It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FBI used Comey firing as excuse to investigate Trump on claim he was working for Russia

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2019 @ 10:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

he was telling Russia to hack Clinton...

Please show us exactly where he tells Russia to do anything of the sort. To whit:

“Russia, if you’re listening, I hope you’re able to find the 30,000 emails that are missing,” Mr. Trump said during a news conference here in an apparent reference to Mrs. Clinton’s deleted emails. “I think you will probably be rewarded mightily by our press.”

Donald Trump Calls on Russia to Find Hillary Clinton’s Missing Emails - NYT

Turns out, they ended up being found elsewhere, anyway:

During the course of my review of a computer seized from Anthony Weiner, a seizure and search of which was authorized by an SDNY Search Warrant, I encountered approximately/at least 340,000 emails stored on the computer. The large number of emails appears to be a result of a mail client program installed on that computer (such as Outlook) that pulled emails from servers belonging to both Anthony Weiner and Huma Abedin.

FBI Communication on Discovery of Hillary Clinton E-mails on Anthony Weiner's Laptop Computer Part 01 of 01 - FBI Vault

posted on Jan, 11 2019 @ 10:01 PM
link   
a reply to: jadedANDcynical

Lets remember they were both dealing with a crazy man whose favorite words are You're fired...
Jesus try staying in the real world. There was nothing that was normal about what was going on.
Trump needed to get rid of Comey because he was investigating him and trump knows what's out there. And now so does Robert Mueller. Firing Comey was obstruction of justice because of the reason for it. Not because Comey was not doing his job but because he was doing his job. Then everyone whom Comey told about the meeting where trump asked him to stop investigating Flynn was fired one after the other. He got rid of all of them.
The idiot did this right in front of us. Mueller didn't miss any of it.
Then too no one in american government has this kind of relationship with a hostile enemy and so much russian contact over and over... all of them from Junior to Jeff Sessions and Paul Manafort. The contacts were way beyond the coincidental.

posted on Jan, 11 2019 @ 10:02 PM
link   
They opened an inquiry to see if trump was actually working with the russians. That became the Mueller investigation after he got rid of James Comey.

posted on Jan, 11 2019 @ 10:03 PM
link   

Really because they were never found.... what do you think you know that no one else does?

posted on Jan, 11 2019 @ 10:04 PM
link   

This is NOT the Mud Pit!!!

All rules for polite political debate will be enforced.
Reaffirming Our Desire For Productive Political Debate (REVISED)

You are responsible for your own posts.....those who ignore that responsibility will face mod actions.

and, as always:

Do NOT reply to this post!!

posted on Jan, 11 2019 @ 10:05 PM
link   

Russia if you're listening...

edit on 1112019 by Sillyolme because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2019 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Oh my gawd..... you do know that the emails on Weiners lap top was just duplicates of the ones they had already seen on the main computer dont you?

posted on Jan, 11 2019 @ 10:11 PM
link   

The FBI has found emails related to Hillary Clinton’s tenure as secretary of state on the laptop belonging to the estranged husband of Huma Abedin, Anthony Weiner, according to a U.S. official.

These emails, CBS News’ Andres Triay reports, are not duplicates of emails found on Secretary Clinton’s private server.
empasis mine

FBI finds emails related to Hillary Clinton's State Department tenure - CBS News

posted on Jan, 11 2019 @ 10:13 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 11 2019 @ 10:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: jadedANDcynical

The FBI has found emails related to Hillary Clinton’s tenure as secretary of state on the laptop belonging to the estranged husband of Huma Abedin, Anthony Weiner, according to a U.S. official.

These emails, CBS News’ Andres Triay reports, are not duplicates of emails found on Secretary Clinton’s private server.
empasis mine

FBI finds emails related to Hillary Clinton's State Department tenure - CBS News

Real facts mean nothing to the Libs.

posted on Jan, 11 2019 @ 10:29 PM
link   
Am I the sole person who recollects that the democrats were screaming for Comey’s firing,
right up to the second he was fired?

And then, on a dime, the media switched tracks, reversed gears, and built nonstop support under him.

I’m so confused...

# 1020

posted on Jan, 11 2019 @ 10:31 PM
link   
I'm not sure the FBI used the Comey firing as the excuse, but it appears that it certainly played a part. The F.B.I. has standards that need to be met in order to start a counter-intel investigation, and it would have needed to be checked off at multiple levels to go active. Given the subject of the investigation (the President), there's really no doubt that such an endeavor would have had them double checking that all their t's were crossed and i's were dotted before anything went active.

It appears that Trump's actions would have also played a major role, and there was, more than likely, other evidence to bring reasonable enough concern to pass F.B.I. standards.

