It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lara Logan, formerly of CBS, sounds off on media's treatment of Trump, other liberal bias

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2019 @ 01:15 PM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

I thought I knew what a Republican was. I voted for plenty of them. Were they Dems in disguise?

I haven't voted Republican since GW Bush team went to Federal Courts to stop a State from following its election laws.

posted on Mar, 23 2019 @ 01:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Artemis12

That person has been through the grinder.
True journalists are a rare breed these days.
Unlike the talking head actors reading a script.

Maybe the Smith-Mundt act should be reinstated.
S&F

posted on Mar, 23 2019 @ 01:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus
a reply to: Wardaddy454

No, he was quite butt hurt about how the Bay of Pigs went down and gave a series of speeches, in where this particular speech was just one with a similar theme, about how the press hampered the operation.

What Geraldo did was stupid but Kennedy was being very specific about the discussion of American strategy vis a vis the Soviet Union.

Then you should have specified that instead of pointing to one particular speech that made it seem reasonable.

posted on Mar, 23 2019 @ 01:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: IkNOwSTuff

originally posted by: gortex

"He's not allowed to be normalized as a president"

How do you normalise the abnormal ?

Trump's biggest problem is Trump and his propensity to be childish while holding the highest office , straying from the truth and twitter rants just make him look silly.

Or perhaps he isn’t acting childish and this is exactly what Lara is talking about.
If it wasn’t constantly being shoved down your throat how “childish” he is maybe people wouldn’t think he was childish?

Exactly correct. Weak minds will repeat the main stream media nonsense. That is what they count on.

posted on Mar, 23 2019 @ 01:49 PM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

Jim Jefferies jokes about killing muslims, said he doesn’t like muslims and then drew a picture of muhammed.

All on camera

The left applaud him.

Pathetic

posted on Mar, 23 2019 @ 02:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Artemis12
I would never have taken you for a jesus believer, what are you saying exactly?

I'm not, I was commenting that since you said 'ok' to my reply that it was your acknowledgment that anyone who thinks I'm a leftist must be pretty damn far to the right.

posted on Mar, 23 2019 @ 02:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

I totally agree that any and all government corruption needs to be burned with fire.

posted on Mar, 23 2019 @ 02:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wardaddy454
Then you should have specified that instead of pointing to one particular speech that made it seem reasonable.

I used that one because it constantly gets taken out of context on this site and it has been used to show, for some odd reason, that he wanted less secrecy.

posted on Mar, 23 2019 @ 02:40 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

I don't think trump can help himself. He can lie, make things up, and rant on Twitter like he's not the POTUS..

I don't like CNN or MSNBC, but it's hard to have sympathy for trump and his supporters. They will defend anything he says or does.

So you got crazy far-left liberals controlling congress and the president of idiocracy running the country. Fantastic.

posted on Mar, 23 2019 @ 02:48 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

i think the msn just scroll through ats to get there sources there's so much happening and opinion on here who needs a journalist imo

posted on Mar, 23 2019 @ 02:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Breakthestreak

Yea cause he knows he could edit it out. He didn't know he was being filmed. He's a complete sell out.

posted on Mar, 23 2019 @ 03:14 PM
link   
a reply to: pthena

It's ok, plenty of people are wrong, not just you. Now please tell me who these MSNBC Republicans are and what their position is on the issues.

posted on Mar, 23 2019 @ 03:19 PM
link   
a reply to: blueman12

Trump is defended because basically every time he says something "crazy" that I have personally looked into it, he was dead on and it was simply liars making up lies about what he said. Example, Trump said fake news is the enemy of the people, all of a sudden "news" had him saying "the press" is the enemy of the people. Trump condemns violence on all sides, "news" reports he refuses to condemn white supremacist violence. Maybe if the media didn't lie non stop people would care more.

posted on Mar, 23 2019 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Now please tell me who these MSNBC Republicans are and what their position is on the issues.

Issues is rather broad. The topic is failure to normalize Trump.

Steve Schmidt (MSNBC Contributor, left to help Howard Schultz's campaign), Republican (1988–2018), Independent (2018–present). Senior campaign strategist and advisor to the 2008 presidential campaign of Senator John McCain.
June 2018, Schmidt renounced the Republican Party as "fully the party of Trump". - see Wikipedia

Charles Jay Sykes (born November 11, 1954) is an American political commentator who is currently editor-in-chief of the website The Bulwark.[1] From 1993 to 2016, Sykes hosted a conservative talk show on WTMJ in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. He was also the editor of Right Wisconsin - see Wikipedia.

Nicole Wallace former White House Communications director for GW Bush. Republican (before 2016) Independent (2016–present).

Not a complete list by any means. Lots of Former Republicans. Hmmm, maybe I'm a former Republican.

Maybe Trump should kick all non-Trump supporters out of the GOP, by tweet of course, that'll show 'em!!!
edit on 23-3-2019 by pthena because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2019 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Do these people realize that when they're on TV hating the President of the United States, they are hurting their country and look like traitorous fools, as well?

posted on Mar, 23 2019 @ 04:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

"He's not allowed to be normalized as a president"

How do you normalise the abnormal ?

Example:
Have the media deceptively suggest for the first 12 months either side of his election that Obama is indeed more awesome than Jesus......

posted on Mar, 24 2019 @ 08:20 AM
link   
a reply to: pthena

Sorry, issues is not broad. You claimed they had Republicans. Who at MSNBC is a Republican and what are they saying on air at MSNBC that is furthering Republican stances on an issue.

If what you are claiming is that there are people that identify as a Republican, but MSNBC only allows them to further progressive liberal viewpoints then that proves my point, thanks.

posted on Mar, 24 2019 @ 10:43 AM
link   

as a Republican, but MSNBC only allows them to further progressive liberal viewpoints then that proves my point, thanks.

Okay. You've got me. MSNBC Normalizes Liberal viewpoints IMHO(In my honest opinion).

It seems to me that Republicans and Conservatives are brought in to emphasize that an imperial Trump Presidency does not fit with Republican stance on The Rule of Law, such as no one is above the law, and the Second Branch of government is not above the first branch according to the Constitution.

Other Republican stances like Free Trade as opposed to Trump's tariffs.

Another Republican stance like immigration: It looks like the GOP has officially changed its position on immigration to align itself with Trump. Hmmm perhaps MSNBC brings old time Republicans on to discuss that.

posted on Mar, 24 2019 @ 02:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Artemis12
a reply to: gortex

I would rather a President of the World be up front than secretive like all the other presidents after JFK were. Obama never told us what was going on, Trump has led in his position as 'one of us'. He communicates everything every single day. I find that very significant.
I kind of doubt Trump is being honest about everything,however this Russia collusion is nothing bunch of nonsense...U.S. Presidents always collude with Russia and China,and North Korea...Russia,China,North Korea always collude the U.S. bunch of politically games.
edit on 24-3-2019 by Jobeycool because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2019 @ 08:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Jobeycool

I feel the same way, no one is completely innocent here.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join