It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Stepson's Best Friend OD'd Today--Build The Damn Wall NOW!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2019 @ 09:52 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT
Walls won't help. There are things called tunnels.

There are also ports where stuff can be smuggled in shipping containers. That's been going on since 1990, if not before.

Then, think of the impact it would have on the ecosystem. We're talking about our life-support system here-the very thing that allows us to be able to live (dead matter nurturing and enriching the soil-allowing plants to grow, plants breathing out oxygen, which we need to breathe, etc) Here's an example of how making species go extinct can affect other things as well:

It could also violate a treaty.;not that the US has a really good track record of honoring treaties or anything, so it wouldn't be anything new.

There are also Indian reservations (nations unto themselves) along the border.
The residents don't want it. It will violate their nation's sovereignty.

The wall is a bad idea all the way around. Instead, why not go after the cause of the problem? The CIA was busted smuggling coke during the crack epidemic. If they did it then, I wouldn't doubt they're doing it now. Hell, US troops over in Afghanistan are guarding poppy fields!

posted on Jan, 18 2019 @ 09:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKWO1Phot
You don't need a wall to stop OD's.
We need all drugs to be legalised. The only reason people OD is because there is no standard.
One week it's cut with brick dust the next it's cut with Fentynl.

Legalisation is the answer. Class A's at a pharmacy. Class B + C at coffee shops like Amsterdam.

KNOW WHAT?...Drugs are as good as 'legal' already...and kids are still dropping like flies.

Right now...in any city or town...regardless of whether you're rich or poor...it's as easy for a drug addict to get their fix...as it is for you to run down to the 7/11 to buy a six pack.

Ask any cop.

posted on Jan, 18 2019 @ 09:55 PM
link   
Sorry for your loss, by the way. That sucks monkey balls.

posted on Jan, 18 2019 @ 10:01 PM
link   

I agree with legalization.

I grew up in a country that it was legal, and prostitution.
Right from the start of our preteen years it wasn't seen as the "forbidden fruit".
One of our history teachers actually took us to a drug bar in Amsterdam (can you even imagine that happening in the US?)
He was a the best teacher ever. He showed us, it wasn't a big deal, take a look inside, nothing special, move along. None
of us got caught up in drugs. none
I wish with all my heart that our kids could experience that.

posted on Jan, 18 2019 @ 10:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT
We've been fighting my stepson's own heroin addiction with him for years...he's currently in rehab...for the fourth or fifth time and he's currently struggling.
My stepson is 26...and his mother and I have been trying to deal with the reality that at any time we may get a call that he has OD'd.

So, today, we found out his best friend just OD'd and died.
Over the past few years our son has lost at least 5 friends to drug overdoses...all in their 20's.
Last year his girlfriend OD'd.
ALSO last year, my 25 yr old nephew OD'd.
He was such a sweet and good young man...loved by many.

90% of the drugs coming into this country come across the US southern border...and drug cartels are getting fat and rich while our children die at an insanely-increasing rate.

And while those drugs keep pouring in killing our kids like never before...Nancy Pelosi and her 'do-nothing dems' are still F'ing around taking frivolous trips & vacations, lobbying for big bucks and sipping mohitos in Puerto Rico.

BUILD THE FKING WALL, A$$HOLES!

My gosh, TAT...don't even know what to say but, I have kids in their twenties...don't even want to think about what you're going through happening to them.....all I can say is I'm imagining sending you and your wife and son love and light.

Yes, build that Fing WALL NOW!!

You need it, Pelosi, Schumer, Democrat Devils be damned!

posted on Jan, 18 2019 @ 10:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm

I agree with legalization.

I grew up in a country that it was legal, and prostitution.
Right from the start of our preteen years it wasn't seen as the "forbidden fruit".
One of our history teachers actually took us to a drug bar in Amsterdam (can you even imagine that happening in the US?)
He was a the best teacher ever. He showed us, it wasn't a big deal, take a look inside, nothing special, move along. None
of us got caught up in drugs. none
I wish with all my heart that our kids could experience that.

I understand.
I have no problem with pot....but did your teacher show you people shooting heroin?

posted on Jan, 18 2019 @ 10:13 PM
link   
a reply to: CanadianMason

Thanks, CM.
You're ALRIGHT...for a Canuck.

posted on Jan, 18 2019 @ 10:42 PM
link   

That sux, it must be very difficult for you to deal with, my best mate died of a heroin overdose when he was 21,i remember well all the events that led to his death and I also knew his parents well and the impact it had on them and his brother.

There's no easy solution for addiction it seems certain personality types are drawn to it.

I don't think focusing on the wall will help, the reality is where there is demand there is supply, no wall will stop drugs coming in, people keep bringing up prisons as an example of walls that work, well they certainly keep the inmates in they don't stop the drugs and other contraband getting in.

I hope by some miracle things change and your boy is able to recover from addiction and have a chance at life, I feel for you.

posted on Jan, 18 2019 @ 11:02 PM
link   
TAT, my man, I am so terribly sorry to hear what you're going through. I know someone who's gone through a similar addiction and has come out the other side and now has a hold on their life and where they are going. It was not the same substance, but it was still one of those that gets a hold and does not want to let go. I hope you never get that phone call that you're dreading and instead can receive them from your step son on updates with what new thing he has to look forward to in his life.

To the imbeciles talking about tunnels and why a wall isn't effective against them, the wall would provide the necessary infrastructure upon which to place these magnificent sensors called seimsometers. These instruments can detect extremely tiny movement in and beneath the ground. Along with these, are ground penetrating radar, and a host of other technologies which would also be included along the length of the wall thus increasing the probability of interception.

