It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The difference between Russians and Americans

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2018 @ 07:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk
a reply to: RussianTroll

I specifically took such a nickname and avatar. If they start accusing me of being a troll, a hacker, a spy, etc., as is now common in the West, then I will answer that I am honest. I honestly showed it)))

Or...it could just stand for "RT". (that was a joke).

I respect Margarita Simonyan very much. She is a real journalist. Of course, there is propaganda in RT. But it is orders of magnitude smaller than in the Western mainstream media, and it is smart)))

posted on Dec, 20 2018 @ 08:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Thecakeisalie

The problem is politics, that's what dividing us.

I could go to the theater and be seated between a Russian and an American, and all three of us would laugh. But in the political world that would start mayham, I could be accused of colluding with the Russians or the US, but the truth is we normal folk just wanna be friends, and friends can have disagreements.

Fully agree with you. Simple people have nothing to share, we have a common Earth

posted on Dec, 20 2018 @ 08:04 AM
link   
according to you Americans smile too much, like yoga, go to bars after work, talk too loud - the horror!!!

too bad we're not all exactly the same, huh?

how boring...

i'm sure russians are lovely but i wouldn't trade places for anything.

posted on Dec, 20 2018 @ 08:08 AM
link   

RT,

Question for you; how much do you know about eastern Russia, the Siberian region in particular?

Have you ever been there?

I find life in this part of the world extremely interesting, particularly with how the Russian government deals with it. I am speaking of areas like the Chukotka Okrug area of far north eastern Russia. It is so difficult to get information about this region, yet there is so much to learn.

I live in central Russia, 700 kilometers from Moscow. Of course, I was in Siberia and Vladivostok. When I was a university student, I worked in a student construction brigade in Nizhnevartovsk, Western Siberia. In general, life throughout Russia for ordinary people differs little. It is of course influenced by the climate, remoteness, and natural boratitudes of the region. But people are the same everywhere.

posted on Dec, 20 2018 @ 08:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss
In Russia, people not need use deodorant.

Must be tough for all those russian mail order brides...

Oh, this is a scam. We have a city where such fraud is very developed.

posted on Dec, 20 2018 @ 08:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: RussianTroll

originally posted by: Nickn3
I do understand the cultural differences, yet your Avatar is well named.

I specifically took such a nickname and avatar. If they start accusing me of being a troll, a hacker, a spy, etc., as is now common in the West, then I will answer that I am honest. I honestly showed it)))

Although, 99% of people do not know what a troll is and what the art of trolling is. You'd be surprised, but the first methods of trolling were shown 100 years ago by the Czech writer Karel Čapek in the book "Twelve methods of literary controversy or a Handbook on newspaper discussions." Unfortunately, I did not find it in English, so I give a link to the Russian translation.

Welcome
Perhaps we can learn from each other. I have high respect for the Russian people and would love to visit someday. I would especially like to meet Vladimir Putin, he seem like a very 1950's kind of guy. Perhaps a bit like my grandfather. In my travels I have met a few Russians and I must say, they party just like Americans. I do enjoy one product of your country every afternoon . It goes into my 5 O'clock martini. Which I usually enjoy at home with my wife. See, we are learning all ready.

posted on Dec, 20 2018 @ 08:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: knoxie
according to you Americans smile too much, like yoga, go to bars after work, talk too loud - the horror!!!

too bad we're not all exactly the same, huh?

how boring...

i'm sure russians are lovely but i wouldn't trade places for anything.

Every nation has its own stereotypes about other nations)

posted on Dec, 20 2018 @ 08:31 AM
link   

I am oh so fascinated by Russian culture.
I had the pleasure of meeting some folks from Russia at a little bar here in Las Vegas two years ago. I noticed they were speaking Russian and dressed different than my American counter parts. They seemed friendly and I wanted to greet them. I went up with a fresh pitcher and introduced myself. They seemed confused but happily asked me to sit. The English was a little off but not bad at all. We chatted for about two hours pointing out differences between our cultures and had a good laugh about it too.
I guess they where just here on vacation and didn’t really like “sin city” but did like American culture. They seemed truly fascinated just as I was of theirs.
I love Russians and Russia and would the chance to visit.

posted on Dec, 20 2018 @ 08:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: RussianTroll

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss
In Russia, people not need use deodorant.

Must be tough for all those russian mail order brides...

Oh, this is a scam. We have a city where such fraud is very developed.

Oh I imagine there is loads of fraud in Russia.
That's why you all have dash cams.

But I do know someone that has a russian mail order bride.

