It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Flatulence in the workplace is not a form of bullying, Australian appeals court rules

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2019 @ 12:32 PM
link   

An Australian appeals court on Friday ruled that repeated flatulence targeted at another individual wasn’t a form of bullying or assault.

The ruling by the Victoria state Court of Appeal came after David Hingst, a 56-year-old engineer, brought a case against his former supervisor for constantly farting toward him, demanding $1.3 million in damages from his former employer in Melbourne, Construction Engineering.

Flatulence in the workplace is not a form of bullying, Australian appeals court rules

Something stinks about this article. After a heavy night of boozing and a good curry, I can personally say that farts CAN be considered assault.

Perhaps this deserves a grant to get a PEW research project started?

My peeps once bought me one of those fart cushions which is a pad with charcoal in it.

Anyway, lets hope the Supreme Court decision will clear the air of what seems to be a sticky situation.

posted on Mar, 29 2019 @ 12:44 PM
link   
a reply to: lakenheath24

Is it assault if you fart on someone’s leg?

posted on Mar, 29 2019 @ 12:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Woodcarver

Only if it leaves physical evidence.

posted on Mar, 29 2019 @ 12:50 PM
link   
I worked for an Aussie company for 6 years and they were pretty proud of their stinking abilities. Their engineering was questionable but!

posted on Mar, 29 2019 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Once when I was young, I pulled a cheap beer, and eggs Dutch oven on this chick i was sleeping with.

Looking back, I would say it was definitely assault, but damn it was funny.

Good times......

posted on Mar, 29 2019 @ 01:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Mach2

May the Lord have mercy on your soul.

posted on Mar, 29 2019 @ 01:26 PM
link   
And with that ruling, they nullify my only effective bullying weapon.

:
edit on 2019 3 29 by incoserv because: I could.

posted on Mar, 29 2019 @ 01:48 PM
link   
If the guy repeatedly entered the engineer's office just to foul the air--that is neither bullying nor assault.

But it is harassment and it is creation of a hostile work environment.

This engineer's attorneys are idiots.

They're pursuing the wrong claims.

posted on Mar, 29 2019 @ 02:11 PM
link   
When I was in the USAF stationed at Little Rock, Ar we had a tech sergeant that would come into the break room and stand in front of a large fan that blew across the sofa and let go putrid farts that would immediately clear the room. Basically, he was saying, get to work.

posted on Mar, 29 2019 @ 02:18 PM
link   
I wonder what they'd say if it was a man of mass like DB or Chris Farley, whose flatulence had enough force to physically manhandle anyone caught in the vortex, potentially slamming them into the nearest wall, fence, or mountainside?

posted on Mar, 29 2019 @ 02:38 PM
link   
a reply to: CharlesT

I have a leaving plaque from Whiteman AFB...My nickname was "The Spleen". My now wife refuses to let it out of the closet.

It's embarrassing now, but we were sitting along the net seats of a C-130 getting ready to take off. It was hot so they opened the troop door and the rear door to get some flow. I proceeded to launch a toxic cloud that buzzards couldn't stomach. My ribs hurt for weeks watching peeps sprint of the back of the plane.

I would put AF peeps up against anyone for sheer gastronomical grotesqueness.

posted on Mar, 29 2019 @ 02:41 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Wow, that would be mental AND physical assault!

posted on Mar, 29 2019 @ 04:07 PM
link   
a reply to: lakenheath24

Wasn't that an x-men?

posted on Mar, 29 2019 @ 04:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Justso

Lmao.....Mystery Men.

posted on Mar, 29 2019 @ 04:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6
I wonder what they'd say if it was a man of mass like DB or Chris Farley, whose flatulence had enough force to physically manhandle anyone caught in the vortex, potentially slamming them into the nearest wall, fence, or mountainside?

"Those with great bowels, hold great responsibility."
-Abraham Lincoln

posted on Mar, 29 2019 @ 06:10 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

I thought that was Kraft Heinz?

top topics

join