It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lara Logan, formerly of CBS, sounds off on media's treatment of Trump, other liberal bias

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+11 more 
posted on Mar, 23 2019 @ 09:54 AM
link   
I think it's telling this is starting to happen, a chain reaction to all the bullsnip.

Former CBS News journalist Lara Logan says the mainstream media is not allowing President Trump to be “normalized” as the nation's leader and accused CNN, among others, of passing off opinions as fact in a Fox News interview set to air Sunday. “I've never seen the press corps behave the way they do today," Logan told host Mark Levin on “Life, Liberty & Levin. "So, it stands out to me because it's a departure from what I've seen throughout the last three decades. There is something actually much more significant about what you're seeing happen with the White House press corps.”

"He's not allowed to be normalized as a president. So whatever changes he makes have to be resisted by the Resistance."

That's a pretty prevalent statement especially from someone that previously worked for CBS News. What It looks like is that the overflow of liberal bias is beginning to show, that's apparent.
L ara Logan CBS Journalist speaks out

“It's no secret that the vast majority of academic institutions in this country are liberal,” former CBS News correspondent Lara Logan said in an interview with Fox News that will air Sunday. (Tommaso Boddi/WireImage)

Lara Logan talks news stories ignored by the media

edit on 23-3-2019 by Artemis12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2019 @ 10:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Artemis12

"He's not allowed to be normalized as a president"

How do you normalise the abnormal ?

Trump's biggest problem is Trump and his propensity to be childish while holding the highest office , straying from the truth and twitter rants just make him look silly.

+20 more 
posted on Mar, 23 2019 @ 10:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

Trump's biggest problem is Trump and his propensity to be childish while holding the highest office , straying from the truth and twitter rants just make him look silly.

And?

Does that justify the press acting as if it’s tjeir job to take him down?

+18 more 
posted on Mar, 23 2019 @ 10:24 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

I would rather a President of the World be up front than secretive like all the other presidents after JFK were. Obama never told us what was going on, Trump has led in his position as 'one of us'. He communicates everything every single day. I find that very significant.

posted on Mar, 23 2019 @ 10:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

And?

He's the President of the United States , ranting on social media and constantly telling lies or factual inaccuracies demean both the position and his tenure in that position.

Does that justify the press acting as if it’s tjeir job to take him down?

If he keeps feeding them they'll keep coming back for more.

posted on Mar, 23 2019 @ 10:38 AM
link   

In all due respect gortex, the left has done the same, so perhaps he's just bending down to level the field? People don't seem to understand "reason" these days, so maybe The President of the United States is speaking on a level they'll understand.

posted on Mar, 23 2019 @ 10:40 AM
link   

I would rather a President of the World be up front than secretive like all the other presidents after JFK were.

That remains to be seen.

Trump has led in his position as 'one of us'.

But he isn't one of you , he's a billionaire property developer who has never experienced what regular people experience , he is very much part of the elite born with a silver spoon in his mouth.

posted on Mar, 23 2019 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Most of the MSM articles bashing Trump quote unnamed sources or opinions. The statement that the sources are not substantuated or that the whole news article is an opinion is usually buried way down in the article somewhere and made to look like the opinion is a fact. Most people read the first few paragraphs and have set their opinion, so they just think the disclosure is required but do not understand that most times the disclosure says the whole article may not be true.

This tactic of disclosure makes the article legal, but it is still immoral because it is leading people away from the truth very often. I expect this kind of stuff at a conspiracy site, or in the national enquirer, but do not want to see it happening in any MSM news, including fox.

Deception is running this country and lots of people do not believe they are being BSed. Trump says what he thinks, although his beliefs are not what I believe of as appropriate, I am glad he is saying what he really believes is correct. MSM knows the stuff they are spewing is crap, hence the hiding of the disclosure that actually shows it may not be real, just someone's opinion. Politics is not the only thing that MSM is twisting, they get money and favors from organizations too. Democrats spend more campaigning, so Democrats get way more favorable news on their side. Also, Liberals are not as able to see deception, conservative people look more for it. Conservatives want to see evidence that a change will work. What Trump was campaigning for was to boost our factories here in America to create more jobs, our emission standards are better than China's too, pollution floats all around the earth, we must pay extra to stop pollution, building factories here to make things to last and making them with less environmental impact than is happening in other countries. This does not require joining the EU scam green climate change group, we can do it ourselves.

I am sick of this climate change crap in the news, just fix the problem, don't throw money at it. MSM is trying to instill fear in people. Yes it is important to lower our footprint on the environment, by going back to smaller farms and bringing stores back into communities so you do not have to jump in the car to go get a loaf of bread. We should go back to more cement roads, Paved roads emit way more carbon into the environment, cement is basically rock, it lasts longer too.

