It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Don McGahn, ex-White House counsel, subpoenaed over Mueller report

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2019 @ 06:57 PM
link   
The subpoeana is here

This subpoena names 36 categories of documents
and communications that must be turned over

Topics include ...

“The resignation or termination of Michael Flynn” (item No 4)
“Your resignation or termination, whether contemplated or actual” (item No 14).
"Reversing or attempting to reverse Jeff Session’s recusal from any matters' (item N°10 )
'Prosecuting or investigating James Comey or Hillary Clinton" (item N°28)
"Presidential pardons, whether possible or actual, for Paul Manafort, Michael Flynn, Michael Cohen, Rick Gates, Roger Stone, individuals associated with the Trump Campaign, or individuals involved in matters before the US Attorney’s Office for the Southern District of New York (item N° 28)

The demand for his testimony should help shed further light on the President’s attacks on the rule of law, and his attempts to cover up those actions by lying to the American people and requesting others do the same

The official statement continues
“The Special Counsel and his team made clear that based on their investigation,
they were unable to ‘reach [the] judgment . . . .that the President clearly did not commit obstruction of justice.’'

Just a gentle reminder :

Trump is no-where near being in the clear, not since Mueller states that The conclusion that Congress may apply the obstruction laws to the President’s corrupt exercise of the powers of office accords with our constitutional system of checks and balances and the principle that no person is above the law

There’s a scene in the Mueller report from a Saturday in June 2017.
Trump is at Camp David and McGahn is at home in Virginia.
The lawyer gets two calls from the president,
which he later described to Mueller, whose report reads:

'You gotta do this” McGahn recalls the president saying.
“‘You gotta call Rod.’”
But McGahn did not call Rod.
McGahn considered the president’s request to be an inflection point and he wanted to hit the brakes.

Afterwards, McGahn went to hand in his resignation to Preibus
"The president wants me to do some crazy stuff"

"Crazy stuff"
being a bit, y'know, not particularly legal ...

As long as it's not a democrat
doing 'Crazy stuff", that's OK ...

Naturally enough, Trump
the current, sordid, resident of the White House
is busy distancing himself from his best buddies :

McGahn
McFarland
Manafort
Lewandowski
Dearborn
Priebus
Porter
Stone
Christie
et al
edit on 22-4-2019 by Cassi3l because: Happy Easter !

+27 more 
posted on Apr, 22 2019 @ 07:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Cassi3l

So, to summarize what's happening here, Nadler and the House Dems are trying to make the argument that Trump asking about the legality and wisdom of various possible actions, which are within his authority as POTUS, constituted "obstruction." Hmmm... so seeking legal counsel from the White House legal counsel is a crime now? LMAO!!!!

Wow. Seriously? They're wasting our time now with *this?*

It's over, let it go.

ETA: I now believe that President Trump seriously and significantly overestimated his foes. He needn't waste one more second on this Keystone Cops meet the Three Stooges Act some in DC are intent on continuing the stage presence of. Ignore them into oblivion and this will burn itself out before the end of Summer.
edit on 22-4-2019 by burdman30ott6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2019 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Uh huh. Yea.

So?

The senate won't impeach him, the impeachment proceedings will most likely never even happen.

+8 more 
posted on Apr, 22 2019 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Jesus Christ!

Just stage an open coup and get it over with!

Hang him in the public square!

SMDH!

+12 more 
posted on Apr, 22 2019 @ 07:05 PM
link   
So basically the Dems are implying that if you get a lawyer or take any steps to legally protect yourself from being falsely accused of something, it is obstruction of justice. Yeah, I thought that is what they are trying to say.

If I were to state that I did not commit a crime I was accused of and attempted to get evidence to prove it or try to meet with people to explain I had not done it....it now qualifies as obstruction of Justice. Now the Democrats are trying to set us up, they can use this to slam anyone who questions any legal action by using it to set precedence to take away our rights as citizens. Anyone should be able to see there are some people up high that are trying to seize control of our society and country.

+5 more 
posted on Apr, 22 2019 @ 07:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: ColdWisdom

Uh huh. Yea.

So?

The senate won't impeach him, the impeachment proceedings will most likely never even happen.

