It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What can a scientist in my Star Wars fan fic be working on?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2019 @ 12:47 PM
link   
a reply to: MaxNocerino7

They could work on a preemptive reply to the Empire's cease and desist letter.

posted on Jan, 15 2019 @ 12:52 PM
link   
If it takes place before Star Wars, then might I suggest a machine that detects midichlorians. Perhaps trying to prove that they don't exist?

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Since Star Wars is mostly based in Space...

Here are a couple of space related items... Perhaps researching them for use as a weapon...

The great attractor is one of my favorite mind bogglers.

The Great Attractor

More Info: www.universetoday.com...

Perhaps, The Big Freeze

More Info: www.universetoday.com...

posted on Jan, 27 2019 @ 10:54 PM
link   
I really REALLY like the Guided reciprocating deflector shield but sadly I can’t use it because it would be a major gamechanger. I need something cool but also something that would not drastically alter the main Star Wars storyline.

Do you guys have any other ideas?

posted on Jan, 28 2019 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Copypasta from other thread because I didn't realize it was to be closed:

Speaking as a scientist, they won't be working on a huge problem. They'll be working on something small and it will depend on their area of interest. So they might be working on the "Non-linear effects of the stability of flux drive in micro wormholes" or "social signaling and the way of the warrior among the Aleena" or "Differences in T3-M utilization and microjuncture by ethnicity among the Annoo Dat Prime" or "Applications of Bioorganic Differentiation in Sedimentation Compounds of Kalee Tar Pits".

Basically, go to a science journal in the discipline you're interested and browse. Once you find a title you can Star-Wars-Ify (and change the names of the compounds, etc, to a weird string of 3-4 letters plus a number). Bingo, instant research area.

posted on Jan, 28 2019 @ 01:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: MaxNocerino7
I really REALLY like the Guided reciprocating deflector shield but sadly I can’t use it because it would be a major gamechanger. I need something cool but also something that would not drastically alter the main Star Wars storyline.

Do you guys have any other ideas?

"Interspacial Flux Destabilization in Guided Reciprocating Deflector Shields." Easy-peasey.

posted on Jan, 28 2019 @ 02:00 PM
link   

How the space bombs at the beginning of The Last Jedi were able to fall (in space).

posted on Jan, 28 2019 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Mind inversion technology that allows them to make the writers think characters like Jar Jar Binks are a good idea.

posted on Jan, 28 2019 @ 02:12 PM
link   
A device that automatically scans all known ideas from a person's stored memories in their brain, and immediately finds and detects if they have an idea that is completely original, and hasn't been thought of before.

Also, the ability to detect duplicate threads online.

posted on Jan, 28 2019 @ 02:16 PM
link   

improvements in bacta tank efficiency? better droid power supplies? better translation softwear? more nutrient rich food cubes?

posted on Jan, 28 2019 @ 02:47 PM
link   

The force AKA a field that bind's all living thing's together - sound's kind of quantum in today's world but is also definitely a spiritual context unlike it's later RUINATION and RECREATION for the prequel trilogy - midichlorian's did not exist in the star wars universe unless they were invented for one of the comic book's long after the original trilogy were made in the star wars universe up until that point and were a really lame, stupid and crap idea (but necessary if you were to clone a Jedi or mass produce force users).
But real world - some would deny this as they have not seen it and regard these tales as fantasy.

Mystic's of many religion's including Christianity recorded in history as floating in the air.
A tale supposedly based on a real life account of a monk in Lhasa Tibet in one of the monastery's there, he was supposedly able to walk through solid objects like a ghost but only when in a deep state of trance, one day he walked through a rock wall and never came back out, over a century later some workmen renovating the monastery were demolishing a stone wall and found to there surprise human bone's embedded inside the rock actually embedded in solid stone inside the wall a little like the story about men half in and out of deck plating on the USS Eldridge (Philadelphia experiment) - we are after all mostly made of empty space and of course human observation and therefore mental state is supposed to have a quantum effect upon reality? the Eldridge on the other hand was supposed to be magnetic shielding but apparently if true stumbled onto something much bigger and perhaps more useful - ever heard of UFO's flying through solid matter, flying in the air making no sound like they too are PHASED out of alignment with normal matter so some may be able to do this with there mind's while it may also be possible to osculate matter in such a way using magnetic field's so as to artificially stimulate this affect.

Time machine - not impossible but every past you visited would be a different time stream to the one you came from so in effect you would not be travelling in time but drifting along a quantum gradient into parallel reality's that were slightly behind us in time but were actually different time stream's, travelling forward in time I am afraid you have to do the old fashioned way as that would probably be impossible UNLESS you could anchor yourself to your original time stream but then no matter what you did in the past it would not be recorded in the time stream you originated from anyway - and even then you still could not make a blind jump into the future as it does not actually exist yet - the past does perhaps in some weird quantum way still exist as an ongoing event just in time stream's off center from the locaii of our own point of time observation - imagine it like a parasol on a cocktail with ring's around it, you are on the very tip but around that point in quantum ripples are all the past time event's still ongoing rippling outward across quantum space - the past is just as real as the now as it has not past away except from our perspective, to travel into one of these OTHER time stream's you would have to somehow alter your position to exist not at your former locaii but upon the ring relating to the time period you wanted to go to in the past - BUT you would then not be in your own time space continuum but in a parallel reality, it has lost some quantum amplitude but gained some quantum bandwidth if you catch my gist.

