It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FBI used Comey firing as excuse to investigate Trump on claim he was working for Russia

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+12 more 
posted on Jan, 11 2019 @ 09:06 PM
link   
This whole fiasco gets more disgusting by the day.

New information has came to light as to what excuse the FBI has given for investigating to see if Trump was working for Russia.

This will be sepearted into at least two posts.

In the days after President Trump fired James B. Comey as F.B.I. director, law enforcement officials became so concerned by the president’s behavior that they began investigating whether he had been working on behalf of Russia against American interests, according to former law enforcement officials and others familiar with the investigation.

The decision to investigate Mr. Trump himself was an aggressive move by F.B.I. officials who were confronting the chaotic aftermath of the firing of Mr. Comey and enduring the president’s verbal assaults on the Russia investigation as a “witch hunt.”

After Mr. Comey was fired on May 9, 2017, two more of Mr. Trump’s actions prompted them to quickly abandon those reservations.

The first was a letter Mr. Trump wanted to send to Mr. Comey about his firing, but never did, in which he mentioned the Russia investigation. In the letter, Mr. Trump thanked Mr. Comey for previously telling him he was not a subject of the F.B.I.’s Russia investigation.

The second event that troubled investigators wasan NBC News interview two days after Mr. Comey’s firing in which Mr. Trump appeared to say he had dismissed Mr. Comey because of the Russia inquiry.

“I was going to fire Comey knowing there was no good time to do it,” he said. “And in fact, when I decided to just do it, I said to myself — I said, you know, this Russia thing with Trump and Russia is a made-up story. It’s an excuse by the Democrats for having lost an election that they should’ve won.”

Mr. Trump’s aides have said that a fuller examination of his comments demonstrates that he did not fire Mr. Comey to end the Russia inquiry. “I might even lengthen out the investigation, but I have to do the right thing for the American people,” Mr. Trump added. “He’s the wrong man for that position.”

www.msn.com...

This article is amazing.

So The fbi used the firing of Comey as an excuse to launch an investigation into trump personally to see if he was working for Russia.

Never mind that Rosenstein himself recommended the firing of Comey.

So rosenstein recommends firing comey, his FBI buddies use that ans an excuse to investigate trump, and Rosenstein uses that as an excuse to hire Comeys (the guy he just recommended being fired) mentor and friend Mueller to be a special counselor,. which is exactly what the fired man comey wanted.

Now because trumpo insisted on thanking comey for telling him in person he was not a target in the investigation, the FBI used that as a reason to investigate? What sense does that make?

And then the NBC interview wherre Trump said the firing had to do with Russia, the FBI ignore his comments that followed up in the same interview with Hilt saying Trump said he knew this would probably make the Russia investigation last even longer, but Comey wasnt the right man for the job.

And clearly Trump was right given comeys actions before and after that.

And comey himself has told congress that his firing did not impede the investigation in any way, as well as saying that Trump told him if he the FBI found any of trumps people woriking with Russia to go after them.

It looks more and more like a setup every day.

we know for example that Clapper told cnn about the dossier, then told comey to brief trump on it, and then some high ranking intel official (most likely clapper but it doesnt matter) told CNN about6 the briefing, thus giving cnn the hook they needed to run the story.

We know that Comey leaked fbi info, some of it possibly classified, to his friend to give to the press with the express purpose of getting a special counsel appointed.

And now we know the FBI used Comeys firing, that was recommended by Rosenstein as a reason to investigate trump.

edit on 11-1-2019 by Grambler because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2019 @ 09:14 PM
link   
More from the article.

Mr. Trump had caught the attention of F.B.I. counterintelligence agents when he called on Russia during a campaign news conference in July 2016 to hack into the emails of his opponent, Hillary Clinton. Mr. Trump had refused to criticize Russia on the campaign trail, praising President Vladimir V. Putin. And investigators had watched with alarm as the Republican Party softened its convention platform on the Ukraine crisis in a way that seemed to benefit Russia.

Other factors fueled the F.B.I.’s concerns, according to the people familiar with the inquiry. Christopher Steele, a former British spy who worked as an F.B.I. informant, had compiled memos in mid-2016 containing unsubstantiated claims that Russian officials tried to obtain influence over Mr. Trump by preparing to blackmail and bribe him.

www.msn.com...

And so here we see the FBI wanted to look ionto trump as working for russia and were just looking for an excuse.

What were there reasons?

Well one, the joke Trump told about Russia maybe having hillarys emails.

This obvious joke was taken as a reason to want to investigate Trump as a russian assett? They truly believed a russian asset would tell russia to hack Hillary on television instead of using there backchannels?

This was an obvious joke, and the fact the FBI was willing to take it serious proves this was in fact a witch hunt from the start.

