It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump Didn't Become President to Enrich Himself

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2019 @ 06:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: MadLad

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

originally posted by: highvein

originally posted by: projectvxn
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

When nukes are on the table not negotiating is not an option.

Why do you want war so bad? What's wrong with negotiation?

That's ridiculous, we came came close to war with the whole rocket man saga, remember?

Are you really arguing that Trump knows better than the entire intelligence agencies else on this matter ?

It seems as if he does.

Think about that statement for a minute or two, trump the master deal maker somehow knows more about what's going on in nth Korea than the hundreds or possibly thousands of people tasked with the job, which includes all sorts of espionage and other such practices, countless tax dollars used to learn information about our enemies yet cheetolini somehow just knows better.

You are #ting me right, nth Korea have been an issue ever since the Korea's were split, but somehow trumps followers think he averted war after Trump himself escalates the whole situation....

Oh boy, idiocracy is well and truly here

Yet, Kim Jung Un is now legitimate in your eyes. If he isn’t, then you’re just repeating what someone taught you to say.

No you're just wrong as usual with your baseless assumptions.

posted on Mar, 1 2019 @ 06:07 PM
link   
a reply to: MadLad

True. I don't think he ran for money. I think it's all about ego. That's not terrible, but it doesn't help that he hires based on loyalty.

He looks good by doing a good job, satisfying his ego. But his ego isn't helping the growing left vs right divide.

posted on Mar, 1 2019 @ 06:14 PM
link   
Trump perhaps underneath it all does want to do some good - who knows really. But I think any do-gooding is buried deeeply inside. I don't think for a moment he thought he would win, for one. He looked stunned once he did. He is in entertainment. Nothing more to get your brand out there, than to run for President.

His constituents will claim he cares sooo much about the U.S. - and Trump himself will tell those who struggle paycheck to paycheck that he is EXACTLY like them. Which is the most laughable load of bull. He has no idea what it is like to be wanting. Or to even have people say "no" to him.

Most important I feel he lacks any real empathy - at all. Which is a critical component of being POTUS imo. He'll spout words of "Oh, woe are these laid off workers" or call a mother of a fallen soldier and then not even know his name. He'll insult a gold star family - and he didn't even know what one was. Guy is about as empathetic as a angry brick. He says he cares - words don't mean jack. I honestly feel inside he doesn't care at all - he only cares how his actions make him look. Or how the words of others will make him look bad. He craves attention.. positive attention. He cannot handle criticism.. at ALL.

To me, Hillary and Trump were two of the worst candidates to run for Presidency in who knows how many decades. It's a sad pity the system runs like it does. Maybe if each party had to field at least 3 candidates we'd have a better shot at getting someone who isn't a complete tool.

Trump at least for me, is the worst choice. I don't agree with his tenants (some of his followers do.. that's fine), I think many were created solely to appease his base, and he doesn't really care one way or the other. I think as a person he is one of the crassest, vulgar, non-sympathetic, vengeful, lying, thin skinned narcissist individuals out there. His followers are willing to look past all that if they can apparently.. get a wall, ignore climate change and initiatives to help fix it (and in fact, increase ways to make it worse), and no mess with gun control. Do that.. all good! For me, that's not enough - I wish he had never run.
edit on 1-3-2019 by fleabit because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2019 @ 06:42 PM
link   
a reply to: fleabit

If Trump hadn't run we'd have Hillary. I'd rather someone who didn't truly want the job and isn't really sure what they are doing over someone who knows what they are doing and wanted to sell us all out.

In one case what we get is hit or miss with some potential for good if lucky, in the other case it's systematic and gaurenteed bad.

posted on Mar, 1 2019 @ 06:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: highvein

originally posted by: projectvxn
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

When nukes are on the table not negotiating is not an option.

Why do you want war so bad? What's wrong with negotiation?

That's ridiculous, we came came close to war with the whole rocket man saga, remember?

