It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Since I've been gone...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2019 @ 10:40 PM
link   
Not sure how many of you have noticed but it has been a solid month since I have visited this site, I decided to give myself a break from the force fed narrative supplied to us by the media, a narrative that has radicalized so many against their fellow neighbors. I'm here to report back on my findings.

First of all, I feel a weight has been lifted off of my shoulders from all of the animosity and hate that was being pumped into my system by those in power and the division they have sowed in the hearts of so many on these boards and outside in the real world from the constant onslaught of negativity and propaganda from pretty much any politically charged and motivated sideshow they blast over the airwaves 24/7.

From a quick glance at the popular threads it seems they have been pushing a propaganda piece about Catholic school kids and an Indian. Not sure about the details but it seems they have reeled many into the net yet again, trenches are continuing to be dug, I hate to see what the future holds for the generation growing up in such a politically charged and hate-filled era.

Second of all, I have taken up other more productive activities such as taking walks and playing card games with my girlfriend to pass the time instead of being buried in my phone salivating over the next hit piece the media and ATS were going to serve up on a silver platter. It has been time well spent in my opinion, much more productive.

Third of all, I will continue my hiatus from this place in order to further my personal growth in order to continue to pull myself out of the muck that the narrative had pulled me into. I just thought I'd give an update for those who may have been wondering where I've been, also to possibly encourage others to do the same and take a break from the propaganda. The media is brainwashing and indoctrinating people with every new story they sensationalize so I would advise to unplug as I and many others have done, I think you will come out the other end much happier, as I have.

Thanks for reading and good luck.

posted on Jan, 22 2019 @ 10:46 PM
link   
Welcome back for the visit. I would think of laying back on ATS if it wasn't winter here, I really do not feel like taking off and doing much in the winter. You could get hit by a car on our road if you walk on it in the winter, or slip on the ice and whack your head on the snowbanks.

I ran out of free medical and nutrition classes to take, gee, only reruns available at that site.

posted on Jan, 22 2019 @ 10:50 PM
link   
Well said! I hope many will take notice and take a break themselves.

I deactivated all my social media. I refuse to watch the news; there’s not a single media outlet I trust. I’ll breeze through here from time to time but my efforts to quite the storm from an independent perspective are futile.

Enjoy your new found peace! I hope it treats you well.

posted on Jan, 22 2019 @ 10:54 PM
link   
always follow the doctor's advice 😀

posted on Jan, 22 2019 @ 10:56 PM
link   

Just joshing ya... *punches you in the shoulder* Welcome back.

posted on Jan, 22 2019 @ 11:00 PM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

After actually reading the whole thing, I agree, spending time with a woman is a much much much better way to spend one's time.

So I guess it was just a temporary "welcome back"... *punches you in the other shoulder* well, see ya later then I guess.
edit on 1/22/2019 by 3n19m470 because: (no reason given)

(post by 3n19m470 removed for political trolling and baiting)

posted on Jan, 22 2019 @ 11:15 PM
link   
a reply to: 3n19m470

Be prepared for many more of these propaganda pieces over the coming months and years. If you haven't figured out that you're being goaded into radicalism then I'm afraid you may never see it.

Good luck to you my friend and may you come to realize what the media and Hollywood are actually doing to you and others with their reporting and inflammatory statements.

edit on 1/22/2019 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2019 @ 11:45 PM
link   

I noticed you were gone because there's only a handful of us that have a different perspective and when one leaves the pressure is so much more intense on those of us left...

Glad to hear your doing well.

posted on Jan, 22 2019 @ 11:48 PM
link   

So you've decided to come back from a hiatus just to let everyone know you're going on another one.

Impressive.

Considering I was the last person you responded to (before you ultimately deleted it), do I get any credit for sending you off on your new journey?

The key is finding balance within yourself -- the rest will take care of itself.

Have fun doing whatever it is you're doing.

posted on Jan, 23 2019 @ 12:05 AM
link   
a reply to: knowledgehunter0986

I think im the sole owner of that key. I made the decision based on my own thoughts and words. But you are more than welcome to think so if you like.

Good luck my friend.

posted on Jan, 23 2019 @ 12:09 AM
link   

Glad to see that you still think your better then everyone else.

posted on Jan, 23 2019 @ 12:13 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 23 2019 @ 12:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Muninn

You're confusing me realizing a vice and me being prideful. Two separate issues entirely. Im not better than anyone.

posted on Jan, 23 2019 @ 12:25 AM
link   

So you've decided to come back from a hiatus just to let everyone know you're going on another one.

Third of all, I will continue my hiatus from this place in order to further my personal growth in order to continue to pull myself out of the muck that the narrative had pulled me into.

But before you do, you need to check in with the place that you claim is hindering your personal growth.

Ooooh man!

posted on Jan, 23 2019 @ 12:34 AM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

Of course, I have good memories of this place. I've been a member for 6+ years. Im not sure what's wrong with coming back and giving certain people an update if they care. I still have friends on here, there's nothing wrong with me giving those people an update instead of just ghosting.

Good luck friend.

posted on Jan, 23 2019 @ 12:43 AM
link   

Come on back...

The mudpit is fantastic entertainment!!! You don't take this sh!t seriously do you?

posted on Jan, 23 2019 @ 01:32 AM
link   
Always enjoyed your different perspective. It is the diversity that makes ATS interesting. It is always the lack of diversity in the Mud Pit that makes it frustrating but the Mud Pit is just a very small part of ATS.

Sounds like you have felt peace by stepping away. It's all just an adventure. Enjoy your newfound freedom.

posted on Jan, 23 2019 @ 02:43 AM
link   

So that means I can't trigger you anymore?

posted on Jan, 23 2019 @ 04:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI

Third of all, I will continue my hiatus from this place in order to further my personal growth in order to continue to pull myself out of the muck that the narrative had pulled me into.

But before you do, you need to check in with the place that you claim is hindering your personal growth.

Ooooh man!

Nice pep talk, I love mocking people it makes me feel so alive inside, I can just imagine the hurt in their minds as its processed... Good times...

top topics

<<   2 >>

join