Anyone who is for the wall knows without doubt or reservation that it will not stop 100% of either drugs or unauthorized human access. Only the simpletons who oppose the wall use this as an argument in their pitifully ignorant attempts to vilify an in animate object with a specific purpose.

If one supplier is short their usual delivery and one addict manages to miss that next fix and instead is able to get some help they might have otherwise missed, then a difference has been made in the lives of more than just that one person.

The intransigent democrats were for it before Trump got in the office of the president and now that he is trying to make them actually do their jobs, but you and I both know that the Republicans have had the opportunity in the past to do something about our porous southern border for a long time too and so there is more than enough blame to go around for many members of congress who have been there for all of those decades that this has been an issue.

I pray for you and your family, my friend and for everyone else who has been negatively impacted because our politicians can't seem to figure out how, or, more correctly, find the will, to protect our country.

posted on Jan, 18 2019 @ 11:06 PM
link   

Tat, you post made me call a child to check on a grandson who has been struggling with the same problem. He is 90 days free. Still I worry.

His father made him cook heroin when he was a teen (no clue what that does) and told my grandson he was just like him.

My ex son in law got a large inheritance after his father died and he is now homeless.

My heart breaks for you and others who have to deal with the reality of drugs purposely being allowed into our country from those who have no concious and no care about the lives destroyed.

You and your family are on my heart.

posted on Jan, 18 2019 @ 11:13 PM
link   

I understand. I have no problem with pot....but did your teacher show you people shooting heroin?

I know there were drugs being done other than pot, I know for certain, I don't know if it was heroin at that time.
I think because of their stand on drugs they are able to help people in ways we don't. Some of the ways they help would be super controversial to Americans. I guess it is easier for Americans to see kids dying than to swallow some morality..

btw. super sorry to hear about your stepson and family, unfortunately there are very few families that haven't been touched by it lately (mine included). It is at crisis levels in our area, and we are in the country where stuff like this normally doesn't happen. People out here have no clue how to deal with it.

www.cleveland.com...
"Public-health experts in the Netherlands say free distribution is one reason that drug-related deaths are far less common than in the United States. The program also has reduced crime and improved the quality of life for many users, according to Ellen van den Hoogen, who runs the clinic.

Is it an answer for the United States, where the opioid epidemic continues to claim more than 100 lives every day? Maybe it should be, said van den Hoogen. "It's been an enormous success. I think it would work elsewhere."

posted on Jan, 18 2019 @ 11:34 PM
link   

That is very sad. I'm sorry to hear about it. There are so many people affected by drugs. I am afraid that the deeper problem is the lack of inner soul attunement. The more materialistic our society becomes, the further away from the inner life it becomes. The souls of the people cry out for help, but all we give them is a 12 step program and methadone.
But yes we need the wall too.

posted on Jan, 18 2019 @ 11:37 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

Im sorry, Im not buying it. Suddenly the media is telling us that its better to have "injection sites" so that these people can inject in a safe place. Oh yah that and they want to legalize it.

posted on Jan, 18 2019 @ 11:40 PM
link   

My high school showed us films of people taken on stretchers and how it was to OD. It was the best deterrent. That was quite some time ago.

posted on Jan, 18 2019 @ 11:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: ThirdEyeofHorus

Im sorry, Im not buying it. Suddenly the media is telling us that its better to have "injection sites" so that these people can inject in a safe place. Oh yah that and they want to legalize it.

The injection rooms not only keep dirty needles off the street but they prevent people dying from overdose as help is close at hand, you don't want to see junkies dying in the streets do you?

posted on Jan, 18 2019 @ 11:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Skid Mark

They have to build the walls and blow up the tunnels as they find them. All this "walls wont work" stuff is just Open Borders propaganda.

posted on Jan, 18 2019 @ 11:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

originally posted by: ThirdEyeofHorus

The injection rooms not only keep dirty needles off the street but they prevent people dying from overdose as help is close at hand, you don't want to see junkies dying in the streets do you?

No, I don't of course. But this is like saying, oh what the hey lets just make it easier for people to do it. Unfortunately, as I have said, the loss of the inner self is a much deeper cause of people trying to escape reality and a cold cruel world. That and the CIA drug running with cartels stuff. I know Im not the only one who thinks its a bad idea www.redmond-reporter.com...
edit on 18-1-2019 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2019 @ 11:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Pandaram

These are bunch of junkies.. if there is a wall or tunnel. they will die soon.

Remember, how millions of Americans killed off by germs brought in by invaders? Similar stuff happening right now.. history is repeating it self. So building a wall in someone country is rather stupid.. use the cash to buy more stash.

Wow. What a dick. Screw the citizens we need more things that hurt our country. I believe you describe the exact platform that the Progressives are running on.

posted on Jan, 19 2019 @ 12:20 AM
link   
The drugs come from SOUTH of the border, but enter at entry points, according to our own Border Security people, not something the wall is designed to stop. And most of the fentanyl, which is added to the drugs, making them much more dangerous, comes from China.
Walls are somewhat effective, but we've been overcoming them for centuries. Here's an article by a Wall Expert, an engineer with specific wall training, that spells out why any wall on the border becomes a giant joke and money drain that would be better spent on our shorthanded and funded border security, where there might be 3 guys covering over 20 miles of border, which isn't flat and easily observed
www.thepoke.co.uk...

Foolish people will find something else if they want to get high anyway. Huffing easily found materials in any store, black market Oxy, home made meth.... if there is a demand, there will be a supply. It's about foolish people and people willing to make money off them.
edit on 19-1-2019 by jaxnmarko because: added info.

posted on Jan, 19 2019 @ 01:02 AM
link   
a reply to: ThirdEyeofHorus

Addiction is an illness and should be treated as such, it's not about making it easier it's about providing help for a sick person.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join