Are you really arguing that Trump knows better than the entire intelligence agencies else on this matter ?

It seems as if he does.

Think about that statement for a minute or two, trump the master deal maker somehow knows more about what's going on in nth Korea than the hundreds or possibly thousands of people tasked with the job, which includes all sorts of espionage and other such practices, countless tax dollars used to learn information about our enemies yet cheetolini somehow just knows better.

You are #ting me right, nth Korea have been an issue ever since the Korea's were split, but somehow trumps followers think he averted war after Trump himself escalates the whole situation....

Oh boy, idiocracy is well and truly here

Yet, Kim Jung Un is now legitimate in your eyes. If he isn’t, then you’re just repeating what someone taught you to say.

No you're just wrong as usual with your baseless assumptions.

So he wasn't legitimized?

posted on Mar, 1 2019 @ 08:55 PM
link   

Apparently you missed the part where North Korea dismantled multiple nuclear testing sites already in following the timeline they were given. Just like Iran dismantled their nuclear program several times. And sent the money to Germany for the nuclear materials they were supposed to provide for power and medicine. And we ignored them, took their money, and never provided the materials promised. The us breaks every treaty.

posted on Mar, 2 2019 @ 12:41 AM
link   

You would make a terrible snake oil salesman, you know that?

posted on Mar, 3 2019 @ 10:57 AM
link   
Donald Trump did not believe he would actually win to become president. He was shocked, actually. But once in there, you can be assured he has done plenty to enrich himself. That's obvious. Don't listen to his words for truth, watch his actions.

posted on Mar, 4 2019 @ 10:32 PM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

LOL trillion dollar tax cut... how? By reducing the corporate rate? You know who pays the corporate rate, right? You do, the consumer. So again that tax cut ended back in your pocket.

posted on Mar, 5 2019 @ 02:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

He did it for selfish reasons. He didn’t plan to win, but believed running would be the best publicity possible.
Put down the kool aid and wake up.

posted on Mar, 5 2019 @ 03:14 AM
link   
Hey guys, I don't really care if you believe me or not, but today I was notified of my bonus figure this year.

$50,000!

Well, 47670 to be exact.

I TOTALLY credit myself and the millions of other Trump supporters who helped make it happen.

THE TRUTH HURTS!

posted on Mar, 5 2019 @ 03:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: links234

You would make a terrible snake oil salesman, you know that?

Time to take bets on which username Les will come back with this time...

posted on Mar, 5 2019 @ 03:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Abbby

This has to be the dumbest of the theories of why trump ran. Trump didn't need any publicity and he certainly didn't need the negative publicity that would come with running as a republican. Just curious, where is herman cain now? How about ben carson? How'd the publicity angle work out for them? The truth is, he wanted to run and wanted to win. He would have stopped pushing himself to the top if he didn't. There were many opportunities to bow out before he clinched the nomination.
edit on 5-3-2019 by Dfairlite because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2019 @ 10:07 AM
link   

That's funny, because he's been consistent about his policies for over two decades, and has considered running since the late 80's.

I guess you haven't been following the "Trump quote for every occasion" thing on social media.

You know, the one where they show a tweet from a few years ago that directly contradicts something he said or did today.

Still, you got to wonder what kind of leader (or voter) thinks we need the same policies today as 30 years ago. The world has changed somewhat, you know, with the fall of the Soviet Bloc, the rise of global terror networks, the failure of the American globalisation project and the global economic crash...

posted on Mar, 5 2019 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Does anyone believe that Trump became president to enrich himself? I've never heard that before.

Trump has dedicated his entire life to enriching himself. I think there is a suspicion that the enriching oneself habit is one that he might find hard to break while in office.

At that point the question is whether his methods of enriching himself fall within guidelines for presidential conduct. Any controversy is in that area. There is a question of emoluments with regard to his hotels. Presidents are not supposed to receive money for services rendered while president. There is a worry about influence being "bought" in that way.

He was a multi-billionaire before he ran for office.

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join