It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lara Logan, formerly of CBS, sounds off on media's treatment of Trump, other liberal bias

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2019 @ 11:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: gortex
a reply to: Artemis12

I would rather a President of the World be up front than secretive like all the other presidents after JFK were.

That remains to be seen.

Trump has led in his position as 'one of us'.

But he isn't one of you , he's a billionaire property developer who has never experienced what regular people experience , he is very much part of the elite born with a silver spoon in his mouth.

He's an American, with an American agenda, instead of a Globalist agenda. Good enough for me, gorty.
edit on 23-3-2019 by Wardaddy454 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2019 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Sister.. I'm not here to attack your belief system. I'm just trying to show the bias of the left.

Thank you.

Consider that maybe, just maybe, Lara Logan is auditioning for a position with Fox News; if she hasn't already gotten one.

Both the Left and the Right are parts of the political institution. Institutions seek to survive as institutions. Trump is seen by many on the Right as a threat to democracy, free press, ...well lots of traditional Establishment norms and ideals.

I watch MSNBC. There are many Right voices to be heard there; former Republican White House Aides, "Republican Strategists", Right Wing Radio Talk Show Hosts, and .etc. They do not want Trump to be normalized any more than the Left does.

His policies do not lend themselves to national sustainability. My flat mate looked up where the military funding is coming out of for his border wall project. He claims that he has "rebuilt the military" while taking away actual needed Navy, Army, and Air Force Base infrastructure improvements.

He talks about stopping immigration, taking babies and children from parents at the border as "a deterrent"; yet according to U.S. law, as soon as a U.S. citizen adopts one of these children, that child becomes a U.S. citizen.

posted on Mar, 23 2019 @ 12:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Artemis12
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

I don't like taking the lords name in vain, but ok.

Hmm, yet you could not "turn the other cheek" either....

I'm not bashing your belief system, I'm bashing your failure to live up to ideals you profess, that is known as hypocrisy.

this is what is wrong with the entire world today, quit looking at splinters when you own eyes have logs.

"yes I did wrong but he is wronger"

When the national news agencies started telling the public WHAT to think they lost all credibility.

"we report, you decided" became we decide what you think.

posted on Mar, 23 2019 @ 12:00 PM
link   
To me, it seems that Lara Logan hints at something 'more' going on with the Left media. Something that goes way beyond the usual liberal bias....

I think she is hinting that some of these people and outlets are scared %less that the truth about THEM will be revealed.

The level of vitriol coming from some of these people is beyond typical political bias. Take for example, John Bennan....

If that man aint projecting his crimes onto Trump I'll eat my hat.....

posted on Mar, 23 2019 @ 12:01 PM
link   
a reply to: thedigirati

That's what it's boiled down to, a national dick measuring contest. 'Neener-neener, my guy did something bad but yours did something just a little bit worser'.

posted on Mar, 23 2019 @ 12:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: Artemis12
His speeches, prove nothing. I disagree sorry. I see the left doing worse, explain the left to me and their bias i'd love to know why you think what they do is different from what Trump does?

Read his President and the Press speech where he calls on the press to be more secretive about what they report on the government's plans.

Kennedy was just as shady as everyone else, the fact that he gets lionized is only becasue he got assassinated.

Relevant portion of that speech.

I want to talk about our common responsibilities in the face of a common danger. The events of recent weeks may have helped to illuminate that challenge for some; but the dimensions of its threat have loomed large on the horizon for many years. Whatever our hopes may be for the future--for reducing this threat or living with it--there is no escaping either the gravity or the totality of its challenge to our survival and to our security

--a challenge that confronts us in unaccustomed ways in every sphere of human activity.

This deadly challenge imposes upon our society two requirements of direct concern both to the press and to the President--two requirements that may seem almost contradictory in tone, but which must be reconciled and fulfilled if we are to meet this national peril. I refer, first, to the need for a far greater public information; and, second, to the need for far greater official secrecy.

The very word "secrecy" is repugnant in a free and open society; and we are as a people inherently and historically opposed to secret societies, to secret oaths and to secret proceedings. We decided long ago that the dangers of excessive and unwarranted concealment of pertinent facts far outweighed the dangers which are cited to justify it. Even today, there is little value in opposing the threat of a closed society by imitating its arbitrary restrictions. Even today, there is little value in insuring the survival of our nation if our traditions do not survive with it. And there is very grave danger that an announced need for increased security will be seized upon by those anxious to expand its meaning to the very limits of official censorship and concealment. That I do not intend to permit to the extent that it is in my control. And no official of my Administration, whether his rank is high or low, civilian or military, should interpret my words here tonight as an excuse to censor the news, to stifle dissent, to cover up our mistakes or to withhold from the press and the public the facts they deserve to know.

But I do ask every publisher, every editor, and every newsman in the nation to reexamine his own standards, and to recognize the nature of our country's peril. In time of war, the government and the press have customarily joined in an effort based largely on self-discipline, to prevent unauthorized disclosures to the enemy. In time of "clear and present danger," the courts have held that even the privileged rights of the First Amendment must yield to the public's need for national security.

posted on Mar, 23 2019 @ 12:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Wardaddy454

The last paragraph in the doozy. Kennedy: "Shhhhhh, don't report this. Now hold my beer.'

posted on Mar, 23 2019 @ 12:04 PM
link   
a reply to: pthena

You are not as smooth as you think by saying there are many right voices on MSNBC. There are many Left voices on FOX too and there will be many more coming in the near future!

