It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The U.S. Military Wants to Inject People's Brains With Nanobots That Could Replace Medicine

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2019 @ 02:05 PM
link   
It looks like DARPA has had a program to put nanobots into soldiers since 2014. I am very interested in this type of technology and wonder what types of applications nanobots could have within the human body.

I think if proper innovation and commercialization of this type of technology takes off then we may be able to stop every disease known to human kind.

The mind wonders how far the technology could go?
Could this be similar to Elon Musks Neuralink technology?
What do ATSers think of this technology and its many possible future applications?

www.entrepreneur.com...
The U.S. Military Wants to Inject People's Brains With Painkilling Nanobots That Could Replace Medicine
This is not science fiction. The U.S. Military is making plans to inject people’s brains with artificially intelligent nanobots that will give them awesome, Wolverine-like powers to heal themselves.

DARPA, the American government’s controversial, ultra high-tech military gadget and research lab, is developing wireless, “ultra-miniaturized” and injectable electronic devices that could eventually -- and quite literally -- get on people’s nerves. Luckily only in ways that heal their pain and keep them healthy. Or so the Department of Defense-funded agency says.

Functioning in a seamless, “closed-loop system,” the government's smart nano doohickeys would act like mini remote controls that automatically monitor and regulate the body’s peripheral nervous system 24/7. They would constantly adjust the users’ internal organs and how they respond to injury, infection and other imbalances.

Yep, the little doodads could one day help people heal themselves. Let’s just hope that’s the only thing they’re used for (insert skeptical, mind-control comment here).

posted on Jan, 13 2019 @ 02:09 PM
link   
a reply to: FormOfTheLord

Good....

posted on Jan, 13 2019 @ 02:10 PM
link   
I would ask how it can be used against the person it's in. DARPA research tends to be weapon based.

posted on Jan, 13 2019 @ 02:20 PM
link   
So 1987...c’mon DARPA, get with the times.

posted on Jan, 13 2019 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Almost all the best tech has started out with military research, so I think this is really good. Star Trek like even.

posted on Jan, 13 2019 @ 02:21 PM
link   
That sounds good, at least until the enemy finds a way to hack the system and use the nanotechnology to whatever end they can.

Imagine the possibilities, but also consider the vulnerabilities.

posted on Jan, 13 2019 @ 02:36 PM
link   
a reply to: lakenheath24

Yes its exciting I imagine human health could be at peak performance with more innovation with this type of technology.

posted on Jan, 13 2019 @ 02:42 PM
link   

There's just one problem. Human health is not a priority, weapons and war are.

posted on Jan, 13 2019 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Good article.

Nanobots in medicine will have a huge effect on our health. Imagine taking nanobots that can predict and prevent a heart attack. You will just get an alert on your smartphone that says, "You had a heart attack, we notified your Dr., have a good day."

Sadly, what I think will happen is, the global warming crowd will make sure tech like this is only given to people they deem important in order to control population growth. So they will say, until we come up with a solution to climate change due to growing populations, only people we deem that we need will have their lives extended. Of course these people will also be the wealthiest and most powerful among us.

posted on Jan, 13 2019 @ 02:59 PM
link   

I'm all up for leaps and bounds in health science, however I feel that this technology, like many others, won't be used for many positive activities...

If it can be used as a weapon or form of control it will be.

Don't want any of their nanobots in me!!

What science tends to miss, is that prevention is better than cure...

edit on 13-1-2019 by fluff007 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2019 @ 02:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: LightSpeedDriver

Yeah we have thousands of nukes and we are still making more.
Sounds pretty stupid.
With the money we use on weapons of mass destruction we could feed cloth and house the entire world.

However when I think of nanobots they may be the weapon that defeats nukes making them obsolete.

posted on Jan, 13 2019 @ 03:15 PM
link   
I'm pretty sure that politicians have been using this for a decade now.

I can see it already, when a guy says a girl has a great Bot it will mean something totally different.

Sorry, I was on antibiotics for ten days, my intellect dropped about a hundred points and I am into comedy now.

posted on Jan, 13 2019 @ 03:27 PM
link   
I've read about this tech for years. The possibilities are pretty amazing, potentially miraculous even!

There's just one part that freaks me out. Nanobot technology is a perfect fit for years or decades of black-project development. So when the military is talking openly about this...

It's likely these little bastards are crawling all over us already.

posted on Jan, 13 2019 @ 03:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kocag
I would ask how it can be used against the person it's in. DARPA research tends to be weapon based.
You can forget about Xanax.
Nanobots are the future form of control over the human species...I stumbled across some story on them yesterday while being bored with all the snow outside.
The next step is the human microchip, which will be compatible with the future nanobots, and it will act as a center of command inside our bodies.
It's a computer made of DNA, there testing it inside a cockroach.the computing power in the cockroach is like a 8-bit computer.....wow im bored

posted on Jan, 13 2019 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Finally, a reliable cure for disloyalty.

posted on Jan, 13 2019 @ 03:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Majic
Finally, a reliable cure for disloyalty.

remote-controlling live organisms...satellite sends the information to the microchip, which in turn will pass it to the nanobots.....real zombie apocalypse.

posted on Jan, 13 2019 @ 04:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: LightSpeedDriver

Keeping soldiers functioning is part of that. That makes it a priority.

posted on Jan, 13 2019 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Who are they using for test subjects?

posted on Jan, 13 2019 @ 04:08 PM
link   
I'd volunteer.

At the least it would be interesting.
I'm too old to go out and do the fun stuff anymore. Never married, no kids, in great shape and perfect health.
If DARPA is listening, give me a call.

posted on Jan, 13 2019 @ 04:20 PM
link   
a reply to: lakenheath24

Reminds me of the movie Transcendence.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join