I think we need to adjust the law so that MSM is required to clearly state in the first two sentences that the information is an opinion or is unsubstantiated. Just because a professor in law can be found that says something is not right, does not mean his opinion is correct. Everyone has different opinions. I see a wrong in the bashing of our president, and I am against it even though I really do not care much for personalities like Trump. I also do not like personalities like Pelosi and Warren and AOC. Sure, they have a little truth in what they are doing, but the truth is buried in deception and twisted reality. There are a lot of decent congressmen on both sides in our government but they are too polarized, with the Democrats leading the way in the wrong direction at this time, They have gone to liberal and are acting delusional, polarized, and irrational. MSM is fueling this delusion, they also cannot comprehend that the disclaimer negates the article's reality. Deception is normal now in America. Democrats in Florida want convicted felons to vote, they will do anything to increase the votes. There are a lot of people who actually got worse in prison, they will want to be rewarded for voting Democrat in the election. Lots of people do get reformed in prison though, but all of the prisoners that can now vote will probably vote democrat.
edit on 23-3-2019 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

+12 more 
posted on Mar, 23 2019 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Trumps mean tweets are not justification for our “press” no longer being journalists and instead being members of the resistance

posted on Mar, 23 2019 @ 10:43 AM
link   

There is no such thing a honest and non biased reporting anymore. It has become a form of confirmation biased reinforcement and brainwashing. Welcome to the Ministry of Truth!

People who claim to be anti establishment are the ones who seem to fall for every lie they are told and immediately call it TRUTH.

Look at the BBC's Panorama getting busted trying to make up stories of Tommy Robinson. Tell me, if someone is so terrible as the British Crown tries to make him out to be, why would they have to make stuff up?

Then we have ole 2 faced Jim Jefferies, the sell out establishment comedian. He was just busted by Avi Yemini for setting him up for a fake hit piece, but Avi set him up. Watch Jim Jefferies pretend to love Islam on television but in private draws pictures of the prophet and makes statements such as, "If a dog ate Muslim babies it would throw up."! He is a fake and phoney just like the rest of the media puppets. Remember Charlie Hebo Jimmy???

1984 was a how to manuel.

Notice how Jefferies used the interview with Avi that happened BEFORE the NZ incident to use it as if it was done after?

Fake news!

]]]

link   

originally posted by: Grambler

Trumps mean tweets are not justification for our “press” no longer being journalists and instead being members of the resistance

Two wrongs do not make a right. Unless of course you are a liberal.

link   

The "press" has two sides , neither side cover themselves in glory.

posted on Mar, 23 2019 @ 10:46 AM
link   

That's a bit judgemental of you isnt it? So you're not a Zillionaire or even a Hollywood BIllionaire like Kyle Jenner.

Are you saying that rich people have no love, no soul? That they can't determine right from wrong because they have more money than most? That would be kind racist against people that have more than you do?
edit on 23-3-2019 by Artemis12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2019 @ 10:46 AM
link   

The "press" has two sides , neither side cover themselves in glory.

Yes but over 90 of the “press” I’d just resistance to trump

Just like the entertainment industry, academia, and Silicon Valley

Trump being mean is not justification for the press being resistance

posted on Mar, 23 2019 @ 10:47 AM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

I'm glad you said that, because your response is exactly what i was attempting to provoke.

posted on Mar, 23 2019 @ 10:54 AM
link   

That's a bit judgemental of you isnt it?

It isn't judgmental is fact , it doesn't only apply to Trump.

Are you saying that rich people have no love, no soul? That they can't determine right from wrong because they have more money than most? That would be kind racist against people that have more than you do?

No , I'm not saying any of that I'm saying someone who has never had to go without or work for normal wages doesn't understand the lives of those who have.
Rich people aren't a race.

edit on 23-3-2019 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2019 @ 10:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Artemis12
I would rather a President of the World be up front than secretive like all the other presidents after JFK were.

Huh? Kennedy was just as secretive. The press carried his water for the entire administration and he actually asked them for more secrecy after the Bay of Pigs fiasco.

posted on Mar, 23 2019 @ 10:56 AM
link   

“It's no secret that the vast majority of academic institutions in this country are liberal,” former CBS News correspondent Lara Logan said in an interview with Fox News that will air Sunday. (Tommaso Boddi/WireImage)

I've often wondered about getting a second PhD and which course would be best suited in turning me into a liberal idiot, maybe journalism? Psychology with a side of feminist studies? I expect there are many choices.

Logan is right, treating trump as abnormal in a social sense makes all of his actions and policies abnormal by extension, even though in practical sense they are the correct policies and decisions. Just more liberal false reality to justify their rabid dysfunctional desires.

Cheers - Dave

posted on Mar, 23 2019 @ 10:57 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

The secret Government silenced him.

posted on Mar, 23 2019 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Or perhaps he isn’t acting childish and this is exactly what Lara is talking about.
If it wasn’t constantly being shoved down your throat how “childish” he is maybe people wouldn’t think he was childish?

People are very suggestive and if you hear something enough it because something of fact in your mind.

As for his tweets, not only has the press coverage of him made it necessary but I actually think it’s one of the most refreshing things about him.

You may not like or agree with him but something you can’t deny is that he seems to be trying to fulfill his campaign promises, name 1 other politician/political leader who has done the same?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join