Quite frankly, the moderate Dems in the House (what remains of them) won't let this get past committee anyway. Their constituents in the sane districts have bullsh_t fatigue over this never ending witch hunt at this point and they can't afford to disappoint them any further. Someone just needs to take one for the team and be the first to tell Nadler "Hey fatass, sit down, shut up!" and many will follow, at least I would *hope* they have some degree of wisdom left in their party to do so. It's just a matter of nobody wanting to be the first to say it, lest they catch the glare of one of their party leaders who are presently still going through blood withdrawls from the failure of the Mueller investigation to provide them with anything actually prosecutable. I mean, seriously, what court in the nation would actually prosecute someone for seeking legal counsel from their legal counsel?
I'm not even in the law profession and the idea of it makes me belly laugh. I'm sure the folks who actually have careers in law are getting quite the giggles out of the ridiculousness of it.

+8 more 
posted on Apr, 22 2019 @ 07:09 PM
link   
See, I dont like this from the HIC

It was always Trump/Russia... Mueller investigated and found nothing.
Trump was accused daily by the corrupt media and dishonest democratic senators. Trump defended himself, every single day tooth and nail and fair enough, he was innocent. He's allowed to fight back!

Now, they see him defending himself as 'obstruction' ?

He was legally allowed to fire Comey
He was legally allowed to ask Session not to recuse himself

This is nothing more than time wasting and trying to bog down a successful president, because come 2020 the democrats need talking points.

shameful anyone still believes in this mock trial

+3 more 
posted on Apr, 22 2019 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Trump is no-where near being in the clear, not since Mueller states that The conclusion that Congress may apply the obstruction laws to the President’s corrupt exercise of the powers of office accords with our constitutional system of checks and balances and the principle that no person is above the law

LMAO. And please tell us what those corrupt exercises of power where? That right. He didn't use his power corruptly, the Democrats did with how they are misusing their powers for obstruction purposes. The falling party is in it's death throws now. They can't even agree if they should Impeach him or not. Once again, LMAO, you guys fall for it every single time.

+3 more 
posted on Apr, 22 2019 @ 07:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
So basically the Dems are implying that if you get a lawyer or take any steps to legally protect yourself from being falsely accused of something, it is obstruction of justice.

Not just that, they're saying if someone *asks* their legal counsel if doing something would be a smart move, it's the same as just going ahead and doing it with middle fingers wagging at Lady Justice.

God, this has gone from the sublime to the ridiculous.

+7 more 
posted on Apr, 22 2019 @ 07:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: highvein
And please tell us what those corrupt exercises of power where?

Apparently, he sought advice from the White House legal counsel... whose public job description is to "advise the President on legal matters." Trump hid his obstruction in plain view.

Mel Brooks couldn't write this twist and turn better than reality is doing now.

posted on Apr, 22 2019 @ 07:14 PM
link   
They're gonna succeed where Mueller failed here. Bet on it.

Trump definitely allegedly attempted to obstruct an elaborate (failed) attempted coup!

They're gonna get him this time, fer sure!

+1 more 
posted on Apr, 22 2019 @ 07:16 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

They are ensuring Trump's 2nd term.

+4 more 
posted on Apr, 22 2019 @ 07:17 PM
link   
What justice did Trump obstruct?

Simple question.

Anyone have the stones to provide a simple damned answer???

posted on Apr, 22 2019 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Mel Brooks couldn't write this twist and turn better than reality is doing now.

It's as if they sought out an asylum, and insisted that the patient's write talking points for them.

More of a Monty Python-ish feel to me.

posted on Apr, 22 2019 @ 07:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Simple question.

Anyone have the stones to provide a simple damned answer???

I think they would use gravity as evidence in this case.

posted on Apr, 22 2019 @ 07:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

The insurance policy designed to overturn the 2016 election and/or have him thrown out of office if he won?

Justice for Hillary!

posted on Apr, 22 2019 @ 07:26 PM
link   

That's a very long winded way of saying Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

posted on Apr, 22 2019 @ 07:26 PM
link   
a reply to: ausername

a reply to: highvein

So Trump IS guilty of obstructing injustice.

Impeach the orange bastard!

posted on Apr, 22 2019 @ 07:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: highvein

They are ensuring Trump's 2nd term.

At this point, Trump should make a tweet suggesting the repeal of the 22nd amendment to allow a president more than two terms. Just to watch the Democrat heads explode. Just for a laugh...

posted on Apr, 22 2019 @ 07:27 PM
link   

+100 for mentioning Mel Brooks

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join