It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump cuts all direct assistance to Honduras, El Salvador, Guatemala

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+44 more 
posted on Mar, 30 2019 @ 05:16 AM
link   
Very well done President Trump. Why should we give money to the main source of illegals.

Trump hinted at the cuts earlier on Friday, telling reporters,”I’ve ended payments to Guatemala, to Honduras, and to El Salvador. No money goes there anymore.”

abcnews.go.com...

+23 more 
posted on Mar, 30 2019 @ 05:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Trueman

I saw his speech where he said, "No more money to them" ! I do not blame him one bit.. Like baking cookies for someone who breaks into your house to steal your stuff.. Only an idiot would keep giving money to someone who stabs you in the back.

+14 more 
posted on Mar, 30 2019 @ 06:12 AM
link   
I'm all for this move, as i doubt any of the $ reach those it is indended to help.

I doubt, however, that it will have any effect on illegal migration. The leaders of those countries aren't going to stop ppl from leaving.

Mexico is the country that needs to be persuaded.

+1 more 
posted on Mar, 30 2019 @ 06:19 AM
link   

Very well done President Trump. Why should we give money to the main source of illegals.

Because cutting aid money will make their countries better and stem the flow of migrants looking for a better life....brilliant plan.

+21 more 
posted on Mar, 30 2019 @ 06:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Trueman

Trump hinted at the cuts earlier on Friday, telling reporters,”I’ve ended payments to Guatemala, to Honduras, and to El Salvador. No money goes there anymore.”

abcnews.go.com...

Winning.

The Trump train never stops.

If the people from these countries are seeking asylum obviously our money is not being spent wisely. Time to cut it off.
edit on 3/30/19 by Ksihkehe because: (no reason given)

edit on 3/30/19 by Ksihkehe because: Quote refuses to be corrected, not sure what is up.

+16 more 
posted on Mar, 30 2019 @ 06:24 AM
link   
Finally a leader with common sense.

+17 more 
posted on Mar, 30 2019 @ 06:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

Because cutting aid money will make their countries better and stem the flow of migrants looking for a better life....brilliant plan.

Because now we need to spend that money on those citizens of those country's HERE. DUH!

Gortex you are smarter than that post. Sorry guy, but you can not believe that giving money to country's who obviously wasted it and their peoples patience is good. This is not hard to see.
edit on 30-3-2019 by Justoneman because: (no reason given)

+9 more 
posted on Mar, 30 2019 @ 06:38 AM
link   
It is just common sense.

I think the US has to get tough on Mexico.

They are the ones paid my someone to look the other way.

Why even treat them like a country. What they are is a bunch of Drug Lords basically running the country.

Cut them off for a while ... but then ... the Drug Lords would not care.

P

+12 more 
posted on Mar, 30 2019 @ 06:42 AM
link   

No. Because that money needs to be invested in our people here, not in other countries. That's all.

posted on Mar, 30 2019 @ 06:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: pheonix358
It is just common sense.

I think the US has to get tough on Mexico.

They are the ones paid my someone to look the other way.

Why even treat them like a country. What they are is a bunch of Drug Lords basically running the country.

Cut them off for a while ... but then ... the Drug Lords would not care.

P

With the rape, murder and desecration of many, sometimes entire villages in Mexico, there is a war there. The coc aine, heroin and fentanyl coming from the drug lords need to be stopped. Besides with the murder of the Mexican and local gov officials who try to stop it, they are getting stronger. We may need to declare war on the Drug lords and the gov of Mexico if they don't want this to stop. We don't look the other way for violent mafia/drug lords in the US and neither should Mexico.
edit on 30-3-2019 by Justoneman because: coc aine is not a separate word when I edit wth?

posted on Mar, 30 2019 @ 06:50 AM
link   

So the worlds largest economy can't afford to give a few crumbs from the table and spend money on their own , seems the problem lies with your own government not the world's poorest nations.

