It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

EU's Tusk suggests the UK should cancel Brexit after historic defeat for Theresa May

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2019 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Meanwhile Juncker says the EU is planning for no deal Brexit.
Don't blame the EU if you don't get it done. It's entirely up to your own politicians.

posted on Jan, 18 2019 @ 11:26 AM
link   
a reply to: djz3ro

I'm not saying anything. Do you speak on behalf of all remainers. You certainly seem to think so. I'm no actor, you are - hypocrite indeed. I said nothing, not one word about people who want to remain, not a word. You're projecting again.

I know the leave campaign said they'd honour the vote, remainers thought they couldn't lose. Wrong. Now we have to deal with people like you, pathalogically incapable of seeing things how they are.
Stay in your anti-democratic mindset. Why bother voting at all, we should just ask you for the answer.

Go back and read my response again, context never sits well with remainers......

Before you insult me again and read something into my reply that isn't there, at least have your bona-fides in order.

edit on 11/10/2012 by Joneselius because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2019 @ 11:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

No Deal suits many of us just fine mate.

Just think of all those poor German car workers who will be made redundant if they aren't allowed to sell their cars in the UK.

If worst comes to the worst think of the implications of no UK holidaymakers and tourists in countries like Spain, Portugal, Greece, France etc.
No weekend trippers to Amsterdam, Krakow, Prague etc.

Doom and gloom for all of us if they don't pull their collective fingers out.

posted on Jan, 18 2019 @ 11:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

I'm absolutely fine with no deal. That's all just fear propaganda because your elite wants to remain.
The world won't stop spinning.
After the end of May's deal all you have left is no deal or remain. Pick your poison.

I'd like to add that there are a few jokes in there if you remain after all the drama. Expect to be called drama queens a lot. The exiteers of the Brexit. Pull out Michaels...

edit on 18-1-2019 by Peeple because: Add

Haha, or: the tracks stop half way who was it? A Brit.

edit on 18-1-2019 by Peeple because: Another add

posted on Jan, 19 2019 @ 04:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

I agree with the need for regional autonomy.. Someone suggested the other day that there should be a regional authority in command of 'the North' just as Scotland & Wales have their own regional control. I haven't heard of a better idea coming from a politician since, well, ever. The only question remaining is - just who, will be the 'King in the North'..? Andy Burnham perhaps? He seems a decent bloke, but I haven't actually investigated his activities, I'm doing the lame thing of responding to his TV persona.

As for all those who claim that the 'leavers regretted it & now want to remain'... I voted remain, out of fear, and within a week I realised how bloody fortunate we were to have voted leave. If I could vote again, I would vote leave. In addition, I have newfound love & respect for the English Channel..

This whole situation has also laid bare just how snivelling & snide a certain Labour party leader actually is. Before the referendum, too many of the kids considered him the cool choice for Britain. Now, I suspect, many of them have had their eyes opened to his real agenda. I was never a 'Conservative' before, but I have now discovered that in most respects I am a conservative, with a small 'c'. Despite my anger at some of the more draconian Conservative policies (particularly in terms of the punitive social crap connected to Universal Credit failings forcing people, even the 'working poor', such as nurses & carers, to use foodbanks, etc) - I have come to admire Conservative MPs in far greater measure than Labour MPs, who seem to say the most ridiculous things when they're on TV, even at times when they really, really should know better/ should have prepared better/ should have sent a different Labour MP to do the interview.

As one comedic example, Diane Abbot, I'm looking at you...

posted on Jan, 19 2019 @ 08:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: FlyInTheOintment

As for all those who claim that the 'leavers regretted it & now want to remain'... I voted remain, out of fear, and within a week I realised how bloody fortunate we were to have voted leave. If I could vote again, I would vote leave. In addition, I have newfound love & respect for the English Channel..

I have been saying that in many threads, much to the disbelief of the

staunch remainers. And on shows such as Question Time when the subject

comes up the reactions are the same, However I have found it to be the

case.

This whole situation has also laid bare just how snivelling & snide a certain Labour party leader actually is. Before the referendum, too many of the kids considered him the cool choice for Britain. Now, I suspect, many of them have had their eyes opened to his real agenda.

Lol!! I can confirm that. When he said he would get rid of student fees my

grandaughter was all over and on social media with *JC4PM* well if there had

been an election that week....... he would have been PM now!!!! '
'

I was never a 'Conservative' before, but I have now discovered that in most respects I am a conservative, with a small 'c'. Despite my anger at some of the more draconian Conservative policies

I'm a bit concerned with what is going on at the moment as they all seem to

be going for what is easiest ... I dont want what is easiest I want what is best

Earn their salaries for once.

As one comedic example, Diane Abbot, I'm looking at you...

' '
'

posted on Jan, 22 2019 @ 10:56 PM
link   
Forgive another question from the Yank...
, or maybe not
--depending upon who you are...

