It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

President Trump Signs E.O. that Creates OPPORTUNITY ZONES...Another Promise Kept.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2018 @ 11:28 PM
link   
a reply to: worldstarcountry

It's a reality we live with, there is a balance like good and evil, ying and yang, rich and poor. Live is diverse and as much as you wish you lived in Elysium you don't, it's not a perfect world and likely never will be.

posted on Dec, 19 2018 @ 12:29 AM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed
No, it can never be perfect. But it can remain civil and stable to a greater degree. I for one am happy I can cut across the streets now when I am in the area. Streets are there for a reason. And considering I went to school in the area of Seminole and Tampa heights, I am proud to see how it has improved itself and how much cleaner it has become in my adulthood.

That is a legacy we can say was successful for our next generation. You should move here too

posted on Dec, 19 2018 @ 01:22 AM
link   

Much of the western world is reasonably civil , there are bad and dangerous places all over the world but none seem as messed up some of the cities you guys have in the U.S., its reasonable to assume that this being the case our outlooks on the world around us must differ quite a bit.

posted on Dec, 19 2018 @ 01:26 AM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed
Well maybe you can visit in the winter like the Canadians. Canada loves us. Our hockey team gives them a run for the money.

posted on Dec, 19 2018 @ 01:41 AM
link   

Ive see enough of the U.S for now, I have lots of other places I want to visit before I venture back, but its certainly not off the table...

posted on Dec, 19 2018 @ 01:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: worldstarcountry
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss
If the neighborhoods have been run down for decades, but it suddenly gets cleaner, more job additions, and reduced crime in a handful of years thanks to outside money perhaps the locals should piss off and find a dirty gutter they are more comfortable living in.

I have personally seen this improvements along the Florida avenue corridor from Sligh & FL up to MLK & FL. Seminole and Tampa heights have benefitted a great deal from these kinds of improvements. Both Central Park and west boulevard homes were absolutely # housing projects rife with drugs, prostitution and other criminal activity that are now gone and soon be replaced with similar development projects to continue bringing the downtown area to a thriving full service community, instead of the void of entitlement tax leeches that existed prior draining the counties coffers with high density rent subsidies and extra heavy policing.

Of course our county has pulled off alot of this on it's own, but hopefully this executive action could still be of benefit to get rid of Robles park, the last housing projects left standing in Tampa. None of these places Even had Central ac, and the friends I went to school with always used to complain about living in the # holes.

Former residents get first dibs to move back in the new neighborhoods anyways, but most never do. They toss that chapter of their lives to history and enjoy being pulled out of the bad memories associated with those locations.

Newsflash: all that gentrification did for everybody was move it to freakin' Palmetto and Bradenton to the south. Great job there, eh? Didn't fix jack s#, just moved it over a ways.

That's the problem with gentrification, it just pushes out the problems to new stomping grounds, it does NOT fix them.

Watch these areas Trump's promising to revamp improve, but neighboring areas nosedive sharply. Because nobody had the brains to think "hey, all we're doing is pricing the residents out with these jacked up property values and rents, and shoving it under the rug next town over..."

posted on Dec, 19 2018 @ 02:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

Watch these areas Trump's promising to revamp improve, but neighboring areas nosedive sharply. Because nobody had the brains to think "hey, all we're doing is pricing the residents out with these jacked up property values and rents, and shoving it under the rug next town over..."

That's the politician MO , they are middle men that spend everyone elses money, big problem is they have never earned money honestly so therefor have no way to be honest with it. pass the buck for future generations is the class of high achievers.

posted on Mar, 17 2019 @ 11:33 PM
link   
March 17, 2019

The OPPORTUNITY ZONES Executive Order is starting to bear fruit.

Housing and Urban Development Dept. Secretary Ben Carson, gives some examples.

Good News: www.theepochtimes.com...

I wonder if a Democrat as President would overturn this Executive Order? Maybe he/she would do it, just because Trump's name is attached. Never mind the negative effects on American lives.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join