It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BuzzFeed editor takes heat for saying Trump would be more outraged if Sri Lanka victims were white

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2019 @ 09:12 PM
link   
NOTE: Title shortened due to ATS title limitations.

Seriously, does this hate know no bounds?!?! This is just openly disgusting and unwarranted attacks upon the president for no good reason.

A BuzzFeed News world editor faced backlash Sunday for taking a swipe at President Trump while tweeting an article about the attacks in Sri Lanka on Easter.

"Suspect we’d be hearing a lot more outrage from Trump and co. if the Christians killed in Sri Lanka were white," Miriam Elder tweeted with a link to BuzzFeed News.

Source Article: BuzzFeed News editor takes heat for suggesting Trump would be more outraged if Sri Lanka victims were white

And, how did her employer respond to this attack when asked?

When contacted by Fox News, BuzzFeed News responded: “No comment from us.”

No comment?!?! Well, this exposes them for what they truly are, race baiting propagandists.

posted on Apr, 21 2019 @ 09:15 PM
link   
Anyone who takes ANYTHING buzzfeed says even remotely seriously is mentally deficient.

When it comes to garbage journalism, they are pretty much at the bottom. So I'm not surprised they "dug" up such a "hot take" on the sri lanka story.

I have a lot of self hate, but I can't fathom what it would be like to be such a putrid peddler of hate as some of these "journalist" and go home and look at myself in the mirror.

Astounding.
edit on 21-4-2019 by MisterSpock because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2019 @ 09:17 PM
link   
Trump isn't racist, he treats everyone who works for him the same, color doesn't matter, he fires anyone who does not preform as they are supposed to preform. Trump does kind of respect people who like to work for a living....

posted on Apr, 21 2019 @ 09:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
Trump isn't racist, he treats everyone who works for him the same, color doesn't matter, he fires anyone who does not preform as they are supposed to preform. Trump does kind of respect people who like to work for a living....

He is pretty old school.

It's a simple formula, you pull your weight and bring in more than you take(money wise). You do that, and make a buck, for you and for him, he couldn't give 2 #s less about what you are or what you do.

He's a pure capitalist, from what I gather. Which is actually what the US dream is all about.

posted on Apr, 21 2019 @ 09:26 PM
link   
Buzzfeed editor = Anyone with a laptop, coffee shop wifi access and enough pocket change to buy a double soy latte with cream.

Some people just don't know how pathetic they are.

posted on Apr, 21 2019 @ 09:28 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 21 2019 @ 09:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Krakatoa

That's BuzzFeed for you, these folk come up with articles that are just ridiculous. Hell their next article could be '23 reasons how to tell your pets are gay'

Terrorist attack, hundreds dead, investigations will follow, end of f^^^^^g story. How Trump got dragged into this baffles me.

posted on Apr, 21 2019 @ 09:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Thecakeisalie

That's BuzzFeed for you, these folk come up with articles that are just ridiculous. Hell their next article could be '23 reasons how to tell your pets are gay'

Terrorist attack, hundreds dead, investigations will follow, end of f^^^^^g story. How Trump got dragged into this baffles me.

Buzzfeed: Why letting other dudes # your wife is ultra cool......

Cuz your a cuck, news at 11.

posted on Apr, 21 2019 @ 09:42 PM
link   
I like buzzfeed, it's one of the better sources for comedy these days.

I know that isn't their intent, but man some of their # is just gold. Doubly so when you realize that they are serious.

Honestly, the internet wouldn't be what it is without them. So they have that going for them.

posted on Apr, 21 2019 @ 10:34 PM
link   

I hate pieces like this because logically I have to defend Trump.

It's impossible to be critical of him when people are so unhinged they'll conflate anything to buzzwords (pun intended).

So when I do say something critical of him I get grouped with these asshats.

Useful effing idiots.

Anyone who likes Trump should praise these ass clowns, seriously.

posted on Apr, 22 2019 @ 12:40 AM
link   
Buzzfeed have obviously really crossed a line here... it was totally uncalled for.

After all, Trump already posted a tweet expressing his condolences for the 138 million people who lost their lives.

posted on Apr, 22 2019 @ 06:21 AM
link   

Buzzfeed is terrible.

posted on Apr, 22 2019 @ 06:58 AM
link   

Whilst quite inappropriate, and politicizing a tragedy, the point is spot on.

Not necessarily the Trump and co. part, but definitely the western part.

Evidence? The thread on the attack here on ATS has just over 100 replies at the time of this posting.

I will even admit my own indifference to it.

It's terrible, but I don't really care.

edit on 22/4/19 by Chadwickus because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2019 @ 07:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Chadwickus

It is indifference because of the location and no personal connection to it, not because of their color.

posted on Apr, 22 2019 @ 07:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: MisterSpock
Buzzfeed editor = Anyone with a laptop, coffee shop wifi access and enough pocket change to buy a double soy latte with cream.

Some people just don't know how pathetic they are.

Buzzfeed Editor = "Instagram Model"

LOL

"YouTube Reviewer"

People who think they are influencers. Those people are worse than lawyers and developers.

posted on Apr, 22 2019 @ 08:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Chadwickus

What does that have more to do with though? The fact they're Sri Lankan or the fact that no one in the Western Press gives two shakes of a rat's @ss if a bunch of Christians of *any* color or nationality get bombed to kingdom come? Let's be honest. The people targeted and killed at Christchurch were no more white than these people were, but we were all outraged by it. Those victims fit the narrative, so did their attacker. The idea that Christians get targeted for being Christian doesn't fit the preferred press narrative and so gets as much attention as black on black violence in the ghettos.

You want to know why practically no one knows anything here? Ask the editors in the press rooms why *they* don't care, and they're as liberal as you'll find anywhere.
edit on 22-4-2019 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

edit on 22-4-2019 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2019 @ 08:34 AM
link   

And had this been muslims, the editor would have said that Trump would be more outraged if the victims were Christians. They never stop, just like the left when it comes to police "brutality." If they shoot the threat, they could have tased. If they tase the threat, they could have used force. If they use force, they could have just arrested. If they just arrest, they're still in the wrong and racist. It's always a no-win situation with these hardcore trolls.

posted on Apr, 22 2019 @ 08:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Subaeruginosa
Buzzfeed have obviously really crossed a line here... it was totally uncalled for.

After all, Trump already posted a tweet expressing his condolences for the 138 million people who lost their lives.
Oh you mean like "Easter Worshippers"? difference here? Trumps was a typo.

posted on Apr, 22 2019 @ 09:06 AM
link   
Democrats and the liberal media would be more outraged if the victims weren't Christians.

posted on Apr, 22 2019 @ 10:21 AM
link   
Buzzfeed was a propaganda outlet for the Steele dossier, and other fake news used to illegally spy on Trump.

They are bought and paid for by Perkins Coie.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join