It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Don McGahn, ex-White House counsel, subpoenaed over Mueller report

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2019 @ 07:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
What justice did Trump obstruct?

Simple question.

Anyone have the stones to provide a simple damned answer???

That's an easy one. He asked the head of his cyber security division to 'stand down' in his investigation into the Russian interference he had discovered. This was obstruction according to the legal definition, as it hampered a legitimate and active investigation. It proves conclusively that Trump didn't want the Russian meddling investigated or stopped.

Wait a sec... Am I confusing Trump with someone else???

(post by Cassi3l removed for political trolling and baiting)

posted on Apr, 22 2019 @ 07:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: ausername
They're gonna succeed where Mueller failed here. Bet on it.

Trump definitely allegedly attempted to obstruct an elaborate (failed) attempted coup!

They're gonna get him this time, fer sure!

This is awesome

posted on Apr, 22 2019 @ 07:42 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

You can talk to others about doing a crime, you can even do preparations to do a crime, but unless you actually do the crime it is not illegal. I have felt like beating the crap out of someone who has wronged me in the past, and even discussed it with friends... but never did it, I just vented a bit. Should I be put in jail for thinking about doing something wrong when I was mad? Unless you act on something. Now blasphemy is a crime, falsely making accusations of someone is a crime.

In the case of Trump, he is the president and he is entitled to speak with his lawyers and his personal staff about options to get something accomplished, the lawyers decide if it is the legal way to do it or adjust the method to make it legal. That is their job. If I want to go buy a car, can't I go and haggle the price with the dealer who is selling the car or do I have to just accept it at what he is selling it for. The Dems try to make people think Trump has to just sit down and accept their trash. He does not have to. He is the president, if anything, the congressmen need to accept his trash. As single congressmen, they represent one states people, the president represents all of the states people. Some of the more mouthy congressmen think they represent the whole country, when in fact they only represent a district of their state.

posted on Apr, 22 2019 @ 07:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rewey

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Simple question.

Anyone have the stones to provide a simple damned answer???

That's an easy one. He asked the head of his cyber security division to 'stand down' in his investigation into the Russian interference he had discovered. This was obstruction according to the legal definition, as it hampered a legitimate and active investigation. It proves conclusively that Trump didn't want the Russian meddling investigated or stopped.

Wait a sec... Am I confusing Trump with someone else???

Let me guess, this happened in 2014, right?

posted on Apr, 22 2019 @ 07:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Cassi3l

Every day I think the left can't get worse, and then they do.

First... You are guilty until proven innocent
Now... You are guilty if you try to seek ways to defend yourself?

posted on Apr, 22 2019 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Actually, with your stance, not that many in our country empathize with you. Most of the people in the middle do not side with either side, I tend to think of myself just a little right now, I used to be moderately left before. Most people are actually not with the crazy faction of the Democrats these days, just like they do not sympathize with the far right. Right now, lots of people are wondering how we elected so many crazies into the Democratic party.

You may believe there is support for the irrational behavior of the left, but there is actually very few people that actually are backing the troublesome Democrats that have gone over the edge. MSM does not like Trump, I have taken quite a few polls on the phone over the last two years, the polls tend to try to lead people to answer how they want them to answer. I no longer take those polls, I got sick of the way they triggered a person to say what they wanted them to say. Most people do not want anything to do with chaotic politics, the News makes it seem that people are backing the Democrats but they don't. The vast majority of people around here just want them to build that fence on the border, it will save bundles of money over the year if they do. Saving our taxpayers money is the best way to go, the wall will pay itself back in five years in savings to the taxpayers.

posted on Apr, 22 2019 @ 07:52 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 22 2019 @ 07:55 PM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

Imagine the glory of it all...
"Call the President Horseman:
A Political Farce"

