It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Stepson's Best Friend OD'd Today--Build The Damn Wall NOW!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2019 @ 01:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed
a reply to: ThirdEyeofHorus

Addiction is an illness and should be treated as such, it's not about making it easier it's about providing help for a sick person.
I understand your point, I just don’t agree with that solution. In the article, the author stated that there were people lying in the streets just feet from the injection site.

posted on Jan, 19 2019 @ 02:40 AM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

I am so sorry to hear this Tat.

I live in a very small town and last year alone there were 43 OD deaths that occurred. Some were friends who lost their children and some were parents who had children. This is an epidemic of epic proportions.

Please hang in there. If you ever need anything I am just a PM away.

I will keep you and your family in my prayers.

#buildthewall

posted on Jan, 19 2019 @ 02:40 AM
link   

That's why they take the drug, they are escaping from reality. Personal responsibility is out the window, morality is the issue for the people left to deal with it.

posted on Jan, 19 2019 @ 02:55 AM
link   
I didn't read the thread, just the op so someone may have said this already.

Barring my thoughts and feelings on a wall (as I'm sick of hearing and talking about it, I just don't give a damn anymore and can't even stomach local news), chances are this person overdosed - like hundreds around me (look at statistics for opiate overdose deaths in NY's capital region) - on something that was at least partially fentanyl. A wall would do literally nothing to prevent these deaths.

Google "Chinese fentanyl manufacture" and while you're at it "new opioid development in China" for good measure. That crap is shipped in through every port in every part of this country via USPS and courier service every day.

They're also creating new compounds at a pace that would make pharmaceutical companies blush. Opioids, cannabinoids, hallucinogens, sedatives, all totally synthetic modifications of existing drugs... They're all also considered research chemicals and very few states regulate all of them.

Harm reduction? Safe sites, legalization and regulation are the only options for harm reduction. I come from the D.A.R.E. generation in a medium sized city in the Northeast. Most of my childhood friends are addicts or dead. What a joke.

The world isn't going to improve in the forseeable future. People are going to want an escape, to self medicate after our laughable mecical system fails them, whatever they're after... They're going to find it. It's literally right at the tips of your fingers, they even usually take PayPal and CC for your convenience.

Don't politicize an epidemic. Failure of the political system and by extension the educational system and medical system led to this in the first place.

posted on Jan, 19 2019 @ 03:40 AM
link   

Oh Tat, I am so sorry to hear this! It is so tragic. Not only the addict suffers, but their family and friends. I hope and pray that your Son can see his way through the hell of drug addiction and wish him all the best. My heart goes out to those who have lost loved ones or are dealing with this illness.

posted on Jan, 19 2019 @ 04:18 AM
link   
Sorry to hear about your stepsons friend. A wall won’t stop the drugs flowing in though.

posted on Jan, 19 2019 @ 04:22 AM
link   
a reply to: dug88

A wall would be useful to keep out hordes of famished "zombies" when the SHTF. Imagine global catastrophies, economic meltdowns, lack of resources, desperation, etc in the future. I guess it would also serve the same purpose as the fence that we all errect around our properties albeit more secure and defendable!

posted on Jan, 19 2019 @ 05:42 AM
link   
It's getting in whether you want it to or not,OP. Afghan opium, CIA gunz fer drugz, whoever's South American back pocket we're in this week & vice versa, etc.

When it comes to drugs and international deals, you're not powerful enough to do s#. And a wall is just a token feel-good band-aid on a severed Aorta -- not. going. to. do. S#.

So do yourself a favor a don't play your kid's dead friend like this. It's not worth it for such an empty try.

posted on Jan, 19 2019 @ 05:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: iplay1up2

I am sorry for your loss. My Niece, has been a heroine addict for 10 years. I know what it is like. The thing is, yes the drugs come from Mexico, however they come through the ports of entry, 90% of the time.

Just wall off the country where the drugs come from....who cares about points of entry...that statistic looks like the border agents show little competance at their job.

