It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

EU's Tusk suggests the UK should cancel Brexit after historic defeat for Theresa May

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2019 @ 08:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: eletheia

originally posted by: ManFromEurope
Okay, but there is simply no problem:

IF the people want to leave the EU, there is no risk in having a second voting.
But this time, it should be made "legally binding", not as the first version where it was legally not-binding.

That way you could have a firm base on peoples votes, peoples choices.

Because everyone saw the lies uncloaking after the last one But that is a thing which could be determined with a Second Voting.

Unless you are afraid of the results. And chose to ignore the lies leading to the first vote.

Typical europhile reply keep voting till you get the answer the politicians want!!!

Comments like this just further prove my point. It really doesn't add anything to the discussion and exists only as an attempt to belittle another member. It's pathetic really.

posted on Jan, 18 2019 @ 08:26 AM
link   
a reply to: djz3ro

Actually the only reason that people don't want another referendum is they're scared too many people have changed their minds and the result is Remain but by a far higher majority than Leave did.

Wrong.

This has been explained to you repeatedly yet you still seem intent on peddling this bollocks.

I thought you were far better than that.

And please stop trying to play the racist card, its lame and it reeks of Snowflakeness!

posted on Jan, 18 2019 @ 08:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: Joneselius
You seem to be suffering from the same delusion that most remainers have, you're incapable of seeing the people who voted as intelligent, capable minded people. That's your flaw, stop projecting.

You seem to be suffering from the same delusion that most leavers have, you're incapable of seeing the people who voted remain as intelligent, capable minded people. That's your flaw, stop projecting

See that makes just as much sense. Stop being a hypocrite.

posted on Jan, 18 2019 @ 08:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: midiconThe only reason that there are calls for another referendum is that the last one didn't achieve the expected result. .... What is the point of having a referendum if the result is going to be ignored?

exactly.

posted on Jan, 18 2019 @ 08:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Freeborn

Actually the only reason that people don't want another referendum is they're scared too many people have changed their minds and the result is Remain but by a far higher majority than Leave did.

Wrong.

This has been explained to you repeatedly yet you still seem intent on peddling this bollocks.

I thought you were far better than that.

And please stop trying to play the racist card, its lame and it reeks of Snowflakeness!

Hahaha you thought I was better than that, funny I was thinking the same of you.

Was that selective quoting or did you click reply before you read the following part, where i said...

originally posted by: djz3ro

See I have an opinion too but it is also wrong.

Oh I see, you didn't bother to read that. Thought so.

I know it's wrong. I pointed that out. My goodness...
edit on 18/1/19 by djz3ro because: Spacing

posted on Jan, 18 2019 @ 08:40 AM
link   

Sorry mate but you're in denial. There are most definitely Racist groups in the UK, correct?

Those groups, en mass, would have voted leave, correct?

There are people out there who voted for Brexit for racist reasons, I unfollowed a couple of people on Facebook who did and if I know two there are certainly more.

I'm not making the mistake of painting all remainers as racist or all remainers as anything. I'm aware of the individual reasons people voted for or against Brexit.

posted on Jan, 18 2019 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Some people voted either way for no doubt stupid reasons but in the end given the numbers involved it all comes out in the wash.

posted on Jan, 18 2019 @ 08:48 AM
link   

Not at my best today.

And a bit sick of being told I'm wrong and that I didn't know what I voted for, that I'm a racist retard, blah blah blah.

I really think its about time I took a couple of days away from all this bollocks.

Any suggestions as to where I can disappear to for a short while free from the internet, newspapers and television....and preferably people?

posted on Jan, 18 2019 @ 08:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

Mars?

posted on Jan, 18 2019 @ 08:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: ErrorErrorError

originally posted by: Spacespider
Tusk just gave the middelfinger to democracy and the english people.
EU think it can dictate the world

How? No one is forcing you to stay.
It's your incompetent politicians that are to blaim.
Tusk is only adding fuel to the fire.
You know, the same thing your country has been doing for hundreds of years all around the globe. The same your country has been doing when you guys were members of the EU.
Taste your own medicine for once.

The vote have been cast, is what I am saying.. the people voted to leave EU.

posted on Jan, 18 2019 @ 08:58 AM
link   

Not at my best today.

And a bit sick of being told I'm wrong and that I didn't know what I voted for, that I'm a racist retard, blah blah blah.

I really think its about time I took a couple of days away from all this bollocks.

Any suggestions as to where I can disappear to for a short while free from the internet, newspapers and television....and preferably people?

Sorry for being so harsh dude. I don't think you're racist and you're one of the people I've been thinking about when I've been speaking about people in different parts of the country having different reasons for voting which ever way they voted. There are people on here I have no doubt voted Leave intelligently, yourself, oldcarpy, Cornish are a few. I enjoy discussing this with you guys because, not only do I learn something but you guys listen and don't just stick your fingers in your ears then go on repeating the same talking points.

I highly recommend The Silver Sands of Morar

posted on Jan, 18 2019 @ 09:01 AM
link   

It is well documented that the EU likes to get their way, and are partial

to revotes till they get the result they want.......

Ireland
Denmark
France
Netherlands
Norway
And I think Spain and greece

www.bbc.co.uk...

What's the point of pussy footing around facts?

posted on Jan, 18 2019 @ 09:02 AM
link   
a reply to: oldcarpy

At least there'd be no hipsters or snowflakes there, but the trip home would be a bit of a ball ache!

posted on Jan, 18 2019 @ 09:04 AM
link   

hahaha aye Scotland !

just 20 minutes ootside glasgow and there's nae # for miles !

just dress warm its meant to snow for a month !

how about here free

mathorn of mabie

sat here for three days staring at a fire and it healed my soul !

posted on Jan, 18 2019 @ 09:20 AM
link   

Sorry for being so harsh dude.

There's absolutely no need to apologise and you weren't harsh mate....Trust me, I'm not that easily offended.

That place looks amazing, as does the place sapien linked to....my visits to Scotland have been more or less limited to Glasgow, Edinburgh, Ayr and Kelso.

posted on Jan, 18 2019 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Maybe juist get yourself out for some camping in nature, I find that when living in a city and dealing with society becomes too much its good to go primal and just sit and stare at a fire with friends with some beer and have fun!
Always makes you feel human again !

posted on Jan, 18 2019 @ 09:55 AM
link   

edit on 18-1-2019 by Motorhead because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2019 @ 10:00 AM
link   

The only reason that could perhaps justify a second referendum is if there was a fundamental change in the EU. I see you bring up the racist nonsense. Of course certain groups will vote with that mind set, who cares? That's just the way it is in life. I voted for Scottish independence but I'm not calling for a second referendum because I didn't like the result, instead I accept it, it's called democracy.

edit on 18-1-2019 by midicon because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2019 @ 10:44 AM
link   
a reply to: midicon

It's not democracy when one nation with a higher total voting electorate holds another nation with a much smaller voting electorate to ransom !

posted on Jan, 18 2019 @ 10:56 AM
link   
Exactly as I have foreseen.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join