It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

President Trump Signs E.O. that Creates OPPORTUNITY ZONES...Another Promise Kept.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2018 @ 12:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

My instructor for IT said the best job going forward for IT would be in the manufacturing sector, since its specific to the business and not something that gets taught in school.

posted on Dec, 13 2018 @ 12:59 PM
link   
a reply to: worldstarcountry

You act like there's only housing projects, and McMansions.

posted on Dec, 13 2018 @ 01:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

I'd agree with that. Programmers and IT professionals will definitely last longer than most careers.

posted on Dec, 13 2018 @ 01:11 PM
link   
That answer is in the material I posted. Read it more thoroughly. It is 2018, some residents have already returned, particularly the older ones living in the seven floor senior living facility that is now opening retail establishments to serve the population that has moved in to the CRA. I bet they are all super rich elitist seniors though....
edit on 12-13-2018 by worldstarcountry because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2018 @ 01:22 PM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss
No absolutes we're spoken by me, just discussion on the specific communities mentioned in the OP. Absolutes would be me saying g that gentrification only serves wealthy residents at the expense of the poor established population who will be sent to die off somewhere.

I literally just mentioned how untrue that is using g a real world model in our community. Have you even taken a stroll down the Riverwalk lately or any of the neighborhoods I mentioned such as the Florida avenue corridor from Sligh south past MLK Blvd??

I grew up in this area, when most of those buildings were empty and dilapidated. In the years between high school and having my huge family, nearly all are now occupied by various independent businesses as well as a small charter school. Young people are enjoying being there on nights and weekends. When I went to school down the street, the only thing open at night was the circle k at the corner of Hillsborough and Florida and the family bakery (the bakery is still there).

I feel that people who are so critical of redevelopments lack the first hand experience of the before and after of those neighborhoods.

posted on Dec, 13 2018 @ 01:23 PM
link   

I don't know how it is in Florida, but where I am seniors can get an apartment comparable to the $400k condos down the road while paying not much more than I am for my $1300/mo apartment.

posted on Dec, 13 2018 @ 01:35 PM
link   

I literally just posted articles that make it clear that affordable housing is evaporating in the Tampa area.

And just lived in that exact area for the better part of 15 years.

Luckily the cops just hang out at Three Coins all night while the crack dealers that motel hop each night sling on the corners literally 2 blocks away without hassle, otherwise the property values there would be off the charts. I imagine its really strange place now though that Obama is out and Trump shut down Backpage I envision a Nebraska corridor with hookers having to be back out on the corners hustlin' that p____.

The Pretty Projects wasnt too bad though I used to walk thru there all the time even late at night. All it takes is some offset pastel paint schemes, some palm trees, (and criminals banished) and ghetto no more.

Nah F that tear it all down and build a Trump Tower in there and push them hoodrats out. Those swine!

edit on 13-12-2018 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2018 @ 01:38 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

If it was so great why the executive order? I'll tell you why.....Congress wouldn't have approved it thats why.
That's the reason for all his E.O.'s

posted on Dec, 13 2018 @ 01:40 PM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

There'll be dancing in the streets.

posted on Dec, 13 2018 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Decided to do a little more research. Looking at two of your previous examples, Tampa Heights and Seminole Heights, it looks like houses now cost more than the median housing cost for Tampa.

Unfortunately I can't find the cost of apartments in Tempo, the apartments that have been built on the location of the former Central Park project. However the area is projected to see its median household income increase by 25% over the next few years. So clearly they are targeting a more wealthy clientele than the previous occupants.

posted on Dec, 13 2018 @ 01:48 PM
link   

All the houses are being "flipped", that's been the schema since the housing collapse in particular: whole inside gutted, granite countertops, hardwood floors, yards turned all looking like Carrolwood. Then they get sold for a lot more to liberals arts degree hipsters (how they make their money is beyond me). NEXT.
edit on 13-12-2018 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2018 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Heh, heh, Yea. And this is how those tax breaks and initiatives are being used.

Scaramucci Leverages 'Tax Breaks For Distressed Communities' To Build "Swank Hotel" In Oakland.

According to Bloomberg, Former Trump Communications Director Anthony Scaramucci is taking advantage of the tax breaks to cash in on the "gentrification boom" in Oakland, Calif. by building what he describes as a "swank hotel" on the site of a now-closed gas station. Scaramucci, who is launching a REIT to invest in several projects (the hotel is one of the first), described the project thusly during a call with possible investors.

When U.S. lawmakers enacted a new tax break to help low-income communities last year, backers said it would lift up some of the most distressed parts of the country.

