It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'COLD PURSUIT' is Pure Vomit

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2019 @ 09:48 AM
link   
I'm doing EVERYONE here a favor...when I tell you to save your money and avoid this film as you would a wild-eyed, angry-lesbian, potter waving BBQ spatulas, while screaming at you in Urdu...from the end of your driveway.

Was surfing for a movie last night...and saw 'Cold Pursuit' just posted 'on demand'.

Thought I died and went to heaven...Liam Neeson, Laura Dern...."man systematically killing his way up the chain of a drug cartel...in order to avenge the death of his son".
WHAT is not to love here?

Watched the (artfully-edited) trailer...and for $5.99...it was a done deal! THIS LOOKS AWESOME!

I will avoid spoilers...and stick to general criticism:
TWO awesome stars were completely wasted.

The Plot was completely inane...illogical and butchered beyond understanding.

The ending was idiotic.
Imagine a 12 yr. old Tarantino fan...having access to Liam Neeson and somehow convincing him to do his film.

SAVE YOUR MONEY.

SAVE YOUR TIME.

AVOID THIS FILM....IT COMPLETELY SUCKS...the only reason I watched it to the end was because I stupidly paid for it.

edit on 17-5-2019 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2019 @ 10:09 AM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

At least cold pursuit was watchable lol. Some of the action scenes weren't bad and the tree thru the car was funny.

You want to waste your money on something even more stupid than cold pursuit? I mean orders of magnitude more stupid, a career killer? Go see Pokemon, detective picachu. Just sad, stupid, crappy acting, Ryan Reynolds as picachu was just utterly moronic. I don't know why anyone would stoop so low as to make this crap C level movie.

Cheers - Dave
edit on 5/17.2019 by bobs_uruncle because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2019 @ 10:30 AM
link   
I saw it the other night.. helps if you're drunk lol

Why does Neeson have to play the same role in every movie though... he's becoming a more likable Steven Seagal..

Want a real misfire? Try Shazam.. though not as bad as reviews say, it just didn't know what it wanted to be...
edit on 17-5-2019 by gallop because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2019 @ 10:38 AM
link   

I saw it also.

Was like ordering a half-pound burger with all the trimmings and getting a soy burger topped with kale.

posted on May, 17 2019 @ 10:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: bobs_uruncle

You want to waste your money on something even more stupid than cold pursuit? I mean orders of magnitude more stupid, a career killer? Go see Pokemon, detective picachu. Just sad, stupid, crappy acting, Ryan Reynolds as picachu was just utterly moronic. I don't know why anyone would stoop so low as to make this crap C level movie.

I like Ryan, especially as deadpool..

So to back your statement up...

He must be taking the piss to have done this.

posted on May, 17 2019 @ 11:52 AM
link   

I think Neeson went from a good actor to just write a check and I'll do it.

Otherwise someone needs to explain how he did battleship. By the end I was rooting for the aliens.

And the last jedi soured me on dern....ugh.

posted on May, 17 2019 @ 12:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: gallop

originally posted by: bobs_uruncle

I like Ryan, especially as deadpool..

So to back your statement up...

He must be taking the piss to have done this.

I like Ryan too, even in "The Nines" and Deadpool he was great, blade trinity as well and some of the national lampoons were good like wilder :-) But this disgusting picachu crap, now that's potentially a career killer. Did he throw away his career to buy another Ferrari? Were the makers trying to only appeal to the approx 30 year olds that bought into this stuff as kids?

Greed always outweighs common sense eh :-)

Cheers - Dave

posted on May, 17 2019 @ 12:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

I think Neeson went from a good actor to just write a check and I'll do it.

Otherwise someone needs to explain how he did battleship. By the end I was rooting for the aliens.

And the last jedi soured me on dern....ugh.

Maybe he has a lot of Hamas and Hezbollah charities to support? He did go to the dark side lol

Cheers - Dave

posted on May, 17 2019 @ 12:22 PM
link   
a reply to: bobs_uruncle

Pimping ain't easy....

posted on May, 17 2019 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Yeah, it was a pile of tripe, but if you think that was bad, wait until you see the new Pet Sematary, most gigantic pile of elephant turd all rolled into 141 minutes that you'll never get back in your life.

Seriously, it's that and a lot worse

posted on May, 17 2019 @ 12:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zcustosmorum

Yeah, it was a pile of tripe, but if you think that was bad, wait until you see the new Pet Sematary, most gigantic pile of elephant turd all rolled into 141 minutes that you'll never get back in your life.

Seriously, it's that and a lot worse

Yep, agree. Pet semetary was a steaming pile of skanky old crap as well. Seems to be the trend these days, of course, almost none of these clowns can act worth a damn. Neither can I, but nobody pays me to act lol.