Jeff Bridges as Trump
Dave Chappelle as Obama
Robert Stack as Mueller
Marty Feldman as Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez
Tracey Ullman as Latrine as Nancy Pelosi
Dom DeLuise as Jerrold Nadler
Harvey Korman as Chuck Schumer
Andy Kauffman as Michael Cohen
Ron Carey as Adam Schiff
Gregory Hines as Maxine Waters
Richard Lewis as Jim Comey
Roger Rees as Paul Manafort
John Candy as William Barr
Rick Moranis as Ted Cruz
Peter Boyle as Jeff Sessions
and Carey Elwes as Trey Gowdy

posted on Apr, 22 2019 @ 07:55 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 22 2019 @ 07:57 PM
link   

LOL, dig in deeper if you wish, but regardless... you're believing that seeking advice from legal counsel is somehow a criminal act, when it's sort of the entire purpose of legal counsel and has never been criminal or considered obstructive of justice in any case prior to now. That said, it won't constitute a crime here, either. Epic fail... it's coming again, brace yourself.

posted on Apr, 22 2019 @ 07:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Martin75

First... You are guilty until proven innocent
Now... You are guilty if you try to seek ways to defend yourself?

There's a word for that... "fascism"

posted on Apr, 22 2019 @ 08:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

So, to summarize what's happening here, Nadler and the House Dems are trying to make the argument that Trump asking about the legality and wisdom of various possible actions, which are within his authority as POTUS, constituted "obstruction." Hmmm... so seeking legal counsel from the White House legal counsel is a crime now? LMAO!!!!

Wow. Seriously? They're wasting our time now with *this?*

It's over, let it go.

ETA: I now believe that President Trump seriously and significantly overestimated his foes. He needn't waste one more second on this Keystone Cops meet the Three Stooges Act some in DC are intent on continuing the stage presence of. Ignore them into oblivion and this will burn itself out before the end of Summer.

Join trump's legal team. He needs you more than he needed the above names in the op.

Still, it seems that trump, the man always in clap back mode, is powerless in the midst of all this. (In desperation, he filed a lawsuit against Cummings [himself] to stop the tax documents from being accessed. (Eventhough trump has no requirement to show his tax returns, yet he has to resort to a lawsuit he is so much in charge.

The investigation, report, tax requests, all just keep trotting along; no matter the how capricious the denials are or ludicrous claims of control trump has over anything 😉👌.

Hillary still at large, no wall, no healthcare, nk still calling the shots comfortably, Maduro pretty much just mooned trump et al on his demands.

...and not a single ally chiming in...

I think it would behoove the cult45 to start working on the excuses on why trump's tenure was as devoid as 0bama. Hint: blame it on a democratic house (2 years too late) and the investigation.

P.s the metrics of the economy always seesaw as its doing now, because old bill was seeing the same economic and employment growth and success. 🥺

Anyway. If trump decides to run he has my vote again. Keep America great 202!
edit on 22-4-2019 by odzeandennz because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2019 @ 08:06 PM
link   
a reply to: ausername

He would have gotten away with it, if it wasn't for Pelosi and those kids.

posted on Apr, 22 2019 @ 08:08 PM
link   

So how but he give them the erik holder answer?
Precedent and all?

posted on Apr, 22 2019 @ 08:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rewey

originally posted by: highvein
a reply to: burdman30ott6

They are ensuring Trump's 2nd term.

At this point, Trump should make a tweet suggesting the repeal of the 22nd amendment to allow a president more than two terms. Just to watch the Democrat heads explode. Just for a laugh...

LOL. That would be an amazing event. Wow. You just made me laugh so hard it made a Democrat some where in the world, seek out a safe space.

(post by Cassi3l removed for political trolling and baiting)

posted on Apr, 22 2019 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Well, we are waiting.

Evidence? Surely you have an entire assortment of evidence to the matter? Or are you just CNN'n it today, and spewing things you hear about but don't give much thought to?

posted on Apr, 22 2019 @ 08:14 PM
link   

What justice was denied because of Trumps actions?

Spill it.

Talk.

Hablo engles?

posted on Apr, 22 2019 @ 08:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Martin75

They have contingency plans...

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join