What you seem to be describing are "statists"! You know, the ones who come hell or high water won't lift a finger to change the false left/right paradigm that THEY depend on us to believe in?

Nice job using "children" as an emotional tool to get your invalid point across too. Children are awesome until it comes to abortion. Right????

posted on Mar, 23 2019 @ 12:05 PM
link   

The last paragraph in the doozy. Kennedy: "Shhhhhh, don't report this. Now hold my beer.'

Who knows, maybe its referencing things like what happened later with Geraldo Rivera in Iraq, drawing lines in the sand giving away their position..
edit on 23-3-2019 by Wardaddy454 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2019 @ 12:08 PM
link   

No, he was quite butt hurt about how the Bay of Pigs went down and gave a series of speeches, in where this particular speech was just one with a similar theme, about how the press hampered the operation.

What Geraldo did was stupid but Kennedy was being very specific about the discussion of American strategy vis a vis the Soviet Union.

posted on Mar, 23 2019 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Can you say in all honesty, that there's anyone Not living in Hypocrasy, even You yourself? Unless you too are a hypocrate judging others on their hypocracy.

edit on 23-3-2019 by Artemis12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2019 @ 12:21 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

By not lying about everything with fake news and twisting opinions as facts and simply letting people know what is going on so they can make up their own mind. I have never witnessed a non stop stream of lies coming from US "news" before. Normally their bias is much more subtle.

posted on Mar, 23 2019 @ 12:29 PM
link   
a reply to: pthena

I am neither a Democrat or Republican. Growing up I was a Democrat, now I find them both terrible. If you think MSNBC has anyone from the right on their shows you are delusional. At work there are a lot of patients who liked to watch MSNBC and I have never once seen anyone on any of their shows that is not more a lefty than I ever was growing up in deep blue MA. You sound like my dad actually. He told me the same thing. I remember him telling me some show called Morning Joe had a guy that was hardcore Republican. I ended up seeing a show with this guy who was a crazy liberal ranting and raving against everything Republicans stand for ... turned out to be Joe. I had seen the show before, but never knew the name of the guys doing it. If that is what you think a Republican is you are clueless, he's not.

posted on Mar, 23 2019 @ 12:44 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

I would never have taken you for a jesus believer, what are you saying exactly?

posted on Mar, 23 2019 @ 12:46 PM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

You are not as smooth as you think

This isn't the mudpit. At least not yet.

There are many Left voices on FOX too and there will be many more coming in the near future!

So I've heard, Donna Brazile? I'm not sure but I think MSNBC has a policy that people who work for political campaigns and/or competitor networks can't be labelled "MSNBC Contributors", so I'll expect to not see her labelled as such if she appears on MSNBC. Wow! I just looked up Chris Wallace(I like his style), Wikipedia has him listed as Democrat!
I didn't know.

What you seem to be describing are "statists"!

I know that people use that word pejoratively. Statist to me just means Establishment. Maybe I don't understand it yet. "Yes, give me a good helping of status quo, would you." Kind of conservative as apposed to progressive. This topic can turn downright confusing at times.

Nice job using "children" as an emotional tool to get your invalid point across too. Children are awesome until it comes to abortion. Right????

Just trying to state the facts. I like children; I used to be one ( not in the plural obviously, child is what I mean ).

Abortion? Talk about an emotional tool!!! But that's in your hand, not mine. (starting to look a bit muddy here.)

posted on Mar, 23 2019 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Well, I don't know about the OP, but I DO know one thing...

Lara Logan is...SMOKIN' HOT!!

edit on 3/23/2019 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2019 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Unless you too are a hypocrate judging others on their hypocracy.

Love that comeback

We should start a 12 step program Hypocrites Anonymous

"Hello, my name is Bob, and I'm a hypocrite."

"Uh, Bob? You just told us your name. How is that anonymous?"

"Who said it was my real name?"

posted on Mar, 23 2019 @ 01:03 PM
link   

That's what it's boiled down to, a national dick measuring contest. 'Neener-neener, my guy did something bad but yours did something just a little bit worser'.

Maybe you are right.

But thats not me.

I want the corruption from the intel agencies to be investigated.

I dont care to brag or anything like that. I have even cautioned people celebrating this report before they read it.

And I think a lot of people are tired of this witchhunt and this corruption and want it investigated.
edit on 23-3-2019 by Grambler because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2019 @ 01:08 PM
link   

a reply to: Grambler

The "press" has two sides , neither side cover themselves in glory.

On a 95% to 5% split though...

posted on Mar, 23 2019 @ 01:10 PM
link   

"He's not allowed to be normalized as a president"

How do you normalise the abnormal ?
Trump's biggest problem is Trump and his propensity to be childish while holding the highest office , straying from the truth and twitter rants just make him look silly.

I rather deal with Trump's "twitter rants" than a corrupted globalist liberal far left...….

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join