It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Stepson's Best Friend OD'd Today--Build The Damn Wall NOW!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2019 @ 09:08 AM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

Sorry to hear about your stepson's death. I've lost 2 coworkers recently to heroin addiction and it's tough.

I don't blame the border though. I blame the CIA and Afghanistan's poppies.

Drugs are going to come in via boat, plane, car, truck, ROVs, unmanned drones and every other possible way. A wall won't stop a single pill, joint or baggie. It just won't. It's not even a symbol of "we don't want your drugs." It's a useless expense for preventing drugs from crossing the border.

The CIA and I'm sure other government agencies have a shady past in the drug world. Just google CIA and Drugs and you'll get around 23 MILLION hits.

posted on Jan, 19 2019 @ 09:08 AM
link   

I don’t want to offend you in such a time obviously you are not aware our own people and government is to blame and been the one to blame!!

There is no war on drugs lol I promise! It’s so silly to even hear people say build a wall! I mean what happens when nature takes down the wall!? This land you think belongs to you does not belong to any one of us. Never has and never will it’s being loaned to us for this experience we call life!!!

CIA controls and dictates what comes in that’s not already here and BEEN HERE IN THE US, I mean why are we taking over countries? Drugs and or resources! Wake up people! What’s the Middle East known for? Seriously... poppy has been a money market for our government for a long time! Drugs and Arms!? Our leaders have been a part of the problem if not the sole problem for our woes! Stop blaming others and look inside yourself for the Truth! Turn the damn tv off and really think about what you know to be true!

BIG PHARMA loves to get you hooked on opioids then when you cannot afford them or Dr won’t give you anymore after you are already ADDICTED then guess what, heroin is the only option and it’s easily obtainable on the streets in every city!! Ask a Heroin addict if building a wall will stop the influx!! We have billboards with liquor and beer lights flashing. I feel for the alcoholic in this country I really do. You cannot get away from toxins... other than saying NO THANKS!!!

I have lost many to this lack of just moments of darkness or loss spiritual essence. The world around us with stress compromises the individuals integrity and one becomes addicted within a week. The biggest drug dealer is your Dr. so build a wall between your loved ones and them unless they truly want to help heal your body without toxins!

The addict turns to what they know for comfort and believe me if heroin somehow left this earth they’d find something to replace it.

Mans need for external gratification will never end until he ends.

posted on Jan, 19 2019 @ 09:16 AM
link   

Sorry to hear of your problems, but a wall will have no effect on the drugs trade.

www.politifact.com...

Several experts cast doubt on the wall’s potential effect. They noted that much of the illegal drugs coming into the United States arrive through legal ports of entry and that smugglers also use other tools that a wall wouldn’t stop (even catapults). Illicit drugs also flow from the northern border and through the mail from China.

The real motivation for the wall is to try to maintain a majority population of European Whites. That is a stupid reason because with their low and falling birth rate European Whites will soon be a minority anyway.

The wall is a waste of time and money.

posted on Jan, 19 2019 @ 09:52 AM
link   
Very Sad, a young life ending so needlessly.
Hopefully you and your wife take some comfort that your step-son is in re-hab, rather then on the streets, when he heard about the death of his friend. Hopefully this time he finds the strength to quit for good. Sending prayers to you all...

Build the Wall, it's a GOOD thing for soo many reasons, slowing down the flow of deadly drugs is just one, open boarders are not healthy for kids/youth on either side of the boarder.

posted on Jan, 19 2019 @ 09:59 AM
link   
IAMTAT, I'm sorry to hear about all your losses due to drug overdoses. It is tragic when someone dies suddenly and unnecessarily. It makes it worse when they are worse. Unfortunately, building the wall will make no difference at all. Drugs will find a way into the country no matter what. Why? Because they are highly profitable. Even the CIA allowed planeloads of coc aine to fly into the country in the 1980s in order to fund the Contras. It's a great source of dark money, thus its appeal even to government agencies that want to escape accountability. What will save lives, however, is to eliminate prohibition and stop all the nonsense that is proven to be ineffective. A major reason for overdoses is that illegal substances are not regulated and there is no oversight at all at what a person is doing behind closed doors. Another reason is the lack of drug education and honest discourse about drug use. We can never stop drug overdoses, but we can approach the problem in ways that will significantly reduce the fallout from illegal drug use. Keep in mind that casual drug users rarely die, and most people that do drugs do not become addicted to them. So it is a problem that we can win if we approach the matter intelligently and with compassion. Nobody wants to be an addict. Nobody wants to overdose. They can be helped. The wall will not help though. I guarantee it.

posted on Jan, 19 2019 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Man, that's rough. Sorry that you and your family have to go through that.

I live in Ohio, we're #2 in the nation for opiod OD deaths. It's a sad reality, that those who don't understand what powerful addiction that opiods have, will never understand.

I hope your Stepson finds his way out of it. Truly.

posted on Jan, 19 2019 @ 10:09 AM
link   
While I'm sorry for your loss OP, keep in mind that building the wall will probably even barely put a dent in the problem. People wandering across open spaces of the border and climbing fences is not how the majority of drugs make it here. Perhaps the most small-time of drug operations do that. It's a multi billion dollar industry. Those who engage in selling drugs can afford much better methods. Drones, boats, subs, helicopters, ports of entry, and so on.

Building a wall to stop drugs from coming into the U.S. is like building a sand castle to stop an incoming tide. This is just another topic Trump has bamboozled his followers into believing is reality. When 70 or 80 billion has been spent to build the wall, and the drugs are still flowing.. what then?

posted on Jan, 19 2019 @ 10:19 AM
link   
a reply to: tabularosa

Unfortunately, there is a ridiculous amount of money in drugs. Every stage of them. From the making to the supposed cure.