And how do we know the statistics of drugs getting across through illegal points if they have not even been discovered yet.

In reality there should not even be a debate about a wall.....a wall is effective and the u.s. has way too many illegal aliens currently in u.s. jails.

If your country has jails filled with people never supposed to be there...then there is a problem somewhere.

I've lost about 8 friends to heroin before they made it to 30.

This was before narcan...now kids are little more eager to try heroin if they have the life saver narcan around.

posted on Jan, 19 2019 @ 06:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah
It's getting in whether you want it to or not,OP. Afghan opium, CIA gunz fer drugz, whoever's South American back pocket we're in this week & vice versa, etc.

When it comes to drugs and international deals, you're not powerful enough to do s#. And a wall is just a token feel-good band-aid on a severed Aorta -- not. going. to. do. S#.

So do yourself a favor a don't play your kid's dead friend like this. It's not worth it for such an empty try.

The wall in place now is a weak fence. Very thin metal...
And even this wall deters people from crossing.
They walk along the fence until they find an opening.

The weak short fence in place now is working where it's set up.

Imagine what a real wall would achieve.

This would help give the American people a boost of confidence, and it would send a physical message as long as a mental one.

No mas

posted on Jan, 19 2019 @ 06:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Stu112
Sorry to hear about your stepsons friend. A wall won’t stop the drugs flowing in though.

But will it reduce it?

posted on Jan, 19 2019 @ 06:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

That's why they take the drug, they are escaping from reality. Personal responsibility is out the window, morality is the issue for the people left to deal with it.

Nothing wrong with escaping reality....its just that this drug is very physically addictive.

Hungry?? ,thirsty??? That comes second. Heroine is first.

You can drink and escape reality and be somewhat ok the following days.

Heroine, when you wake up,it not breakfast its heroine.

These people can not get out of bed without it.

Why anyone would want to mess with those odds is scary.

posted on Jan, 19 2019 @ 06:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Bloodworth

A real wall would achieve nothing when your own government is shipping it in thanks to back room deals, come on, you're not that dense. Even stringent, harsh policing would achieve nothing (Exhibit A: NoKo's foreign goods black market. If THAT can thrive, any drug black market elsewhere can & WILL)

The sharpest drop in usage has always been, and will always be, through careful legalization. Portugal has tangible, and rather impressive results with this, despite the US screaming legalizing would be a failure. Prohibition itself is a draw, the more you tell someone they can't have something, the more they want it. Then when that allure is gone and it's just a simple purchase in the light of day with no illicit thrill tied to it, it's not quite so alluring anymore. It's human nature, we always want or do the opposite of what we're told. Smart eradication would be approaching the high usage the same way.

edit on 1/19/2019 by Nyiah because: Technically, Portugal decriminalized, however, I'm leaving the mentions of legalizing there since it seems to resonate better with people for one reason or another.

edit on 1/19/2019 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2019 @ 06:13 AM
link   
Obviously, you didn't watch the videos or read the linked articles, or even give the post in general much thought.

posted on Jan, 19 2019 @ 07:17 AM
link   
Build the wall re-institute the death penalty for Heroin or meth or hard killer drugs...at the distribution level an management levels only ...stop criminally charging drug addiction victims and treat them respectfully like Survivors of any War against your Country.....these are CASUALTIES OF THE DRUG WAR AGAINST AMERICA BEING WAGED FROM WITHIN AND WITHOUT BY HER ENEMIES......treat the issue correctly this time ….Regans wife incarcerated millions and earned the Illuminnatti HUNDREDS OF BILLIONS OF DOLLARS by doing ….its time to go after the Chineese chemical exporters and producers and the Mexican distributors.

Tell me American Special Forces working in cells couldn't clean up the domestic terrorists or combatants which is what high level distribution really is....I don't mean popping addits dealing on the street...I mean popping Businesmen and Businesswomen who sit in offices all day setting up deals and laundering money.

Reagans administration didn't engage in a War on Drugs it engaged in a war on innocent drug addicts who were victims or domestic soldiers.Nancy was a Monster and they knew what they were building which was a long term prison for profit model.