And yes I know he didn't "buy" his wife.
Sure cost a load to get her here though....lol
edit on 20-12-2018 by Bluntone22 because: (no reason given)

edit on 20-12-2018 by Bluntone22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2018 @ 08:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Nickn3

Putin gave an annual press conference today. Now it takes a lot of time to study it.

posted on Dec, 20 2018 @ 09:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

I think scammers are no more than everywhere. And dash cams is needed because in Russia the insurance system in case of accidents is not the same as in the USA. It is very cumbersome and difficult, you need to prove your case in court and receive compensation for insurance. Unfortunately, there is no euro protocol and simple exchange of business cards like in the USA.
edit on 20-12-2018 by RussianTroll because: (no reason given)

edit on 20-12-2018 by RussianTroll because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2018 @ 09:18 AM
link   

I was under the impression that law enforcement was really corrupt too.
Either way, cover your butt is the best approach

posted on Dec, 20 2018 @ 09:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Allaroundyou

Russians are everywhere now. Previously, tourists were not from the best category of the population - gangsters, corrupt officials, criminal businessmen. In Russia, they were called "crimson pinjak" for pin pinjaks and massive gold chains.
Now simple Russians can travel everywhere, so the opinion about Russians has improved.

posted on Dec, 20 2018 @ 09:25 AM
link   

I was under the impression that law enforcement was really corrupt too.
Either way, cover your butt is the best approach

Of course corrupt. But you need to know that the structure of corruption in Russia and the United States is completely different. Domestic corruption is developed in Russia - petty bribes to the police, doctors, petty officials. Sometimes these bribes consist of a can of coffee and chocolates. In the US, corruption is the prerogative of the state. In the US, there is an institution of lobbying. But you know better than me about it)))

posted on Dec, 20 2018 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Well, I'm not sure I would agree with this. I would counter the governments of both Russia AND the U.S. are two of the most corrupt governments (by volume) on this planet. And, I'm not talking about petty corruption at the street level, but massive global corruption at the highest levels of government. China, I'm sure, ranks right up there too.

Just look at some of the Oligarchs in Russia, they control practically everything which is of value or necessity. The U.S. is no different.

I don't see any real differences in corruption at any level between the two countries. They're both corrupt.

posted on Dec, 20 2018 @ 12:31 PM
link   
DBL

edit on 12/20/2018 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2018 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Do you enjoy conspiracies? If so, do you believe that Russia was one of the last holdouts against a new world order? They eventually were conquered through the bolshevik revolution and possibly regained some form of independence with Putin? Do you think that we are all part of the show? The different countries aligned against each other with alliance changes every 40-50 years?

My apologies, just a few more questions. Is Russia truly independent? What are your views on tartaria or tartar? Have you heard the rumor that the description of Jerusalem in the bible was actually the Kremlin in Moscow?

Will your culture survive the cultural invasion of the west?

From my opinion, I am glad for the resurgence of Russia and their actions in the middle east. They appear to support the current elected governments and work with them instead of trying for regime change. Russia was actually invited instead of our method of invasion under false pretexts. I hope it gives our people a pause and reflect that we are not the moral police of the world (laughable I know). I hope we reach out in friendship and finally have a reason to bring ALL of our troops home, back to our country. But where would the bankers make their money if there was world peace?

posted on Dec, 20 2018 @ 01:10 PM
link   
a reply to: ClovenSky

You touch issues that do not fit into the framework of a simple thread on the forum. I promise that in the near future I will publish my article, where I will prove that conspiracy theories are an invention of the CIA.
Russia simply follows its national interests under international law. She can someone like or dislike. But its policy is more honest than the policy of any country of the so-called "Western democracy".

posted on Dec, 20 2018 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Well, I'm not sure I would agree with this. I would counter the governments of both Russia AND the U.S. are two of the most corrupt governments (by volume) on this planet. And, I'm not talking about petty corruption at the street level, but massive global corruption at the highest levels of government. China, I'm sure, ranks right up there too.

Just look at some of the Oligarchs in Russia, they control practically everything which is of value or necessity. The U.S. is no different.

I don't see any real differences in corruption at any level between the two countries. They're both corrupt.

I will correct you. There are no oligarchs in Russia. This is a meme. Financial and industrial businessmen do not influence the policy of Russia. Politics - the prerogative of Putin. Tell me, how much time and how many structures are looking for "billions of Putin"? What is really found? The cello cellist Raldugin’s friend Putin’s fund, who bought Stradivari cello for Russia for several million? This is ridiculous. The so-called "billions of Putin" - this is Russia's military and economic power, which, according to Obama, 3 years ago, "torn to shreds")))
edit on 20-12-2018 by RussianTroll because: correct

posted on Dec, 20 2018 @ 01:26 PM
link   

I very much look forward to that long discussion. When you said that our CIA is the major source of conspiracy theories, are you saying the majority don't exist and are creations of fiction? Or that these theories are real, perpetrated by the CIA?

From your answer, I gather you think that the Russian government is independent with no strings attached to any global body. Does that hold true do to the influence of Putin or is it due to the structure of the government itself? Was V Lenin part of the invasion that Stalin cleansed or did the bolshevik invasion never gain a foothold in the government?

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join