It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If food stamps run out will there be riots?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2019 @ 09:27 PM
link   
No more free food?

posted on Jan, 20 2019 @ 09:31 PM
link   
a reply to: babybunnies

Well that would certainly cause a National Emergency worthy of appropriating funds to build the wall and take it off the table so that the government has no more excuses not to get back to work.

posted on Jan, 20 2019 @ 09:32 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

will they feel the same for the very poor, disabled or elderly on food stamps?

No, certainly don't want to see anybody starve. I find it disturbing how little far left Dems (who claim to care morning, noon and night about this "social" stuff) are nowhere to be found. Trump is in the WH ready to sign their bill into law.

He is simply asking for what career pro's at DOJ/DHS have asked for: more & improved barriers, more funding, more agents, more judges.

No one wants to see that happen, but if it has to then it has to. We are going to show this country where the Dems really stand and what they really are no matter what it takes. But I agree that the situation is untenable and out of control.

And rioting would be counter-productive. I heard tear gas and foam projectiles don't feel very good, especially when you are already hungry and cold. I urge the Dems to sit down at the table with a real position on the issues, instead of trying to placate their fanatic base

Objectively speaking the left's position on this issue (and several others) is bizarre, overtly bitter and transparently malicious for the sake of malice. Either way, the end game isn't good for this country. And damn the fanatical left for taking mere policy differences to this extreme. To hell with them all.
edit on 1/20/2019 by JBurns because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2019 @ 09:32 PM
link   
I'm on food stamps, yes, we got our last payment today which is going to last me through March 8th, if the shutdown is over by then. If it isn't, then I will be short on money for food. I will go to the food bank and hope it isn't out of food, or ask for help from my parents.

posted on Jan, 20 2019 @ 09:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

So both sides are skipping town to take junkets in Puerto Rico, Hawaii, Europe and Afghanistan?

No both sides are maintaining the illusion of working for the benefit of the people.

posted on Jan, 20 2019 @ 09:40 PM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Maybe we'll learn next time around.

It isn't our Founder's faults though. They had no way to see the outrageous level of treason considered "SOP" in today's government.

What a disappointment we'd be to them.

posted on Jan, 20 2019 @ 09:42 PM
link   
A word from the wise.
Never , ever take anything from the AJC to heart.
That paper became the nation's first to "improve" (improvise) on a story
We stopped reading except for the "funnies" and the coupons
The rest were used to line the outhouse holes
True story
From a True Georgian

posted on Jan, 20 2019 @ 09:44 PM
link   
Locally HUD isn't being funded anymore so some folks are going to have trouble keeping a roof over their heads in addition to being hungry for a while. This entire shutdown is starting to piss me off.

posted on Jan, 20 2019 @ 09:44 PM
link   
a reply to: JBurns

Yeah it's a sad state of affairs, seems to be the norm now, not just for the U. S but for the U. K and Australia too, the whole western world seems to being primed for a yellow jacket style revolution.
edit on 20-1-2019 by hopenotfeariswhatweneed because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2019 @ 09:46 PM
link   
Government employees spent more than 8 billion in 2014 on credit card purchases. Fed Cards

What administration is asking for in 2019 for wall and border security is but a pittance at 5.7 billion.

Conclusion, Pelosi is suffering TDS and playing games while others suffer. Nancy put a bill on Trumps desk!

posted on Jan, 20 2019 @ 09:51 PM
link   
All I’m going to say, is that if you guys believe most people are blaming the Democrats for this, you have another thing coming.

Sure, that’s what right wing talking heads want you to believe to shore up your support, but it doesn’t go any further than that. I guess the saving grace is that most right wingers will be blind to what is actually happening until the end.

For that, I’m thankful.

edit on 20-1-2019 by underwerks because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2019 @ 10:25 PM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

All I know is what I see - Democrats in exotic locals yucking it up with corporate lobbyists while they claim to be working for you little people.

posted on Jan, 20 2019 @ 10:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
a reply to: JAGStorm

Do food stamps enable the recipient to buy much food? Maybe they'll be too weak to riot.

When I worked in grocery...the people paying with EBT and SNAP

Mostly bought weird things like cases of Monster Energy Drink and tubs of ice cream. Nothing else. Well, occasionally a binge of Little Debbie.

What they need all that energy for they ain't workin'?! I guess for the rioting and looting!

Never once saw someone with EBT/ SNAP making financially or nutritionally sensible purchases.

Let em riot. Don't care.

edit on 20-1-2019 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2019 @ 10:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks
All I’m going to say, is that if you guys believe most people are blaming the Democrats for this, you have another thing coming.

Big bad daddy Trump is to blame of course. Sad that so many people became dependent like little children instead of taking agency over their lives and futures. I guess that's Trump's fault too!

Again. Don't care.

posted on Jan, 20 2019 @ 10:48 PM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

What a myopic statement.

In case you haven't noticed, Tulsi Gabbard was spot on when she said both sides have hardened down and refuse to budge. Trump tried reaching across the aisle, by drawing up a plan as a starting point.

Dems are stuttering because they don't have any policy suggestions or solutions to this problem. As usual, they just want to shoot down everything Trump says no matter how many spurious or outright fabricated sources/"facts" they have to use.

Take the fake Russian bots used by the Dem party. Who do you think they were targeting? Conservatives who will never believe a word coming from their mouths? Or lefties? In order to galvanize support, they exploit a mass hysteria they themselves created. If you can't see the Hegelian dialectic at work I don't know what to tell you. Your party is playing you guys for fools. How about the fake news BuzzFeed story hyped by far left MSM all day? Like a fiddle.

Hell, you guys still haven't figured out why the American people selected an insurgent candidate like Trump to begin with. Clearly, because the Dem party has become the embodiment of all those reasons. Do you really expect 2020 to turn out any better for you? The hyped "blue wave" didn't happen. In an election that should've seen Dem control of both houses (according to history) you won a simple majority in the House. Big whoop.

But go ahead, I love the fact you all haven't figured that out yet. But I don't because I hate seeing my fellow Americans living in such a deluded state.

edit on 1/20/2019 by JBurns because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2019 @ 11:19 PM
link   
1 a bonus id for doing something well. what does it say about food stamp people, that they think collecting government money well, should get them a bonus

2) if you re able body, dont you think you would start looking for a job..

3) if yiu are not physically able to get a job, how are you physically able to protest/riot

posted on Jan, 20 2019 @ 11:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: SocratesJohnson

3) if yiu are not physically able to get a job, how are you physically able to protest/riot

I'm not physically able to do a lot of jobs. I'll probably never be in good enough shape to be a fire fighter for example.

Does that make me disabled and should give up? Or does that mean I have to keep looking to find something I am able to do?

SNAP and EBT should be a temporary safety net. All free rides must come to an end I suppose.

posted on Jan, 20 2019 @ 11:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: toysforadults
if the Fed stops pumping money into the market the pension bubble bursting for boomers is going to throw our economy right into the toilet and FAST

That is what Bill Maher was hoping for. The words came directly from his mouth.

posted on Jan, 20 2019 @ 11:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

originally posted by: Lumenari

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

originally posted by: toysforadults
45 million people right, you guys totally under estimate the economy right now we are headed into really dark territory

We had better build a wall to keep those undesirables out, or in, or at least just away...

The vast majority of US citizens already have that.

We call them homes.

If people get desperate enough those homes will not be safe they will be targets.

Not for the homes that believe in gun rights. It will be target practice.

posted on Jan, 20 2019 @ 11:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

Can you prove that this is her home?

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join