But that wasn’t the pitch former White House spokesman Anthony Scaramucci used on Tuesday to recruit investors for a real estate investment trust that will seek to claim the tax incentives by investing in some of the nation’s newly created "opportunity zones." Here’s how he described one of the REIT’s first projects, a Moxy Hotel on the site of a gas station in Oakland, during a conference call with potential clients.

"For those of you who have yet to go to Oakland, California, or that part of the Bay Area, I can tell you that it’s fully gentrifying. Oakland is effectively becoming the Brooklyn Heights of San Francisco," Scaramucci said. "We think we’re going to be building a swank, boutique hotel there that’s going to create excessive economic rents for the REIT."

B, b, b, but what about the poor people who live there, won't they get those jobs? Of course not, can't have them scaring off the customers ya know.

Capitalism is wonderful! If you have the capital that is.

posted on Dec, 13 2018 @ 02:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: LordAhriman
The problem is that a majority of citizens in this country don't want him to keep most of his promises.

Also, what about that promise that Mexico would pay for his useless wall? Who is he demanding pay, right now, while threatening to shut down the government? The answer is us. Taxpaying citizens. More of us disapprove of the wall than otherwise.

he didn't fix obama care like he said....and he said he would lower the cost of medicines...not happeneing and that was a BIGGIE.....

posted on Dec, 13 2018 @ 02:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04
a reply to: Grimpachi

Rather than bitching 'because Trump' people should be saying how can we improve this and make it even better, thank you Trump.

You're delusional, you think people all people want to live like you do, I hate to break it to you but no.. You are very wrong.

how exactly is it that you "know" what others want?

I don't, nor did I say I did .

posted on Dec, 13 2018 @ 03:01 PM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

I'm pretty loyal to the SOB. If he was wrongly accused and a sham trial was all that was offered against him, I'd go to town for him.

Risk the little I have. He seems to be worth it.

posted on Dec, 13 2018 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Damn this dude LOVES EO's. Funny enough, he doesn't even need to use EO's since he and his party have controlled the federal gov't all this time but yet here we are, more EO's. He and his supporters were the same hypocrites attacking Obama and calling him a dictator cuz he HAD to use EO's since the GOP stonewalled him every chance they got.

Do I care about this EO? Nope. Is it a promise I ever heard him make? Nope. Does it affect me or anyone I know? Nope. Promise of garbage from a garbage POTUS who I hope will be brought down BY THE DEEP STATE sooner rather than later.

LOL@TRUMP and his lame duck EO's.

posted on Dec, 13 2018 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Maybe at some point, they will review all of the regulations that makes it almost impossible to start up a new business.

I get the larger, established businesses hate competition, but at some point I wonder if we will delve into what actually helps our country grow and prosper.

So instead of creating jobs and making us more competitive with foreign companies, they want to place a bandaid on this issue, hoping it will go away?

Look What These 25 Regulations Are Doing to Small Businesses

smallbiztrends.com...

Regulations That Hurt Small Businesses:

The Affordable Care Act
Federal Tax Code
Overtime Rules
Government Contractor Pay
Mandatory Sick Leave
Independent Contractor Rules
Safety and Health Act
Reporting Requirements on Gender, Ethnicity and Pay
Clean Water Act
Coal Emission Rules
Carbon Emissions Rules
EPA’s Risk Management Program
Truth-In-Advertising
Fair Packaging and Labeling Act
FDA Regulations
State and Local Inspections
USDA Regulations
Joint Employment Rules
Minimum Wage
Unemployment Insurance
Immigration and Nationality Act
Employee Retirement Income Security Act
Identity Theft Regulation
Fiduciary Rules for Advisors
State Licensing Requirements

posted on Dec, 13 2018 @ 04:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: 727Sky

So let the political games begin as soon as January or by the latest come March.. Seems like one other person (Ceasar) had some political problems long long ago come March.

Caesar was killed by his own allies in the Senate.

Something worth remembering. Trump will not be removed from office unless the GOP Majority in the Senate vote for his removal.

posted on Dec, 13 2018 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Rather than bitching 'because Trump' people should be saying how can we improve this and make it even better, thank you Trump.

You're delusional, you think people all people want to live like you do, I hate to break it to you but no.. You are very wrong.

Wait so, people don't want healthy lives and economic improvement for themselves?

Not sure what you're trying to argue here.

Surely you aren't arguing that ghettos are a good thing.

posted on Dec, 13 2018 @ 06:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wardaddy454

Wait so, people don't want healthy lives and economic improvement for themselves?

Not sure what you're trying to argue here.

Surely you aren't arguing that ghettos are a good thing.

I'm arguing that coming in sprucing up the neighborhoods will be problematic, unless a solution is found for the people who reside there currently, when the rents increase and the people there have to move on where will they go?

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join