There is no incentive in stopping the use of recreational drugs.

Too many people making way too much money.

posted on Jan, 19 2019 @ 10:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT
We've been fighting my stepson's own heroin addiction with him for years...he's currently in rehab...for the fourth or fifth time and he's currently struggling.
My stepson is 26...and his mother and I have been trying to deal with the reality that at any time we may get a call that he has OD'd.

So, today, we found out his best friend just OD'd and died.
Over the past few years our son has lost at least 5 friends to drug overdoses...all in their 20's.
Last year his girlfriend OD'd.
ALSO last year, my 25 yr old nephew OD'd.
He was such a sweet and good young man...loved by many.

90% of the drugs coming into this country come across the US southern border...and drug cartels are getting fat and rich while our children die at an insanely-increasing rate.

And while those drugs keep pouring in killing our kids like never before...Nancy Pelosi and her 'do-nothing dems' are still F'ing around taking frivolous trips & vacations, lobbying for big bucks and sipping mohitos in Puerto Rico.

BUILD THE FKING WALL, A$$HOLES!

Seems like a lot of people who make really poopy choices are coming up with equally poopy reasons to blame it on immigrants. Sorry for your loss but NO WALL.
edit on 19-1-2019 by TzarChasm because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2019 @ 10:39 AM
link   
a reply to: NightSkyeB4Dawn
Especially law enforcement. I wonder how much the private prison industry rakes in with drug arrests.

posted on Jan, 19 2019 @ 11:05 AM
link   
It's more that the CIA is flooding the US with heroin after HW Bush invaded Afghanistan, took control of their poppy fields, and started shipping it over and selling it to us.

A wall is not gonna stop the CIA from selling drugs, or arms, or children. We need to get rid of the CIA.

Build a wall, fine, but lets get rid of the CIA first.

posted on Jan, 19 2019 @ 11:22 AM
link   
How will a wall stop drug trafficking? I'm in Britain, we have the sea surrounding us and just as bad problems with heroin addiction.
I imagine most of your drugs come into the country the same way most do in the UK, through regular entry points, smuggled in trucks or shipping containers.
I'd invest 'the wall' budget in rehab services and focus on the root of the addictions. A wall will make no difference to the supply of drugs, just mildly inconvenience the drug dealers.

posted on Jan, 19 2019 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Sorry to hear. I deal with drugs, o.d.'s, over-medicating patients and their prescribers every day. We need to stop blaming the drugs, guns, cars, alcohol, machettes, ball bats...anything used or misused and abused.
It's not the inaminate's fault. It's people's fault.....

It's not a drugs faults, a bullet manufacturers, a car or truck used for-ill-will-truck/car bombs-ramming crowds....it's none of the means-used fault. It's people. With drugs its like the alcohol ban/prohibition days. People still drank, got drunk, killed themselves and others.

A single wall in a single part of the world solves nothing in the overall distribution of things. Some? Yes. All and every? No. People will always find a way...around, over, under, from Canada down...an even making them themselves like with prohibition days.

I was attracted to this thread by the "Build the wall already!" suggestion. That's really a limited view of how things work, how big and diverse the world and ways are to get to those issues.

I'm sure sadly we'll see with a "wall" built anywhere...and 90% of all drugs comming into ports via containers...that people will still o.d., still die, still find ways...

The "wall" is not a Messiah come to save people. It won't...we've got to change "people", their desires, their beliefs, giving them alternatives and answers to address the reasons man-does-to-man what he does.

I guarantee you...my 911 calls will still come, we'll still respond to o.d.'s, lose some, save some...and go back to save or lose...wall or no wall. No "lack of wall" or "new wall" will fix things...in fact, o.d.'s may very well increase by newer mixtures, homemades, and from other countries than we see now.

The Great Wall of China, Solomon's Temple, the Berlin Wall, the Walls of Jerrico...in the end? Each made little difference as we look back. Neither will a single divider between 2 counties, on a continent 2,000 or so miles long.

Sorry again for all who lost someone. We always respond to save, but we can't always....

EMT/Advanced Life Support

(post by silvermedic removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Jan, 19 2019 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Legalize *'___'* treatment to deal with addiction. It may not help ALL addicts who are driving the supply and demand in the first place, BUT, attempting to get these folks off of the bad stuff with a meaningful treatment / ritual to go deep into the subconscious where the root of the problem or emotional block is.
edit on 19-1-2019 by Dutch947 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2019 @ 01:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Bloodworth

I wouldn’t say so, people will always find a way

posted on Jan, 19 2019 @ 01:37 PM
link   
you have a pm tat.

edit on 19-1-2019 by zazzafrazz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2019 @ 01:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
Don't you think it's time for the junkies to take personal responsibility for their own lives?

Always looking for a scapegoat to place the blame on rather than their own scumbag oh poor me, lifestyle.

How very modern liberal of you...

You clearly have a very weak grasp of addiction and trauma. This is why you leftists keep loosing. Because you are morally bankrupt.

posted on Jan, 19 2019 @ 03:08 PM
link   
So, with 90% of heroin coming in through ports of entry, the solution to the opioid problem is to build a wall that will have absolutely no impact on the vast majority of heroin trafficking?

Please explain.

posted on Jan, 19 2019 @ 03:17 PM
link   
It would be nice if the whole of the public could vote wall or no wall so it would not be held as a political agenda.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join