The black budget is an account expenses and spending related to military research and covert operations. The black budget is mostly classified due to security reasons. The black budget can be complicated to calculate, but in the United States it has been estimated to be over US$50 billion a year
en.wikipedia.org...

+1 more 
posted on Mar, 30 2019 @ 06:53 AM
link   
From what I understand the people fleeing these countries are doing so because they are escaping violence and persecution. Why have we been sending money to violent governments or governments that allow violence to occur in the first place.

posted on Mar, 30 2019 @ 06:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: DanDanDat
From what I understand the people fleeing these countries are doing so because they are escaping violence and persecution. Why have we been sending money to violent governments or governments that allow violence to occur in the first place.

Not sure if you are being sarcastic, but the only reasons most come here are to escape economic hardship. The rest is liberal talking points.

+15 more 
posted on Mar, 30 2019 @ 06:58 AM
link   

So the worlds largest economy can't afford to give a few crumbs from the table and spend money on their own , seems the problem lies with your own government not the world's poorest nations.

Crumbs ?....those are not crumbs for me. I respect the law and work about 12 hours a day here and every dollar counts for me.

Trump said the funds totaled $500 million, but it wasn’t clear Friday if that figure was accurate. The State Department announced in December that the U.S. would mobilize $5.8 billion in public and private american investment to these three countries.

You want to support those countries. Send your own money, not mine. Talk is cheap.
edit on 30-3-2019 by Trueman because: (no reason given)

+2 more 
posted on Mar, 30 2019 @ 07:01 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

Yiu realkt think that aid goes to the people? Bwahahaha. Think LiveAid. Ethilopia is still poor as hell.

posted on Mar, 30 2019 @ 07:07 AM
link   

You want to support those countries. Send your own money, not mine. Talk is cheap.

I do through my taxes and as I'm not obsessed by money I'm happy to do so , they are welcome to the few pounds it costs me every year.

In 2016, the UK spent £13.4 billion on overseas aid, in line with the 0.7% target.

Because the UK economy is set to get bigger over the next few years the real value of development aid spending is expected to increase.

By 2021 we could be spending about £14.5 billion, based on the Office for Budget Responsibility’s forecasts and in 2016 prices. That’s a bit uncertain though; the amount we actually end up spending will depend on how much the economy grows.
fullfact.org...

We all live on the same rock , it isn't the peoples fault they don't live in a land of milk and honey.

posted on Mar, 30 2019 @ 07:10 AM
link   

I do through my taxes and as I'm not obsessed by money I'm happy to do so , they are welcome to the few pounds it costs me every year.

In 2016, the UK spent £13.4 billion on overseas aid, in line with the 0.7% target.

Because the UK economy is set to get bigger over the next few years the real value of development aid spending is expected to increase.

By 2021 we could be spending about £14.5 billion, based on the Office for Budget Responsibility’s forecasts and in 2016 prices. That’s a bit uncertain though; the amount we actually end up spending will depend on how much the economy grows.
fullfact.org...

We all live on the same rock , it isn't the peoples fault they don't live in a land of milk and honey.

maybe it is not a fault at all
just the way life is
in many countries around the world

+18 more 
posted on Mar, 30 2019 @ 07:11 AM
link   

So using your logic, sending them MORE money would eliminate illegals.

Sounds like extortion to me.

+10 more 
posted on Mar, 30 2019 @ 07:12 AM
link   

Look man, I know you just want to help poor people in other countries but we can't afford that right now. There is a lot of poor people right here that needs to be attended first, like those homeless veterans.

posted on Mar, 30 2019 @ 07:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Trueman

Look man, I know you just want to help poor people in other countries but we can't afford that right now. There is a lot of poor people right here that needs to be attended first, like those homeless veterans.

Just out of curiosity, why do you single out veterans, when you make that statement? Are they, somehow, more deserving than any other homeless person?

I agree that we have more problems, than money, and we certainly don't need to import more. Just trying to assess why you put that qualifier in there.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join