It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I need help with a topic for school.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2019 @ 11:27 PM
link   
Hi guys and gals!

I need a topic for my class in college. I can't seem to find what I want to write about and any help is very appreciated. I got one major paper for this class and it's a online writing class that I have only about four weeks to finalize the paper. This is an academic research paper in which I must choose one topic to argue for or against. I also have other classes, so it's going to be difficult to find time to research it.

It can be any topic that affects society and it must be well researched while showing strong opposing opinions backed by evidence. Tough! My first thought was to create an argument in favor of society going towards veganism. Yet, the research is huge and developing. Tons of research for and against veganism and I need to find a topic that I can research without spending crazy amounts of time on.

Any help is appreciated in suggesting a topic. Or any other comments are appreciated too! I may not respond to you, but I will certainly read all replies. Thanks for any advice,
-SilentSaturn
edit on 11-4-2019 by SilentSaturn because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2019 @ 11:47 PM
link   
a reply to: SilentSaturn

How about the manufacturing and wide distribution of condoms. I imagine that is a very interesting subject and has played a huge role on society.

+1 more 
posted on Apr, 11 2019 @ 11:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Allaroundyou

How about "The Effects on Education When You Let ATS Do Your Homework"

posted on Apr, 11 2019 @ 11:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: NarcolepticBuddha
a reply to: Allaroundyou

How about "The Effects on Education When You Let ATS Do Your Homework"

Ha.. Okay you're right in one way.. I just struggle with finding topics as I'm a mediocre writer to begin with.
edit on 11-4-2019 by SilentSaturn because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2019 @ 11:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Allaroundyou

How about the manufacturing and wide distribution of condoms. I imagine that is a very interesting subject and has played a huge role on society.

O god, I might go insane if I write about condoms.

posted on Apr, 11 2019 @ 11:57 PM
link   
Walk around outside and see what has changed since your childhood.
Should be an interesting subject since natural change in human behavior can and always usually involve an economic change for modern man.
An example: using a fishing hook verses a fishing net. What are the advance changes that effect our well being.

The fishing hook verses the fishing net.

Hope to hear back from ya. It took me a lot of thought to come up with this and I've been fishing since the age of six.
But these days I use a trap since I can get about 10 USD for Japanese fresh water eel at the fish market. Don't have to use a boat, don't have to wait hours for a fish to bite and I can drink some sake while digging for shijimi clam shells.
A win win situation for me. With the clam shells I make miso soup , eat and then go out in the evening and check my eel traps.

posted on Apr, 12 2019 @ 12:07 AM
link   
Talk to FlyingClayDisk. He is the prolific thinker on here with a wide range of intelligence.

Talk to DBCowboy for funny, irreverant topics.

Nightstar for deeply caring, sensitive topics.

etc.

posted on Apr, 12 2019 @ 12:22 AM
link   
^

There you go, OP.

Just ask FCD about juggling a dozen specialized careers while still finding countless hours to post on ATS. You won't even need college after that conversation!

edit on 12-4-2019 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2019 @ 12:30 AM
link   

Topic:
TDS. Is it real.

Position:
Pro

Evidence/Proof:
Screaming at the sky is a good place to start.

posted on Apr, 12 2019 @ 01:34 AM
link   

The class should be given by a department. Is it English? Is it history? The designation should help shape the paper.

Beyond that it should be a paper from your opinion based on researched facts. Not one citing the many thinkers of ATS.
As a college educator (staff member), I am not impressed with your request. If you do not do it yourself you are not allowing for you to be educated.

You are trying to allow the members here to educate you, when the motto is "Deny ignorance."
Please do so. Find the subject, research it and write your own paper. Remember the proper citations and formatting.
Once you finish it yourself you will have a great feeling of personal accomplishment.

posted on Apr, 12 2019 @ 02:17 AM
link   

Do one on the government food pyramid or vegan diet vs. the low carb/keto/carnivore/intermittent fasting science.

Dorsey had just been in the news over the last week and villainized for his diet.

Twitter CEO Jack Dorsey eats only one meal per day

Shouldn't be too hard to find material on both sides.

Watch some YouTube videos to get you started.

posted on Apr, 12 2019 @ 03:38 AM
link   
I'd suggest cannabis law reform.

It's a hot-topic, and one I'm able to assist with as a veteran and somewhat successful campaigner.

If you decide to go with quantum physics, you're on your own and I can't help I'm afraid, lol

Good luck with whatever you decide to go with!

posted on Apr, 12 2019 @ 03:46 AM
link   
a reply to: randomtangentsrme

...You are trying to allow the members here to educate you, when the motto is "Deny ignorance."

Yet at the same time, you claim to be a college educator.

That comment was a big fail on your part, when all they're looking for is suggestions for a topic of research and perhaps a nudge in the right direction towards research papers.

Said with all due respect,

posted on Apr, 12 2019 @ 04:09 AM
link   

the impact of plaigarism on college essays ?

posted on Apr, 12 2019 @ 06:10 AM
link   

How about on the subject of how difficult it can be to decide on what to write about? Seriously!?

posted on Apr, 12 2019 @ 07:27 AM
link   

A basic one, with plenty of fun research would be A.I. and the way it has has the potential to help us and hurt us in various ways.

Should end up being a pretty easy paper with that topic, so long as it intrests you.

posted on Apr, 12 2019 @ 08:30 AM
link   
Topic: Rent Control Laws
For/Against: Your Choice

As a landlord, of course, you want to make as much $$$$$$ as you can off the tenants residing on your properties.

As a tenant, do you want to be forced out of your current dwelling because you can no longer afford to live there due to uncontrolled rent increases?

How has (or hasn't) uncontrolled rent increases contributed to homelessness?

Has rent control worked when it has been implemented?

What kind of sports-car did your landlord purchase after your rent doubled?

edit on 4122019 by seattlerat because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2019 @ 08:40 AM
link   

Should cursive be taught in schools any more?

*boom*

There's your A.

posted on Apr, 12 2019 @ 09:24 AM
link   
Elon Musk's vision for the future... Electrically

posted on Apr, 12 2019 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Will automation help or hurt society.

You could write all day and night on this topic.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join