It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What's The Meaning of a single, dead white rose?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2019 @ 09:37 PM
link   
a reply to: DaphneApollo

The end of love for someone...like a heart, broken

posted on Mar, 10 2019 @ 07:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: madmac5150
A piss poor gardener would be my guess...

Umm, it was only a single dead white rose, not a garden full of 'em. I'd say malicious intent, really. Whoever let that white rose die, did so with specificity.

Now that's how you tell a serial killer from your run on the mill bad gardener.. "Oh it was just the one rose was it?"

*shifty eyes*

posted on Mar, 10 2019 @ 09:59 AM
link   
a reply to: LABTECH767

I would disagree based on the account of her murder, she was raped, if the guy was revolted at her that would likely not have been the case, he also got his sick gratification strangling the 17 year old kid to death, she was missing 22 day's and he kept her in a freezer for some of that time before dumping her body in water somewhere...

Okay. But you seem to presume that rape is a crime of lust. It's not. It's a crime of power. And that power can include punishment. Men have countless options for sexual gratification that do not include harming anyone, much less killing them. Obviously, there is far more to rape, torture and murder than just lust.

posted on Mar, 10 2019 @ 10:25 AM
link   
Either....

1. Somebody killed a rose

2. A rose died.

posted on Mar, 10 2019 @ 11:44 AM
link   

I wonder if this poor victim was one of a dozen serial killings.

posted on Mar, 10 2019 @ 01:16 PM
link   
I'm going to put this story here so everyone can read it anyway. I have looked for a coroners report but haven't found one.

Link 1
Link 2

Thanks everyone for your opinions and comments.

posted on Mar, 10 2019 @ 01:52 PM
link   

The fact that her purse had a receipt for a purchased Valentine card and that she was killed in the days before Valentine's Day may be significant.

posted on Mar, 10 2019 @ 02:10 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT
They've ruled out the boyfriend, brother and father.

She bought that at a TG&Y store before coming home. Some have suggested that she may have left her license at the store, and someone behind her picked it up, followed her under the pretense that "Hey, you left your license back at the store, I brought it to you." Then grabbed her.

She called her mom saying she was heading home. She was later than she should have been, her mother then called her Dad who told her to call her Uncle and have him drive the route to see if she'd broken down on the side of the road, nothing.

posted on Mar, 10 2019 @ 02:15 PM
link   

And, yet, nobody could locate the card.

The first thought I had...after considering the location of the McDonalds on the Interstate and the body found 80 miles away...was a trucker stopping there, noticing her, and abducting her.

The second murder in June was also interesting, as the body was also discovered in water.

posted on Mar, 10 2019 @ 02:24 PM
link   
I would also look for any funerals of similar young women that took place within days of the abduction and possibly close by.

A single cut rose is often placed on the burial casket of a loved one by a loved one or family...just before burial.
This victim could've been chosen because she closely resembled a recently departed loved one of the murderer...and the rose was from that grave.

edit on 10-3-2019 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2019 @ 02:33 PM
link   

I hadn't thought of a trucker. But, the person who found her in the water was an off duty Fireman who hunted in the area I believe. People have said in comments who knew her that someone would have to know the area to dump her there, because it's off the road a bit.

Two police officers were also trying to flirt with her, so,this could also be where the license had gone.
The police dept. was corrupt back then, surprise.

posted on Mar, 10 2019 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Good point on knowing the area.

The other girl was, apparently, intentionally drowned.
If the two are connected, I suspect a serial killer whom recently (or not recently) lost (to drowning of suffocation) a GF at about the same age or general physical description of the two victims.
edit on 10-3-2019 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2019 @ 02:42 PM
link   
I cant help but wonder if the dead white rose has happened at with other cases of missing, murdered people. if so that might be something worth following up on.

posted on Mar, 10 2019 @ 02:45 PM
link   

The missing license was, most likely, a serial killer's trophy.

posted on Mar, 10 2019 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Yep, one girl was pregnant, strangled, raped ??? Heavy weighted rock tied to her and drowned, but it didn't keep her from floating up. They don't have the same MO .

The case in question was most horrid/sadistic.

posted on Mar, 10 2019 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Wouldn't the McDonalds, where she worked, have had video of the customers that day or in the days leading up to her abduction?

posted on Mar, 10 2019 @ 02:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: DaphneApollo

Yep, one girl was pregnant, strangled, raped ??? Heavy weighted rock tied to her and drowned, but it didn't keep her from floating up. They don't have the same MO .

The case in question was most horrid/sadistic.

Both found in a creek or river?

posted on Mar, 10 2019 @ 02:55 PM
link   
a reply to: RedGolem

I haven't read of any other case with this in it.

Sounds like when someone was marked as a snitch, a dead rat was put on their front porch. "You're a dead rat."

posted on Mar, 10 2019 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Rose/Flower Ceremony 2

GROOM (handing BRIDE a long-stemmed white rose):
Accept this rose as a symbol of my love.
Like our love, it has blossomed from a tiny bud to a breathtaking thing of beauty.

BRIDE (placing the rose into a vase filled with water):
I accept this rose, symbolic of your love, placing it into water, a symbol of life.

GROOM: Once a year I will give you another beautiful white rose, to affirm our love and the vows spoken here today.

BRIDE: And once a year I will refill this vase with water, to receive the symbol of our love, and to affirm the vows spoken here today.

www.officianteric.com...

posted on Mar, 10 2019 @ 03:02 PM
link   

They certainly must have looked at that, if in the eighties they had them. I don't know. I don't believe there were cameras in 1986.

It was a creek.

The white rose symbolizes purity, innocence, etc. a dead white rose seems very nefarious.
edit on 10-3-2019 by DaphneApollo because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join