Keep in mind what trump said. He was referencing the fact that hillarys subpoenaed emails were destroyed by Hillarys team. So he joked that hey, maybe russia had them as a reference to her unsecured server that official were saying was probably hacked by foreign powers.

Thats not trump asking Russia to hack hillary.

And further more, isnt it funny that the FBI saw nothing suspicious or worth charging for hillarys team deleting subpoenaed emails, but found trumps joking about the issue to be a reason to want to investigate?

The second issue is the steele dossier that we constantly are told now had no significance now that we know none of the important claims in it could be vrerified.

So its not just that the dossier was used to spy on carter page, now we know it was one of the reasons the FBI wanted to personally investigate Trump.

And it was oppo research paid for by Hillary, that was not and continues to not be verified.

So a joke and oppo research from hillary was enough to get the FBI chomping at the bit to investigate Trump.

Absolutely appalling.

(I will do a video tomorrow on this, its bedtime for me at this point)

posted on Jan, 11 2019 @ 09:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

It looks more and more like a setup every day.

Because it was. Maybe it is time for Trump to be Presidential and use all of his power as President to stop this nonsense. Time to put down the silent coup that is taking place right before our eyes.
edit on 11-1-2019 by highvein because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2019 @ 09:21 PM
link   

I saw your title and wondered when Trump fired Mueller...

For a bit of context, here is the letter Rosenstien wrote recommending the firing of Comey.

posted on Jan, 11 2019 @ 09:23 PM
link   

why does your title say Mueller firing.... when was Mueller fired?

(post by Sillyolme removed for political trolling and baiting)

posted on Jan, 11 2019 @ 09:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

why does your title say Mueller firing.... when was Mueller fired?

Fixed it thanks to you and jaded for pointing it out

posted on Jan, 11 2019 @ 09:26 PM
link   

a reply to: jadedANDcynical
POST REMOVED BY STAFF

So?

Rosenstein was obligated to not write the letter unless he believed what he said in it

edit on Fri Jan 11 2019 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2019 @ 09:36 PM
link   
Isnt it funny how they considered him a threat to american security? And you guys really think he cares about that southern border? Really? No he only cares about whats going to happen with Mueller and its gonna be so much worse than we even think now according to many intelligence experts and ex military intelligence experts. Thats all he cares about and the next distraction that will be needed.

posted on Jan, 11 2019 @ 09:37 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 11 2019 @ 09:39 PM
link   

POST REMOVED BY STAFF

Then Why hasn’t Rosenstein testified that none of it was true and trumo forced him?

edit on Fri Jan 11 2019 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2019 @ 09:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

So both Comey and Rosenstien are too weak to stand up for what they believe in?

posted on Jan, 11 2019 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Seems like most of "them" as you refer to the FBI group in the report, have been fired or resigned due to their own actions.

The whole "Insurance Policy" Cabal are the people referenced in the article.

Seems a pretty stupid time for the NYT to put out such an article in the manner they did. Having a bunch of disgraced "former FBI officals" as their sources isn't going to end well. Just my opinion.

Can't wait for Clapper and Brennan to chirp in on this as well.

posted on Jan, 11 2019 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Prove that Rosenstein recommended Comey firing. Prior to trump asking him to.

posted on Jan, 11 2019 @ 09:47 PM
link   

It wasnt a joke.... he was telling Russia to hack Clinton... which they then went ahead and did...

posted on Jan, 11 2019 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Salacious.

This three way is way more interesting than a Russian pee-party!

posted on Jan, 11 2019 @ 09:49 PM
link   

Prove that Rosenstein recommended Comey firing. Prior to trump asking him to.

Why do I have to prove that?

I can prove Rosenstein recommended the firing

Prove that he was forced to

posted on Jan, 11 2019 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Isnt it funny how they considered him a threat to american security? And you guys really think he cares about that southern border? Really? No he only cares about whats going to happen with Mueller and its gonna be so much worse than we even think now according to many intelligence experts and ex military intelligence experts. Thats all he cares about and the next distraction that will be needed.

And yet he is still the best President you have wittnessed in office. Prove me wrong.

posted on Jan, 11 2019 @ 09:51 PM
link   

Why isnt he coming to trumps defense and saying I wrote that because that is what I believed was necessary?
Rosenstein is reticent. He does not go flapping his gums every chance he gets but he sure should come out and say that.

posted on Jan, 11 2019 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Why isnt he coming to trumps defense and saying I wrote that because that is what I believed was necessary?
Rosenstein is reticent. He does not go flapping his gums every chance he gets but he sure should come out and say that.

He recommended firing comey

It is unbelievably laughable that uou are trying to claim he was forced against his will, and yet hasn’t told anyone

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join