It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Time to tax money sent out of America

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 12:00 PM
link   
I was a George's international market last weekend and in that grocery store there is a western union office.
I watched as a line of Mexican men got up to the window and pulled out wads of cash and sent it to I assume there family in mexico.

Now if a person has a job and gets their paycheck with all those wonderful taxes like social security removed and wants to send money out of the country, well knock yourself out.
But ....
If this is cash from under the table employment or illegal drug activity or whatever source, why not tax this money?

Say 25 to 30 percent tax.

This would not effect anyone with a legit job.

Fund the wall!

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 12:03 PM
link   
I agree with this and would also add that automated Wall Street transactions and trading also deserve to be taxed.

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 12:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

But ....
If this is cash from under the table employment or illegal drug activity or whatever source, why not tax this money?
Fund the wall!

25-30?? How about 60% -75%

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 12:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: toolgal462
I agree with this and would also add that automated Wall Street transactions and trading also deserve to be taxed.

I'm only concerned about taxing money that under current laws would be taxed. Not sure how wallstreet would fit that ideaa.

The money I'm talking about is untaxed payroll.

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 12:06 PM
link   
That's a very good point. I used to work construction with a guy named Jose. I don't know if he was a legal immigrant but he was a cool cat. He would tell me that most of his money was being put away because after so many years, he, his wife and children were going back to mexico and spending that money on buying a grand house there because labor was so much cheaper that he could build it for nothing and live like a king. He was a good carpenter and friend but that was one part about him I didn't like at all.

Human nature maybe but doesn't do anything for America. Most people don't realise that often, construction jobs have MANY mexican people working in them and quite often, it's for cash money. No taxes. Such is that wad of cash you're speaking about.

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 12:07 PM
link   
These illegals and regular immigrants are already getting substandard wages for their work. I can't see taxing them anymore. Tax the people who benefit by their services more, tax the businesses and people who benefit by their substandard wages somehow.

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 12:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

I watched as a line of Mexican men got up to the window and pulled out wads of cash and sent it to I assume there family in mexico.

Well of course you did!

I mean it wouldn’t be just one or two taking cash out for any other kind of reason then you chose to embellish a little. Don’t get me wrong am sure it happens, not so sure you saw a bunch of Mexicans all empty their accounts and personally tell you what the money was for.

But hey a little embellished anecdote is always good to stir the political debate!

edit on 9-1-2019 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Now if a person has a job and gets their paycheck with all those wonderful taxes like social security removed and wants to send money out of the country, well knock yourself out.
But ....

This would not effect anyone with a legit job.

How do you tell the difference?

I spent over 10,000 dollars getting my wife and son here the legal way.

My wife now has a green card and works at Walmart. She pays taxes and SS.

She sends money to her mother to live on every month. She sends money to other family members for health care emergencies, birthdays, holidays, etc...

How do you differentiate between her and those your talking about?

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 12:11 PM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

I specifically said that anyone with a legit job paying taxes will not be charged.
This only effects people working illegal job and I dont give a damn what they think.

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 12:12 PM
link   

I specifically said that anyone with a legit job paying taxes will not be charged.
This only effects people working illegal job and I dont give a damn what they think.

So how does the worker at Kroger who fills out our Western Union money request tell the difference?

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 12:12 PM
link   
a reply to: pianopraze

They have a paycheck with the deductions right on the stub. Shouldn't be to hard to iron out those kinks.

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 12:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: pianopraze

So how does the worker at Kroger who fills out our Western Union money request tell the difference?

Bank deposit and withdrawal slip, pay stubs.
Should be to hard to figure it out.

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 12:15 PM
link   

The only way this scenario works is if they admit to breaking a law and subject themselves to the tax.

You touch on the other factor of illegal immigration. There are people that continue to hire them.

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 12:16 PM
link   

for one, "cash transactions".

It really isn't fair that so many of these people are actually living off of tax payer benefits that they do not pay into, then they turn around and make cash under the table and wire it back home.

Yeah, tax them.

And Wall Street too!

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 12:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
These illegals and regular immigrants are already getting substandard wages for their work. I can't see taxing them anymore. Tax the people who benefit by their services more, tax the businesses and people who benefit by their substandard wages somehow.

We know from experience that those businesses and people seem to be untouchable.
By taxing the illegal and immigrants it acts as a deterrent. At some point, it isn't worth coming here for a "better life" with enough to send back home.

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 12:17 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

I'm all for jail time if you hire them.
And if they cant prove the money was already taxed they pay the tax.

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 12:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: toolgal462

for one, "cash transactions".

It really isn't fair that so many of these people are actually living off of tax payer benefits that they do not pay into, then they turn around and make cash under the table and wire it back home.

Yeah, tax them.

And Wall Street too!

I agree it's not fair for them to be here illegally, me doubly so because I paid so much to go through legal process.

Makes me very upset every time I think about it.

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Ahhh so as well as you knowing what these Mexicans were up to at the window you now also know their immigration status.

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Agree. Take away the incentive, and you can reduce the problem. Same strategy with the wall.

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 12:20 PM
link   
TL;DR version: Don't be Mexican and use Western Union otherwise you may be mistaken for an illegal or drug lord that doesn't pay taxes because, well you're Mexican and you're using Western Union.

Absurd. Mind ya godammned business.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join