It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I've just spotted what I believe to be a rendition aircraft over UK - Coming for Assange?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2019 @ 11:15 AM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

I don't think Trump showed any signs so far that he's not in for transparency and truth in media.

We recently learned that the whole Mainstream Media wanted to spread lies and misleading stories about him, so that should tell us something...

posted on Apr, 11 2019 @ 12:26 PM
link   
a reply to: lakenheath24

If it was highlighted in red, most likely burning fuel.

posted on Apr, 11 2019 @ 12:50 PM
link   
a reply to: MerkabaTribeEntity

I dont believe the US made a formal extradition request. I say this because of Manning and his current incarceration for contempt of court. Manning was facing additional charges and accepted a plea deal. The deal required he testify to a Grand Jury regarding Assange and Manning refused. So we know from a month ago there was still a grand jury seated dealing with the Assange case. Its possible there are seal;ed indictments.

Assange's arrest by UK police can also deal with the fact he violated UK law when he jumped bail.

A few other facts:
* - Assange cant be placed in gitmo.
* - Assange cant be designated an enemy combatant
* - Assange cant be charged for Treason (He is Australian).
* - Nothing Assange can be charged with has the death penalty as punishment.

Also - When it comes to "journalism" the moment a "journalist" goes beyond just receiving info and takes an active part to secure classified info he is not entitled to he has in fact violated the espionage act. The 1st amendment does not grant absolute immunity to journalist for criminal behavior. This is important because there are a few dozen journalists under investigation for giving government employees free items in exchange for info on Trump and the investigation.

My issue with Assange stems from what he says and what actually happens. He claims he is exposing government corruption yet he buries those illegal acts under hundreds of thousand of documents that show absolutely no illegal acts. To me the "exposing corruption" is a pretext to try and hide his illegal acts under the guise of some kind of folk hero.

Ecuador booted Assange because Assange continued to perform actions he was forbidden from doing. Contrary to popular belief, and if people actually read the requirements for the international treaties on consular affairs an Embassy has specified parameters they are required to operate in. Going outside of those parameters can directly impact the status of the embassy and diplomatic relations.

There is a difference between a nation using its own embassy for acts that would violate the accepted use of an embassy and a Australian national using a foreign embassy to continue his acts. Granted he was granted Ecuadorian citizenship, which makes the requirements that were laid out for Assange even more important to follow.

He threatened Ecuador and is vowing to take his case to another UN tribunal. These UN tribunals have absolutely no jurisdiction or enforceable mandates/verdicts/what have you.

/steps down from soapbox

edit on 11-4-2019 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2019 @ 01:03 PM
link   
He will have to serve at least half of his sentence in the UK before any extradition will take place.

posted on Apr, 11 2019 @ 01:07 PM
link   
A 7 page indictment was filed under seal back in 2018 and opened today, charging Assange. Assange lawyers are going to argue in UK courts, fighting extradition, based on the fact he is a "foreign journalist" who is being charged in a foreign country for printing information that was true.

As has been stated time and again if a "journalist" takes an active role in obtaining info that would violate the law if possessed and released then he does not have protections from the 1st amendment (which he doesnt have protection of since hes not in the US.

I think we will see Manning charged as well for violating his plea deal.
edit on 11-4-2019 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2019 @ 01:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

The indictment has been unsealed.
Read about the charges and maximum sentence here at DOJ
Then there is this:

They later confirmed he was also placed under arrest "on behalf" of U.S. law enforcement authorities, who had filed a formal extradition request. The Department of Justice unveiled its long-secret indictment against Assange later on Thursday, which shows he's facing at least one computer hacking charge.

CBS News
edit on b000000302019-04-11T13:12:05-05:0001America/ChicagoThu, 11 Apr 2019 13:12:05 -0500100000019 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2019 @ 01:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

I think the document dumps were meant for those reading them to find dirty stuff and sift through the irrelevant info also contained within. Wikileaks isn’t a law firm with the time and money to go through it all highlighting the juicey stuff to make a case with. Though I wish that could be done.

I’m glad you put “steps down from soapbox” rather than the cringeworthy “drops mic and walks away” that I keep seeing from others lately.

posted on Apr, 11 2019 @ 05:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: lakenheath24
a reply to: Zaphod58
Hmmm circling to burn fuel...or circling waiting permission to land?

fNone of the large cabin Gulfstreams can dump fuel so poor fuel planning could have required a burn. BRU to LHR is only about a 30 miinute flight in good weather in the G5/G550.

posted on Apr, 12 2019 @ 05:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: F4guy

originally posted by: lakenheath24
a reply to: Zaphod58
Hmmm circling to burn fuel...or circling waiting permission to land?

fNone of the large cabin Gulfstreams can dump fuel so poor fuel planning could have required a burn. BRU to LHR is only about a 30 miinute flight in good weather in the G5/G550.

Man, that is fast! It takes about 50 minutes to get to Birmingham and Manchester from Jersey on a commercial passenger jet, about 40 with a tail wind.

Big thanks for all the comments everyone, it's all very interesting this Assange stuff 👍

top topics

<< 1   >>

join