It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A person I know

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2019 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Hey ATS. I'd love some advice on this. Somebody I know has gone far too deep down the rabbit hole. I'll keep it brief...

So, I visited this individual last night and they're usually very easy to chat to. We would stay up for hours many years back and discuss everything from aliens to philosophy.

But my gosh! I'm not trying to dramatise this but they no longer believe in any form of science, fact or anything. I'm talking any little thing from units of measurement to gravity to the entirety of anything. Even the prospect of anything being what it is, even the people they know...

Secondly, they believe that anything that happens is fake and I mean anything.

Finally, they will no longer discuss anything because they believe that anything I say is just wrong because "nobody" knows anything. I attempted to explain how the moon rotates in relation to the earth with a very easy thought experiment and their response was that I can't prove it so it doesn't happen.

To top it all off, contradictory everything above, they get 100% of their information from history channel "documentaries". They literally take anything on there as 100% gospel. Sasquatch that live in pyramids and anything else you can imagine.

I cannot stress enough how odd their views have become.

It had saddened me to see somebody fall into such a depressing pit of nothingness. I understand the need for special information to make us feel unique as though we know more than others, but this person now has nothing.

Any thoughts?

edit on 30-3-2019 by RighteousTwiglett because: (no reason given)

edit on 30-3-2019 by RighteousTwiglett because: Added more detail

posted on Mar, 30 2019 @ 02:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: RighteousTwiglett
Any thoughts?

I would change the name of my cell phone to 'The NSA is listening to your calls', wait outside his home until he goes to sync his computer to the wi-fi and watch the fun.

posted on Mar, 30 2019 @ 02:29 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Haha, great idea. But in all seriousness, I've never witnessed somebody lose any and all of their ability to trust anybody and to rationally look at anything. There came a point in our conversation where I actually felt embarrassed by them.

posted on Mar, 30 2019 @ 02:30 PM
link   
a reply to: RighteousTwiglett

Any thoughts? 

Talk about something else?

Why do you feel the need to impose your beliefs upon theirs?

posted on Mar, 30 2019 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Buy one of these:

www.thinkgeek.com... kx408EdhZBJ5iC6hA0-STLMQRoC0qUQAvD_BwE&itm=287610571662_product_type_toys_%26_games_product_type_other_geeky_toys&matchtype=&mrkgadid=3189408286&mrkgc l=507&network=g&rkgid=3189408286&source=google_pla

Set it up in his house where he (or she) can't find it.

I used it on several co workers and my family. It makes people believe that things are happening that are not. My wife almost fled to her mothers house it was so convincing.

posted on Mar, 30 2019 @ 02:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Fools

That's just evil...

posted on Mar, 30 2019 @ 02:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Wide-Eyes

Sorry, I may have been unclear in my OP.

We were originally discussing a TV show and they went onto conspiracies, I found the subject fascinating but as soon as I spoke (literally the words "Oh yeah I") they spat aloud with "I know you're going to say I'm crazy, everybody does but I know what's happening." I didn't question a thing and that hostility almost took over their being as though something inside had snapped.

From there it was unfounded anger to the point that I just left.

posted on Mar, 30 2019 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Sorry, I may have been unclear in my OP.

We were originally discussing a TV show and they went onto conspiracies, I found the subject fascinating but as soon as I spoke (literally the words "Oh yeah I") they spat aloud with "I know you're going to say I'm crazy, everybody does but I know what's happening." I didn't question a thing and that hostility almost took over their being as though something inside had snapped.

From there it was unfounded anger to the point that I just left.

Is your friend's name Eddie Bravo?

posted on Mar, 30 2019 @ 02:38 PM
link   

At least then shed be funny and crack me up every now and then. I assume they're mentally ill in some way and as much as I used to care for them, they were a total dick all night so I'm done with them.

posted on Mar, 30 2019 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Were they high?

posted on Mar, 30 2019 @ 02:41 PM
link   

They don't do drugs as far as I am aware but I can't say 100% no. I think there's something amiss mentally.

posted on Mar, 30 2019 @ 02:46 PM
link   

If you want to help, learn about quantum mechanics and holographic Universe theories.. then tell him of the psychological experiments like double slit, the power of consciousness shown in placebo/nocebo experiments, the fact our brains are growing and evolving our heads are getting bigger to encompass our evolving brain. In the future we will be able to self dose our brains with dee m T at will and traverse the multiverse .... Or maybe it should be called innerverse!
At some point in our evolution we only had the reptilian brain in our heads... Think about that!

posted on Mar, 30 2019 @ 02:47 PM
link   
a reply to: ManyMasks

Case closed.

posted on Mar, 30 2019 @ 02:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wide-Eyes

Were they high?

We should investigate all the marijuana in the persons area. Create a 50 mile wide radius and collect all available weed. Then, we will see if we can replicate the results. We’ll need a control, so bring some of your own that you know the effects of. Also, variables such as papers, cones, bongs and pipes should all be used to test effect and outcome. We’ll need a scribe to document all this as well, cause we’re gonna head down a rabbit hole so deep we won’t know reality if it was slapping us in the face.
edit on 30-3-2019 by Assassin82 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2019 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Any thoughts?

Sounds like ATS.

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Any thoughts?

I would change the name of my cell phone to 'The NSA is listening to your calls', wait outside his home until he goes to sync his computer to the wi-fi and watch the fun.

My Wi-Fi is named "FBI Surveillance Van" My grandson is the only one who has caught it so far.
edit on 3/30/2019 by schuyler because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2019 @ 02:55 PM
link   

If you live enough and read and watch enough on the media you will eventually reach to the point that you start to loose faith on almost anything people say,specially things you see on TV...This is almost an international epidemic which involves a lot of people all around the world.Nothing in this world is absolute,there is no truth and one can not trust anybody one hundred percent.Everything depends on your prespectives and agendas.Something good here might completely be evil elsewhere or vice versa,so i am not too surprise to see people getting numb here and there.

posted on Mar, 30 2019 @ 03:24 PM
link   
I had a friend like that.

I picked a conversation where I knew he would sound like a stark raving lunatic and recorded it .

When I played it back. It didn’t cure him but it sure made him think about what he said before he started running his pie hole .
edit on 30-3-2019 by Fallingdown because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2019 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Ive seen this before with a gentleman.
He would go on for hours with verbal diarrhea. Claiming the world was out to get everyone and if you ever disagreed, well suddenly you would be one of "them"
Mental Illness can come on anytime and show itself in many ways.

posted on Mar, 30 2019 @ 03:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wide-Eyes
a reply to: Fools

That's just evil...

and awesome. at work we had a coworker convinced for 3 days that there was a kitten stuck in the vents. He even broke into the vent system and tried to lure the kitty with catfood he purchased.

with my wife it was a voice that said "can you hear me now" in a deep rhaspy male voice. She was convinced someone was in our attic or maybe it was the ghost I do experience upping its game. She had goosebumps all over her.

That toy is good stuff.

posted on Mar, 30 2019 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Did you ask them why the sudden change in their perspective? Did you tell them you are seriously concerned about them and talk about how their outlook has effected their life?

Not a pro, but it sounds like they are headed toward some sort of psychotic breakdown.

Did you ask if they are seeking professional help? Would be my first thought. Good luck.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join