules Sunday now.

Blame them.

posted on May, 23 2019 @ 12:02 AM
link   
When I was younger, I loved not working on Sunday, it was the day of rest, the bars closed at 2:30 Saturday night, we went to Big boy before going home and going to sleep, and recovered all day Sunday from a hangover. Now that was the way of the Seventies, it was a great time. There was nothing open on Sunday so you had nothing you had to do usually, except to recover. I do like having a big meal on Sunday though, in celebration of the rising of Christ....that is my excuse, I am sticking to it.

posted on May, 23 2019 @ 12:10 AM
link   
a reply to: ScatteredThirdAngel

Im pretty sure GOD doesnt follow linear time. ffs omniscience et al.

posted on May, 23 2019 @ 12:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
When I was younger, I loved not working on Sunday, it was the day of rest, the bars closed at 2:30 Saturday night, we went to Big boy before going home and going to sleep, and recovered all day Sunday from a hangover. Now that was the way of the Seventies, it was a great time. There was nothing open on Sunday so you had nothing you had to do usually, except to recover. I do like having a big meal on Sunday though, in celebration of the rising of Christ....that is my excuse, I am sticking to it.

When I was younger, and in the Air Force... Sunday was all about hangover recovery.

Irish coffee in the winter, bloody marys during the warmer months...

This is a Sunday tradition, that I think we can all get behind...
edit on 23-5-2019 by madmac5150 because: Liquor laws

edit on 23-5-2019 by madmac5150 because: I was drinking

posted on May, 23 2019 @ 01:05 AM
link   
Theocracy is not around the corner. There aren't going to be Sunday laws, we keep our governments, our hired managers, secular.

posted on May, 23 2019 @ 07:36 AM
link   
So you want to make mandatory to take Sunday off ?

How about police, fire fighters, Doctors, nurses, paramedics....
How about the folks who monitors nuclear power plants ?
Or hydro electric dams ?
What if your car breaks down on the way home from church ?
No tow truck till Monday ?
Better enjoy reading, because there's nobody broadcasting your favorite re runs on TV......and no football or any of your favorite sports.

posted on May, 23 2019 @ 08:00 AM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

Your logic is bulletproof and I am now converted.

Tis the greater good.

posted on May, 23 2019 @ 08:15 AM
link   
Sundays are the best days for me to work. No meetings, few phone calls.

It's actually the most productive day of the week for me.

posted on May, 23 2019 @ 08:51 AM
link   
Work all you want on Sunday because Saturday is the Biblical sabbath.

posted on May, 23 2019 @ 09:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: MichiganSwampBuck
Work all you want on Sunday because Saturday is the Biblical sabbath.

Shoot.

I don't want to piss off God, best to have both days off just to be sure.

posted on May, 23 2019 @ 09:33 AM
link   
Um. In the developed - mainly Western - world, Sunday is a day off from work for most people. Whether people consider Sunday as a religious day off, or not, it is a day where most people don't work. Sunday, together with Saturday comprises the weekend, where most of us don't work, and those who do often get premium rates, or time off in lieu.

Across the rest of the developing world where life is somewhat harsher, the concept of a "day off" is frivolous and wasteful. In many Muslim countries Sunday is a normal working day and their weekend is comprised Friday and Saturday.

posted on May, 23 2019 @ 09:54 AM
link   
a reply to: paraphi

Across the rest of the developing world where life is somewhat harsher, the concept of a "day off" is frivolous and wasteful. In many Muslim countries Sunday is a normal working day and their weekend is comprised Friday and Saturday.

So you're saying we should do Friday, Saturday and Sunday just to be safe?

posted on May, 23 2019 @ 10:23 AM
link   
So if Jesus died on the cross to show humanity grace, why do we need to keep the sabbath?
Is not the sabbath a Mosaic law, where are Christians commanded to keep the sabbath, should we also be circumcised, stone homosexuals, not wear different fabrics, what of all the other Mosaic laws, do we sin if we eat pork, crabs, cut our hair, get a tattoo, do we lose Christ’s love because we work on the sabbath.
Didn’t Jesus heal on the sabbath, work on the sabath, make others work on the sabath?

Are you saying Jesus broke the law you demand I keep?

posted on May, 23 2019 @ 10:28 AM
link   
a reply to: ScatteredThirdAngel

I make my own work hours and I'm none religious so there is no special day of the week for me.

I also don't celebrate holidays of any kind or my own birthday.

I find all that to be silly. Personally I just have fun or rest whenever I feel like it. No special reason required.

posted on May, 23 2019 @ 11:06 AM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

Friday, Saturday and Sunday just to be safe?

And don't forget Monday off to recover from the "weekend" and BTW Wednesday off, to break up the week.

Tuesday & Thursday are work days...wait weren't we promised we'd have so much leisure time back in the 70's with automation..........hahahahahahaha............

posted on May, 23 2019 @ 11:08 AM
link   
a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight

Wow.

You're incredible you know that? We need to get your brilliance out to the forefront ASAP.

ConstruktionofLight 2020

posted on May, 24 2019 @ 03:52 AM
link   

Why thank you - I like to keep things in perspective - and remind people how not to trust anything that promises utopia.

posted on May, 24 2019 @ 06:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheConstruKctionofLight

Why thank you - I like to keep things in perspective - and remind people how not to trust anything that promises utopia.

All joking aside, I think it's time for America to take note of some of our other first world examples and really address how much we work each week. I don't say this from a place of laziness, but I think it would be beneficial for all.

I'm not sure if the government needs to get involved or how we go about it, but people need more time paid off. Most jobs you can still accomplish almost the same amount, if not the same amount of objectives while having an extra two weeks off.

We all have one life, and it's not too much to ask that people reconnect with their families and more importantly themselves while getting some much needed time away from the daily grind. I think this would also help a lot of peoples health.

And while I was joking above, I don't think any of our nation's decision's for all of society need to be made for religion.

posted on May, 24 2019 @ 07:44 AM
link   

You sound like a lazy lima bean dat only has tree job, mon. I work fifteen job, I da hardest workin man on here mon.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join