It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ISIS trades gold for an escape route?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2019 @ 02:45 PM
link   
themindunleashed.com...

As the remaining pockets of ISIS fighters faced imminent defeat in northeast Syria, the United States allegedly gave them an offer they couldn’t refuse: give us your massive caches of gold — or die.

According to reports by Syrian state news agency SANA, U.S. forces struck a deal with ISIS whereby the terrorist group would give up 50 tons of gold across eastern Syria’s Deir el-Zour province in exchange for safe passage.

The precious metal, worth about $2.13 billion, was plundered by the self-designated “caliphate” as its reign of terror spread across Syria and Iraq between 2015 and 2017.

posted on Mar, 1 2019 @ 02:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Arnold_OldSchool

Sounds nefarious. Is anyone that surprised to hear about this?

Here is another source from Veteranstoday (that provides 5 other sources for their information): link

I would think the armed forces and gov would not want this news getting out. It certainly won't be on tonight's headlines on the MSM...
edit on 1-3-2019 by FamCore because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2019 @ 02:52 PM
link   

It only took them 2 years to collect 50 tons of gold? I wouldn’t have imagined there was even that much there to collect.

If I was in charge of that operation I would have taken the gold and killed them all anyway, these barbarians don’t deserve to have agreements with them honored.

posted on Mar, 1 2019 @ 02:57 PM
link   

The precious metal, worth about $2.13 billion, was plundered by the self-designated “caliphate” as its reign of terror spread across Syria and Iraq between 2015 and 2017.

Clearly all the looters during the Iraq War missed some.

posted on Mar, 1 2019 @ 03:10 PM
link   
Christ, why can't I figure out how to pay myself 2 bill also?

That's it, I'm joining the cia now.

posted on Mar, 1 2019 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Makes me think of Three Kings ...
edit on 1-3-2019 by putnam6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2019 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Wait a second, isis stole this from syria and we stole it from isis?

Shouldn't we return the stolen loot to the rightful heirs?

Next thing you know we are going to give it to the turks just to piss everyone off.

posted on Mar, 1 2019 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Assuming for a moment that this story has some truth, it really doesn't bother me in general if some members of ISIS are being allowed safe passage.

The gold part of this story aside, I think it would be fine if some ISIS people are given safe passage in return for "promising" to not cause more problems. Although holding them to a promise might be easier said than done.

I don't necessarily need ISIS to be imprisoned or killed -- I just want them to go away and don't come back.

edit on 2019/3/1 by Box of Rain because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2019 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Why don't they just use force and take it. Then return it to the rightful owners.

Kind regards,

bally

posted on Mar, 1 2019 @ 03:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: putnam6
Makes me think of Three Kings ...

Kellys Hero's.

posted on Mar, 1 2019 @ 03:48 PM
link   

So another war is revealed to be centred around large sums of money, innocent people of all sides lose their lives but part of that 1% club will getting a payout again.

posted on Mar, 1 2019 @ 03:59 PM
link   
If this is true shame on us. We could just bomb them and take the gold, why make a deal? I'm sure our SATs would notice 50 tons of gold being moved across Seria, they aren't taking it anywhere.

Also, a radical Muslims word means nothing, actually less than nothing, when they are making a deal with an infidel. Think of the Camp Chapman attack, you would think the CIA would have learned there lesson then. Only 2 things can be done with radical Muslims, round them all up and ship them off planet or put them all down.

posted on Mar, 1 2019 @ 04:03 PM
link   
a reply to: UpIsNowDown

While I agree may wars are fought for money, resources, ect.. do you really think the USA got involved in the fight for a measly $2.13 billion? That's not even pocket change. It's a dropped penny it means nothing.

posted on Mar, 1 2019 @ 04:06 PM
link   

I wouldn't doubt it. The US always wants to have an enemy in waiting. ISIS has provided weapons testing targets for years. Nothing will change.

posted on Mar, 1 2019 @ 04:35 PM
link   
That source looks bunk. The link in the story to the Arab newspaper looks bunk.

posted on Mar, 1 2019 @ 04:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: 772STi
a reply to: UpIsNowDown

While I agree may wars are fought for money, resources, ect.. do you really think the USA got involved in the fight for a measly $2.13 billion? That's not even pocket change. It's a dropped penny it means nothing.

There's a big difference between 50 tons of gold and $2 billion dollars. Bankers can't print gold out of thin air.

posted on Mar, 1 2019 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Ohhhh we're all still assuming the war against ISIS is exactly what the MSM told us it was aren't we.. guess I'll play along.

Oh no what a tragedy
they're trapped and running around with 50 TONS of gold and we, the most powerful military on earth, are forced to negotiate?? hm yeah wow we're really in a tight spot huh. Thank g*d we have the compassion to give them a fair chance to hand over their stolen goods to the world gov who allllllwaaayyys put the good citizens of the world above everyone else.

Whoop Whoop for ignorance!

posted on Mar, 1 2019 @ 05:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Box of Rain

If you think they are going to go away you are delusional

Now they are going to be even more pissed that they lost the gold

posted on Mar, 1 2019 @ 05:45 PM
link   
a reply to: VictorVonDoom

Thank you for your post, I thought the $$ amount was suspicious as well, but because of your comment I did some research.

Gold is at approximately $41,807 per kilogram. There is 45359.237 kilograms in 50 tons. So... That equals $1,900,869,544.96!!!!!!!!!

So yea, lol, roughly 2 trillion in gold for letting some people go is a good deal. We will get them later anyway. I do believe that considering we didn't have that many resources in the area from the get go. I definitely believe we would make that deal.

Once again thanks for pointing that out. I enjoy doing my own research and getting to the facts. You put me back in check.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join