It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Another muslim arrested for plotting another terror attack in The USA.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Hasher Jallal Taheb, 21, of Cumming, Georgia, was arrested Wednesday following a yearlong investigation by the FBI.
An FBI agent's affidavit says 21-year-old Hasher Jallal Taheb of Cumming, Georgia, was arrested in a sting Wednesday after he traded his car for weapons. He's charged with attempting to damage or destroy a building owned by the U.S. using fire or an explosive.

Taheb allegedly told the informant during that since he couldn't travel abroad, he wanted to hit local targets, like the White House and the Statue of Liberty, and intended to be a "martyr." He allegedly told the informant that "jihad" was the best part of Islam, and explained that achieving it wasn't difficult. Taheb revealed at some point during the investigation that he had "hand-drawn sketches" of the White House, and specified areas where the Secret Service and the Department of Homeland Security were located, officials alleged.

U.S. Attorney Byung J. Pak says Taheb planned to use an improvised explosive device and anti-tank rocket.
The affidavit says Taheb planned to die in the attack.
www.cbs46.com...
www.cbs46.com...
www.washingtonpost.com...
www.foxnews.com...

Previously: Middle Eastern migrants have joined the large caravan of mostly Central Americans. cis.org...
www.fox10phoenix.com...

edit on V272019Wednesdaypm31America/ChicagoWed, 16 Jan 2019 18:27:11 -06001 by Violater1 because: hjk,ghv

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Thank goodness they thwarted him, but how close was he to accomplishing his goals ?

On the FBI list for a whole year ?

Many who have been successful at their planned crimes were also on a FBI watch list.

I’m happy this one had a better ending.😕

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 06:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sheye
Thank goodness they thwarted him, but how close was he to accomplishing his goals ?

Many who have been successful at their planned crimes were also on a FBI watch list.

Taheb planned to use an improvised explosive device and anti-tank rocket.
It sounds like they were trying to uncover the source for the rocket.
Hence, taking a year.

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 06:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Violater1

When I read a story like this I don't get an overwhelming sense of a real credible threat. Trading your car for weapons? Not exactly ISIS's version of James Bond. I marvel at how stupid these people are to be honest...

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 06:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Violater1

Hence, taking a year.

That makes sense ! I guess I shouldn’t underestimate how the feds do their jobs.😜

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 06:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheElectricPriest

When I read a story like this I don't get an overwhelming sense of a real credible threat. Trading your car for weapons? Not exactly ISIS's version of James Bond. I marvel at how stupid these people are to be honest...

A well known fact is that you don't have to be smart to pull a trigger.
Nor to fill a pressure cooker full of buck shot and black powder.
Or rent a truck and mow people down.
Or.........

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Or.........

Agreed, that's why stupid people should stick to stupid people tactics rather than trying to get elicit arms that would specifically attract the attention of the FBI. Just sayin...

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Hence, taking a year.

That makes sense ! I guess I shouldn’t underestimate how the feds do their jobs.😜

Yes, it does take time.

Many years ago, while in college, I engaged Resident FBI Agent Ivans (Ret. now).
We had a conversation regarding a campus muslim group acquiring M16's.
They were all there on education visa's. Everything from earning their MD to Engineering.
They are not stupid. And quiet the opposite, equally intelligent.
It take time to build report, and I learned a great deal about their Jihad.
That is why, to this day, I take it personally.
I believe that the above outcome was positive, and never made the news.

edit on V062019Wednesdaypm31America/ChicagoWed, 16 Jan 2019 19:06:52 -06001 by Violater1 because: yujktrs

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Great job FBI. He was probably on watch for so long, to see if he was trying to recruit, or acting alone. Get more than one terrorist. Or It could have been something else.
edit on 16-1-2019 by iplay1up2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 07:43 PM
link   
This is just the price of having Muslims in your country. No big deal.

We all know that the REAL threat is 5'4 Jew named Ben Shapiro. Now, HE is dangerous and we need to riot and spazz out to prevent him from speaking.

/sarc

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Or.........

Agreed, that's why stupid people should stick to stupid people tactics rather than trying to get elicit arms that would specifically attract the attention of the FBI. Just sayin...

Well if they did that they wouldn't be stupid now would they? lol

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 07:57 PM
link   
Im guessing he did not have a rocket for a year.

They began monitoring him a year ago & then arrested him when he agreed to trade for the rocket etc. He likely never took possession & if he did it was rendered inop.

He is just a clown with a plan and a big mouth, that thought he was getting hold of weapons to initiate his plan. Might have done it sure, but no, he was burned, no rocket.

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 08:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Carcharadon

Or.........

Well if they did that they wouldn't be stupid now would they? lol

Ha! Can't say I can argue with that...

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 08:30 AM
link   

Hmmm... I'm going to withhold judgment until I know whether this was the "perp's" idea, or if it was just another sting created out of whole cloth by the FBI for them to "thwart".

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 05:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

I agree with Boadicea on this one. Likely another set up by the feds to make themselves look good in the public eye. Probably just stringing along another idiot Muslim convert that thinks they can get to paradise by killing the infidels.

The FBI shouldn't be involved, just monitor the situation until they can net others in their sting. They might actually find a bigger network of terrorists that way IMO. Easier to play games with the clueless idiots than catch the hard core network apparently.

posted on Jan, 21 2019 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Hasher Jallal Taheb, 21, of Cumming, Georgia, was arrested Wednesday following a yearlong investigation by the FBI.

Year long investigation? More like year long entrapment effort so they could get a PR arrest.

He had zero resources and zero skills, just a vague 'I wanna jihad on somebody's ass' desire.

Total non story being blown way out of proportion.

It should be illegal for law enforcement to entrap people like this.

Understand - I'm not saying the kid didn't have a wire loose. But he was certainly no threat to the WH, more likely to blow himself and some other poor innocent up in a bungled execution attempt.
edit on 21-1-2019 by tanstaafl because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2019 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Problem is they only have to get lucky once. Where the FBI has to be 100 percent to stop it. I agree sounds like he had trouble finding support but it doesn't mean he could have just been extremely lucky. When someone is willing to die in an attack you don't ever want them to start.

new topics

top topics

join