The world has gone to crap! I called 4 different truck and jeep specialty stores today looking for a Polarity reversing winch relay. I got four millennials and four "what's a winch?" Can you imagine what movies and politics are going to be like in say 20 years. We're screwed!

Cheers - Dave

posted on May, 17 2019 @ 01:17 PM
link   
I think the question we need to be asking ourselves is who is producing these movies and why. It takes cash to produce all of these movies and the planning that goes in to them. The focus groups that predict what the public wants to see or see more of. These folks are likely making good money to make these decisions.
For the most part it seems that what is coming out of Hollywood is pablum. Pikachoo, I can't even give it enough attention to learn how to spell it for crying out loud. Pablum.

And super hero flick after super hero flick until one super hero is not enough so they put them all together to suck all the followers of each into more. And then make sequels of those. I mean come on.

And what's with all these cartoon movies, even if the product is aimed at adults more than children. Maybe they are all aimed at adults being KEPT children rather than allowing people to open up to higher adult thought processes.

If we are going to rant on one specific movie or this or that movie, why not take them as a whole and condemn the whole lot huh?

Forget conservative. Forget liberal. Look to the status quo, that seems to be a driving force here. What sold before will sell again. And again. Nesson for instance was a b status actor until he did that one that his daughter was kidnapped in Europe. Box office boffo. So they did it again. And again. And again and he said ''What the hell'', big checks and drove to the bank. Cold pursuit was basically the same character, just a bit of a different plot. And I can't spell his name either and so what.

posted on May, 17 2019 @ 01:58 PM
link   
a reply to: gallop
Ryan Reynolds sucks, he always just plays himself in almost all the films he is in. All the movies he’s in should be called Ryan Reynolds, Ryan Reynolds the sequel, Ryan Reynolds III, etc etc no matter if he’s dressed up like the green lantern or dead pool or Ryan Reynolds in college (van wilder) he got old quick

posted on May, 17 2019 @ 03:30 PM
link   
And then there's CGI...in everything anymore!

posted on May, 17 2019 @ 04:21 PM
link   
Anyone know how scripts get green lighted to be made into movies. I do...It's not just an American market anymore. Streaming and ppv has changed everything. They don't read movie reviews in Asia and they love everything Western movie productions companies put out. I'm in the location trailer now working on the biggest piece of low budget sh!t you can imagine. Only 5 mil and shot in 14 days with "no name" actors. It's crazy!!!
I sometimes work for a writer/director/producer that shoots the same horror picture over and over with just different "talent"...no theater release, straight to Asia and the Philippines cable.

Oh yeah, plaster Liam's name on anything and it will make the nut and then some. I had the pleasure of working with Mr Neesom on this winner. Nice guy!!

Very profane....Shot at Bonanza Creek, about 25 min. from my place.

www.youtube.com...
edit on 17-5-2019 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2019 @ 06:16 PM
link   
I haven't seen Cold Pursuit yet because I got a Reindeer Games vibe from it. Not just because it is set in snow, just a crap vibe.

posted on May, 17 2019 @ 06:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: watchandwait410
I haven't seen Cold Pursuit yet because I got a Reindeer Games vibe from it. Not just because it is set in snow, just a crap vibe.

Save your money.
If you MUST see it...wait til it's free.

posted on May, 18 2019 @ 06:07 AM
link   
I'm sorry but I'm going to have to trump you all here with an even bigger turd.

I watched Replicants the other night, with none other than John Wick headlining.

It truly is a really, really bad film. Watch it just to see the massive plot holes and atrocious acting. It's like it's everyone's first acting job.

If there was a reason for another sad Keanu meme, this would be it 😁

posted on May, 18 2019 @ 07:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: youcanttellthepeople
I'm sorry but I'm going to have to trump you all here with an even bigger turd.

I watched Replicants the other night, with none other than John Wick headlining.

It truly is a really, really bad film. Watch it just to see the massive plot holes and atrocious acting. It's like it's everyone's first acting job.

If there was a reason for another sad Keanu meme, this would be it 😁

Thanks for saving me an hour and a half of my life.
...I was wondering about Replicants. Watched the trailer and it just looked too predictable.

posted on May, 18 2019 @ 09:21 AM
link   
Dissatisfied with the current state of American entertainment??? If you think you can do better....

Be the change you seek....

www.celtx.com...

Netflix is looking for content....as is Lifetime and a few other production corps. that Iv'e never even heard of...and there's always the European market.

In fact you can sell a "treatment" to netflix and their staff writers will flesh out the characters and dialog.

If you can write a coherent post or thread on ATS, you can write a movie, however it needs to be in industry standard format to get read by the big dogs; that's why I included the software link.
edit on 18-5-2019 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

edit on 18-5-2019 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join