It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Georgia Abortion Bill

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2019 @ 03:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Fools

Women don’t owe you or anyone else an excuse for exercising their body autonomy. Their agency is more important than your tender feelings about a fetus.

posted on May, 7 2019 @ 03:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: grey580
a reply to: Bluntone22

true.

Though this will punish women that were raped or were drugged and raped and not even knew they were pregnant.

Punishment is the key word. I live in Georgia. It’s an incredibly punitive state. It’s citizens, including the citizens in liberal Atlanta, are bound by votes from state legislators from places wholly unlike the city. And this state loves to come up with laws that overwhelmingly negatively affect its most vulnerable citizens.

posted on May, 7 2019 @ 03:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
The rich women can fly to Cancun, Europe, or the Bahamas to get their abortions with a little vacation as well.

Poor women, sorry just have your baby and offer it up for adoption. I think that's the coming theology in the USA.

Seems to mirror the theology behind open borders in some ways, ya? Both, on paper, result in increases in the percentage of poor, uneducated, likely unemployed residents. The main difference, I reckon, is the alternative to one of them directly involves murder while the alternative to the other simply involves shutting the damn door.

(post by Fools removed for a manners violation)

posted on May, 7 2019 @ 04:09 PM
link   

posted on May, 7 2019 @ 04:11 PM
link   
a reply to: icanteven

I live in Georgia. It’s an incredibly punitive state.

AND they don't know how to manage highways or airports.

sorry I just had to get that in there!!

posted on May, 7 2019 @ 04:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm

originally posted by: Gothmog
Ive saw bass on the bank that didn't flip-flop that much...
Make up your mind...

No flip flop at all, I've never changed my stance on it once.
I'm against it for me, but everyone else can do whatever the law says.

I just find it funny how hypocritical people are.

So you take the moral relativist stance? That means you tacitly support it. It's not right for you, and yet it is. It's either right or it's not. Just saying it's not right for you and then trying to wiggle out of it by saying, "... but I don't judge ..." only means you do accept it and it is right for you, you just make yourself feel better about it by saying you would never personally do it.

posted on May, 7 2019 @ 04:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: icanteven

Women don’t owe you or anyone else an excuse for exercising their body autonomy. Their agency is more important than your tender feelings about a fetus.

So ... no means no? I agree. Women can and should exercise autonomy over their bodies by not having sex if they don't want to be pregnant.

posted on May, 7 2019 @ 04:19 PM
link   
So it's "my body my choice" unless we're talking about forced government vaccination programs.

posted on May, 7 2019 @ 04:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: KrishnaTheGreat
This is stupid. Women should be allowed to do whatever they want to do with their bodies. Where in the Bible does it say a woman can’t have an abortion...I’m sorry but are we forgetting about rape? I’m not keeping the kid if I was raped by one of these evil demons out there in the world.
Well, you're just displaying your ignorance.

The baby is new, fresh and doesn't know any better, it's also part of you. So, cut the crap out and take care of your species.

That's the beauty in it, to teach and prosper.

posted on May, 7 2019 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Well, I'm glad this is going to finally solve that pesky abortion debate once and for all.

posted on May, 7 2019 @ 04:35 PM
link   

posted on May, 7 2019 @ 04:38 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

The state assumed the control of the airport from the city this legislative session.

My take is that they want to rebrand it as the Gilead Gateway.

posted on May, 7 2019 @ 04:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

That's what he said.

Have to admit that was a pretty good one.

posted on May, 7 2019 @ 04:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: icanteven

You love telling people what to do, don’t you?

Not really, just don't mind telling people when I don't like their comments.

posted on May, 7 2019 @ 04:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Fools
a reply to: JAGStorm

To me, there is almost no excuse for any grown woman to have an abortion these days (except in cases of rape). Birth control of many types are available.

I don't think a human being should die because someone was being too relaxed when they decided to have a romp.

I mean I know, I know, there are alot of younger women that are pressured into sex when they aren't ready and for it, and they are too immature to make a logical step to protect themselves in those scenarios. I suppose I can make an exception - but I feel dreadfully sorry for them and all the psychological issues they will have for the rest of their lives because of two mistakes. I have had several relationships in my life where women I adored as human beings broke down and cried for hours and hours with me because of that event that happened in their lives. Non of them felt no guilt and that it was just something they did to solve a problem. They all felt horrible sadness and emotional pain.

If anyone really wants to know why western women are sometimes "crazy" I think you need look no further than their trip to the abortion clinic. I wonder what percentage of women in the US have had abortions.

I agree with you. There is no excuse except straight up laziness, ignorance, and irresponsibility that abortions are so frequent. I'm of the mindset that abortion should be legal and RARE. No one can argue with a straight face that abortions are rare.

It is extremely difficult to get pregnant when using birth control. It does happen, but not nearly in the numbers that people would have you believe. What most people mean when "condom broke" is that they didn't use a condom... or forgot their pill.

The problem with the abortion debate is that we have extremist on both sides driving policy instead of basic common sense. On the right we have people claiming it is a baby at the moment of conception and on the left we have people wanting to abort live births. It is lunacy on both sides.

I don't have an issue with abortion being legal up to say about 6 to 8 weeks. The woman needs to make a decision and stick with it. However, there is no reason beyond exceedingly rare instances where we should be aborting babies after about 20 weeks.

posted on May, 7 2019 @ 04:46 PM
link   
This the same Georgia that flips the # out when anyone mentions introducing any type of sex education?

posted on May, 7 2019 @ 04:51 PM
link   
People are working on making this a reality so one day there will be an option to abortion where life continues and the women don't have to go through delivering.

Then we can have a population explosion the like we have never seen before.

posted on May, 7 2019 @ 05:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
So it's "my body my choice" unless we're talking about forced government vaccination programs.

Or prostitution... drugs... suicide... interesting how we have laws all over the place that infringe on someone's "choice" over "their own" body, but add a baby into the picture and suddenly it's all about the "rights" over "self" and dehumanization of the innocent. Goddamn sickos.

posted on May, 7 2019 @ 06:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

One is a public health issue, the other is not (until it forces pregnancy to term, the it IS a public health issue).

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join