The basic timeline appears to be...
1) The F.B.I. begins investigating Russian interference into the 2016 election (facebook ads, email hacks, etc)
2) The investigation starts to lead back to Trump's inner and political circles (Jr, Manafort, Flynn, Stone, etc.)
3) Trump decides to fire Comey (writing a letter, implying that the Russian investigation is a factor, which Don McGahn WH council rejects because of the obstruction-of-justice risks).
4) Rod Rosenstein re-writes/provides a new letter for Trump lacking the obstruction risks (no mention of Russian investigation as a cause for dismissal).
5) 5/09/17 Trump fires Comey providing a letter re-inserting comments regarding Russia (bringing back risks of obstruction).
6) 5/10/17 After the firing Trump has an "unscheduled/secret" Oval Office meeting with the Russian Foreign Minister and Russian ambassador where he gives them classified Israeli intelligence data, and effectively tells them "the heat is off" regarding the Russian meddling investigation. This creates serious political and national security concerns.
7) 5/11/17 Trump admits to Lester Holt the Russian investigation was a factor in the Comey firing in a televised interview (further opening the door regarding obstruction of justice).
8) The F.B.I. starts a counter-intel inquiry into Trump possibly working against American interests on behalf of Russia, and possible Obstruction of Justice.
9) With bi-partisan praise Meuller is appointed Special Council (inheriting the meddling, obstruction, and conspiracy investigations).

This doesn't even take into account Trump previously dragging his feet almost four weeks past the deadline to implement the veto-proof Russian Sanctions bill, his campaign manager passing off internal polling data to Russian counterparts, Trump later siding with Putin in Helsinki over our own intel agencies, Jr's Trump Tower Russian meeting, and more.

From just the publicly available facts there seems to be enough probable cause for concern, and there's plenty we still don't know due to the situation still being an active investigation.
edit on 1/11/19 by redmage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2019 @ 10:37 PM
link   

Due to his behavior, the FBI used Comey firing as excuse to investigate Trump on claim he was working for Russia, concerned with US national security, thought Donald Trump might be a Russian asset and opened an investigation.

Fixed it for you.

He's a national security issue, and rightly so, and they realized that way back then.

The writing is on the wall.

posted on Jan, 11 2019 @ 11:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

Is it just REMOTELY, now follow me here, POSSIBLE, that the FBI cannot open a counterintelligence investigation for spurious reasons? That the Republican controlled House had oversight of this? That the DOJ has to sign off on it? I know you are going “deep state conspiracy” with this, but can you MAYBE concede it’s POSSIBLE that the FBI and IC have classified, non-public information to begin this investigation that was more than the firing of Comey? No?

Anything?

If you can’t see it, perhaps it’s because you don’t want to.

posted on Jan, 11 2019 @ 11:15 PM
link   
The "Official Stories" keep falling apart faster than a rocket.

IG reports, all Clinton's emails found and most deleted emails recovered.

All coming to an end 😀

posted on Jan, 11 2019 @ 11:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: AboveBoard
a reply to: Grambler

Is it just REMOTELY, now follow me here, POSSIBLE, that the FBI cannot open a counterintelligence investigation for spurious reasons? That the Republican controlled House had oversight of this? That the DOJ has to sign off on it? I know you are going “deep state conspiracy” with this, but can you MAYBE concede it’s POSSIBLE that the FBI and IC have classified, non-public information to begin this investigation that was more than the firing of Comey? No?

Anything?

If you can’t see it, perhaps it’s because you don’t want to.

Mueller said he would give a public statement about the investigation shortly after the 2018 elections. Plus, if collusion is not a crime, why waste the money?

posted on Jan, 11 2019 @ 11:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
The "Official Stories" keep falling apart faster than a rocket.

IG reports, all Clinton's emails found and most deleted emails recovered.

All coming to an end 😀

Heads are going to explode when the whole story is exposed.
Using the ic to attempt to usurp the white house is a problem.
Barak should hsve gotren rid of rogers, he is going to hang them all.

posted on Jan, 11 2019 @ 11:31 PM
link   
It appears to be worse than I thought, some group has great leverage in the FBI agency. They call it the deep state, but what is the actual real name of the group, most groups working together give themselves a name for their organization or their group. Of course, look for a tax deductible group, these people like to try to save money on taxes.

posted on Jan, 12 2019 @ 02:47 AM
link   

html1-f.scribdassets.com...
Sessions letter to Trump recommending him to fire Comey.

www.bbc.com...
Rosenstein memo recommending Comey be fired.

amp.cnn.com...
Trump's letter firing Comey based on Rosenstein and Sessions recommendations.
edit on 12-1-2019 by SouthernForkway26 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2019 @ 03:39 AM
link   
of course it was a setup. The Dems were saying it was impossible to rig the election the day before the election. Once they realized Hillary lost, out came the Russia accusations.

General rule of thumb, the MSM is ALWAYS lying. It is very obvious to see at this point. The criminals (CIA/drug dealers/arms dealers/war wongers/human traffickers) have bought all outlets Americans (and other countries) get their news from. They are covering their asses right now.

The battle ground has always been the minds of the people but now it should be very apparent to everyone.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join