Teleporter, currently quantum information can be teleported but so far NOT matter - as far as we know but who know's what some crazy mad haired lunatic government funded scientists may have done as part of a black budget operation.

Synthesized matter, it may be possible but would require tremendous amount's of energy and a suitable containment and environment for the energy to be coalesced into matter, but of course it would have to simulate the extremely early universe so in effect a portable big bang in a box that did not then expand beyond the box - create it's own time space continuum but was within our own time space and be safe to use - it would have to start with the simplest particles of mass and construct them upward all the way from below the quark up to the atom and then from that up to the molecule and from that up to the finished product all the while managing quantum states - electron fluctuation's and putting the current law's of the universe either on hold or finding some way to use them to it's advantage but it may still be easier than time travel - never say it can't be done because it probably can but not at our mental computational level of thought, even a sentient planet sized quantum computer would struggle with that one.

anDroid's and robot's - we are almost there, we already have non sentient one's.

Black hole gun's, well some have accused Cern of that so it would probably have to be some kind of nuclear reactor powered mini particle accelerator - or at least two of them (to be able to collide the particles at enough speed so that there collision reached the speed of light or at least came as close as they could and something to then be able to project the Mass equal to the universe itself (if a true black hole) or at least a vast of immense proportion's (if a brown hole) to the target.
More likely to see a quantum bomb of some kind - humanity is kind of like a lemming in that sense.

Shrink ray, mass is mostly empty space so why not?.

Freeze ray, come pretty close with a liquid nitrogen squire gun but for a real ray it may be possible but in open world condition's, well that is actually very advanced physics that boggles my mind but you are talking about accelerated entropy of energy in an object reducing it's thermal energy and matter oscillation's down to nearly absolute zero, actually quite dangerous if you think about it imagine a bomb or machine that could rapidly to that to a city, country, planet or even star - inhibiting and even stopping fusion at it's core.

Dyson spheres, possible and not that crazy except they would be immensely costly and time consuming to create in resources and also it may be better to search for a better source of energy than that, quantum energy of some kind - and hope those lemmings do not then run off a cliff with it.

Liquid metal that can be changed to solid and so shape change quite possible - sound's more like advanced nano technology to me.

Hologram's, these are old hat and during the first world war the Kaisers army used magic lantern's to project seemingly 3d images of the holy family over the German trenches to demoralize the Russian's whom were intensely religious.
Still we Brit's bested them with blow up tank's, it was not the Yank's though they did the work as well it was a British magician.
www.cracked.com...
He also created a spinning mirror that when used with powerful search light's disoriented pilot's and prevented the German's from being able to bomb the Suez Canal, very clever guy indeed - this time his audience were the enemy and he knew all the trick's.

posted on Jan, 28 2019 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Well during the Empire era it would probably something military based.

- weapons dev
- faster drives
- droid development
- more stable communication over long distances
- Ship design

Or how about something out of the Aviation forum here on ATS.
www.abovetopsecret.com...
- radar camouflaging paint.
- plasma stealth

And just an FYI. I know someone that worked for Lucas Arts. Whenever he was in meetings with Lucas and Lucas was picking items. Lucas wouldn't necessarily pick things that looked the coolest. He would pick the things that would look really alien. So don't be scared to do something really weird.

posted on Jan, 28 2019 @ 04:05 PM
link   
That list took a lot of wind out of the collective sails of the star wars fandom. Killed some great ideas there.

Anyway my answer would be Force assisted martial arts. Get rid of the light saber, teach kung fu to the Jedi. Its not like a plasma sword was particularly helpful. Now there's a logical reason for all of that cheesy anti gravity fighting you see in the classics.

edit on 28-1-2019 by TzarChasm because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2019 @ 09:25 AM
link   

How about a new Cartographic update for the galactic mapping project?

posted on Feb, 5 2019 @ 08:55 AM
link   

A midichlorian virus, it can remove or enhance overall count.

posted on Feb, 11 2019 @ 10:07 AM
link   
a reply to: QuietSpeech

Yeah they did that in the short story The Tenebrous Way

Anything else?

posted on Feb, 11 2019 @ 11:37 AM
link   

If its not massively important then why does it need to be totally original?

posted on Feb, 11 2019 @ 02:02 PM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

Because it adds spice to the story and is fun. I just don't want to do something that already exists in Star Wars. Who knows. I'm just starting my writing career and may use this story 40 years from now

posted on Feb, 25 2019 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Does anybody have any other ideas? I’m trying to shoot for something that would first be researched in the New Republic era and not have been thought of in the 1,000 years before (the formation of the Old Republic). A lot of stuff I find works but I say to myself -somebody most likely had created it (or deemed it impossible in that time span). What new things can my New Republic scientist be working on or trying to discover.

posted on Feb, 28 2019 @ 10:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: highvein

The scientist is working on a guided reciprocating deflector shield that returns 75% of the damaging energy back to the targeting source.

I really loved this idea but I can’t use it because it’s a gamechanger. But I like the way you think. Do you have any other ideas? Thanks!!!

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join