Time to pick a real fight and start a REAL WAR ON DRUGS.

posted on Jan, 19 2019 @ 07:28 AM
link   

Unfortunately, addiction is built into our society. It is often normalized, promoted, and supported. The substances may change and the results may have different outcomes, but if a profit can be made off our weaknesses, someone will be there to take advantage of that characteristic. It is a form of control and even the nonhuman lifeforms of this planet fall victim.

Cell phones, coffee, food, alcohol, cigarettes, work, shopping, TV, sex, video games, gambling, the list is endless. One man's pleasure can be another man's destruction.

posted on Jan, 19 2019 @ 07:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: NightSkyeB4Dawn

Unfortunately, addiction is built into our society. It is often normalized, promoted, and supported. The substances may change and the results may have different outcomes, but if a profit can be made off our weaknesses, someone will be there to take advantage of that characteristic. It is a form of control and even the nonhuman lifeforms of this planet fall victim.

Cell phones, coffee, food, alcohol, cigarettes, work, shopping, TV, sex, video games, gambling, the list is endless. One man's pleasure can be another man's destruction.

Actually the profit is the blood trail hunters need to find the Wolf-Pack and remediate it.....any Eco-System hs a place for predators and killers but it Is severely and soundly POLICED BY NATURE...in our case we have encouraged and allowed to many of this type of human to carry on and do business....time to cull the Wolves...MILLIONS WORLDWIDE...every Country every Creed.

New Wolves will eventually be born...but the Flock needs to have time to rebuild regrow and reinvigorate....Nature is self-correcting and even Humanity must play by Natures Rules.

posted on Jan, 19 2019 @ 07:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah

A real wall would achieve nothing when your own government is shipping it in thanks to back room deals, come on, you're not that dense. Even stringent, harsh policing would achieve nothing (Exhibit A: NoKo's foreign goods black market. If THAT can thrive, any drug black market elsewhere can & WILL)

The sharpest drop in usage has always been, and will always be, through careful legalization. Portugal has tangible, and rather impressive results with this, despite the US screaming legalizing would be a failure. Prohibition itself is a draw, the more you tell someone they can't have something, the more they want it. Then when that allure is gone and it's just a simple purchase in the light of day with no illicit thrill tied to it, it's not quite so alluring anymore. It's human nature, we always want or do the opposite of what we're told. Smart eradication would be approaching the high usage the same way.

But anything that you do once or twice and your body physically demands it above food and water, that's something different.

And all angles need to be addressed....gov drug dealing as well as foreign across the border dealing.

posted on Jan, 19 2019 @ 08:21 AM
link   

If you think a wall will stop or even slightly hinder drug smuggling across the US Mexico border, then you are barely better off than your sons friend is. I would warrant that you would only have an excuse for the lack of forethought that such a position expresses, if you had indeed overdosed yourself at somepoint, and severely damaged the meat of your brain in doing so.

posted on Jan, 19 2019 @ 09:05 AM
link   
Stupid that they promote the use and carrying of Narcan for anyone and everyone, yet ignore the medical reasons that make them feel this is a good fix.

Decriminalize the drugs, make obtaining the drug a process, similar to the medical marijuana process. Stop glamourizing, the drug and thug culture.

When I was young I was poor and all I dreamed about was being able to go to college and getting a good job, so I could own my own home. Children need to think there is an obtainable future waiting for them and it is their responsibility to grab that brass ring if they really want it.

My family was loving and very supportive, but it was clear from the beginning that if I wanted something in life, it was up to me to get it. If I wanted something I had to work and save for it. I did a lot of babysitting, and odd and end jobs, to buy the clothes I wanted.

I raised my children the same way. It took immediately for one. One took a lot longer to get the message, tough love and quite a number of nights sleeping in the street brought him around. My youngest is still struggling because she plays the baby card for all it is worth, but her siblings are getting fed up with her parasitic behavior.

Our society is a huge factor in the problem which is too often ignored.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join