But, assuming for a moment, Britain does exit the EU, how does this effect the EU?
edit on 1/23/2019 by seagull because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2019 @ 03:31 AM
link   
a reply to: FlyInTheOintment

having discovered you are a tory with a small C

that parties policies have actually increased the UK's mortality rate , so not sure why anyone would vote for more death

Dont go from a small c to a big C , because then you default add 3 more letters

edit on 23-1-2019 by sapien82 because: (no reason given)

edit on 23-1-2019 by sapien82 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2019 @ 04:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: seagull
Forgive another question from the Yank...
, or maybe not
--depending upon who you are...

But, assuming for a moment, Britain does exit the EU, how does this effect the EU?

There are many reasons I'll start with one, finance ......

The EU consists of (before we leave) 28 countries of which the top four

countries contribute 60% of the budget and the UK is the second largest

contributer.

Twenty four countries supported by four?

www.statista.com...

Leaving a large hole in the budget

edit on 23-1-2019 by eletheia because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2019 @ 05:46 AM
link   
a reply to: FlyInTheOintment

- I have come to admire Conservative MPs in far greater measure than Labour MPs, who seem to say the most ridiculous things when they're on TV, even at times when they really, really should know better/ should have prepared better/ should have sent a different Labour MP to do the interview. As one comedic example, Diane Abbot, I'm looking at you...

Agreed. Diane Abbot on Question Time last week was a hoot. She obviously hated being sat next to Isobel Oakshott.

Also, watched John McDonnell on Newsnight last night. Kirsty tied him up in knots very easily and it was obvious that the man has no clue about Brexit (or anything else, come to think of it) and that he was completely out of his depth. His depth, I would say, would be right at the start of the shallow end of the pool. With water wings on, just to be on the safe side.

posted on Jan, 23 2019 @ 06:05 AM
link   
I hope the UK leaves with no deal...

...mainly just because I am curious to see what happens.

posted on Jan, 23 2019 @ 06:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: IndyFront
I hope the UK leaves with no deal...

...mainly just because I am curious to see what happens.

Well I'm sure Spain France and Italy will still wish to keep selling their fruit, veg

wine, cheese and miscellaneous goods and perishable goods to us, because due to

how long it takes the EU to make trade deals (7 to 10 years) and UK is among the

top markets for such goods....

In the World Bank's ranking, the largest economy is the United States, followed by China, Japan, Germany and the United Kingdom.

And Germany?? If they dont want to sell us their cars wont they be 'cutting off their

noses to spite their face'?

The largest market for German car manufacturers were the USA with an import value of roughly 26.9 billion euros. In comparison, the United Kingdom's car imports from Germany amounted to 25 billion euros.

Summer Vacations?? Spain and their Islands, Italy, Greece, Spain, Portugal

traditional for British holidaymakers quite a slice of their incomes?? their bread

and butter in fact......

Dont want them?? OK.....Its just as cheap now for long haul Mexico, Goa/India,

and Dubia will benefit.

edit on 23-1-2019 by eletheia because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2019 @ 06:52 AM
link   
a reply to: IndyFront

You like watching train wrecks, then?

posted on Jan, 23 2019 @ 07:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: oldcarpy
a reply to: IndyFront

You like watching train wrecks, then?

the whole thing is a train wreck hahaha ! not just no deal brexit

brexitocalypse, breixtastrophy , brexit-syndrome !

brexitFUBAR

posted on Jan, 23 2019 @ 07:46 AM
link   
a reply to: sapien82

Brex#.

posted on Jan, 23 2019 @ 07:51 AM
link   
Looks like that word is not allowed on here. Merde!

posted on Jan, 23 2019 @ 08:10 AM
link   
a reply to: oldcarpy

Brexmerde' , BrexScheisse, Brexmierda

posted on Jan, 23 2019 @ 08:20 AM
link   
a reply to: oldcarpy

Brex#.

It's a good job nothing interesting ever happens in S#horpe....the auto censor would burn out!

posted on Jan, 23 2019 @ 08:47 AM
link   
my opnion is - that this farce demonstates that the UK needs brexit more than ever

no deal - is the last option - and we can survive it

if the EU wants to go the road of vindictive spitefull tarrifs , taxes and obstructionism

they will wake up to find that one UK company has 90% of a strategic industry they cannot live without - in thier pocket

my solution = start again - and elect // appolint a new brexit commission - that actually knows what its doing

and negotiate properly - untill we have an equitable brexit - that will put us on par with norway and the swiss federation

we are NOT dependant on EU legislations and protections of our rights - we the UK banned slavery unilartally - and manage the race relations act [ 1973 ] with no EU meddling - and scores of other rights - by ourselve

that said - we should keep a lot of EU law - sinply because our existing legislation is hopelessly out of date - having had no review // updates - so rather than draft updated laws - just keep the EU ones

mays " deal " - is a bad - that fooking baldric could have done a better job - which says it all

posted on Jan, 23 2019 @ 09:10 AM
link   
a reply to: ignorant_ape

aye at this stage im just waiting on someone from the back bench to say " hang on m'lord , I've got ay cunning plan"

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join