It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vegan and anger

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2018 @ 12:05 PM
link   
a reply to: watchitburn

We as a civilization,wouldn't be sitting here right now if we never killed or ate meat.

we wouldn't be sitting here without wild sex orgies and mass murder/genocide either...

the point of OP is, why do you care so much about what she does or doesn't eat? how does it effect you in any way.

nobody care how much you know about human teeth, or anthorpology, or the history of civilzation. nobody cares what you have to say on the topic. no person cares how smart you want to try to make yourself look. nobody cares what youy think a good diet is. nobody.

keep it to yourself, and eat what you want. let others do the same.

with the modern technology we have here in this civilization of ours we suddenly dont have to rely on killing animals and if some people don't want to...nobody cares

posted on Dec, 6 2018 @ 12:07 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

I waiting for the inevitable follow up threads, 'I'm an Atheist, why do religious people give me crap?' and the ever popular, 'I'm a crossfitter, why do people who only work out 1 hour a day think I'm bonkers?'.

posted on Dec, 6 2018 @ 12:07 PM
link   

keep it to yourself, and eat what you want. let others do the same.

This is the EXACT problem with Vegans, they absolutely can't keep it to themselves!
I was enjoying an egg and a vegan told me it was like eating a chicken period!!!
I don't go up to Vegans and tell them the are eating all the animals food!

posted on Dec, 6 2018 @ 12:09 PM
link   
a reply to: spacedoubt

My canines are my justification. It's called evolution.

posted on Dec, 6 2018 @ 12:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Skorpiogurl
So I have a question. Please no nasty responses!

I am a vegan simply for my own personal values. I don't say much about it and only talk about it when someone asks me about it.

Why would they ask you about it unless you first told them? And here you started a thread about it. Seems to me you fit the stereotype.

posted on Dec, 6 2018 @ 12:12 PM
link   
a reply to: smkymcnugget420

Why are you replying to me but quoting someone else?

posted on Dec, 6 2018 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Don't worry,nobody cares.

Back on topic.
I saw a good recipe for a vegan steak I want to try...not gonna throw the baby out with the bathwater.

posted on Dec, 6 2018 @ 12:16 PM
link   
a reply to: DrumsRfun

What part of the vegan is it from?

posted on Dec, 6 2018 @ 12:17 PM
link   
a reply to: smkymcnugget420

we wouldn't be sitting here without wild sex orgies and mass murder/genocide either...

I can vouch for this. But don’t forget the rituals. And blood. Lots of blood.

posted on Dec, 6 2018 @ 12:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Skorpiogurl

I was vegan for a decade and I know what you are talking about, just saying you are vegan inspires criticism like people who are not vegan are offended or something.
I never campaigned against meat eaters, but the meat eaters got butt hurt and gave me loads of snip.
I still eat very little animal products and cook beans/pulses, but I totally know what you mean, just a life choice and the meat eaters get offended even if you aren't campaigning.
The meat eaters are worse than vegans in my opinion, something in their psyche they have to attack vegans.

posted on Dec, 6 2018 @ 12:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Skorpiogurl
So I have a question. Please no nasty responses!

I am a vegan simply for my own personal values. I don't say much about it and only talk about it when someone asks me about it. I don't go around feeling or acting like I am better than anyone and I never say a word about what other people chose to eat. So why is it that someone will ask me a question about it and once I answer it's like an all-out war. I don't feel that I need to defend my own personal choices and I don't expect anyone else too. But it's always the same... first all the questions, then the odd looks, then the self defense mode... Furthermore, lately it's been really getting to me that I actually live in a world where I'm forced to argue with people about the fact that animals shouldn't be harmed... really? What happened to values and kindness? Why is everyone so angry?

Thanks!

You answered your own question. See the snippet I bolded above when you stated

the fact that animals shouldn't be harmed

You are stating that is is a FACT that animals SHOULDN''T' be harmed. That, my friend, is NOT a fact, that is your opinion. That is your problem with being a vegan. You fail to grasp that in one sentence you are judging other peoples decision to eat meat, because of your own biases against it. Simply put, had you said

I don't think it's right that animals be harmed for me to eat

...then you are not accusing or passing judgement on others. No, you are then opening up the conversation on the topic with an open mind.

Perhaps if you tried this instead of opening with the prior judgmental approach, you will find others more receptive and less argumentative.

Try it at least and let us know how it goes.

edit on 12/6/2018 by Krakatoa because: clarified a statement

posted on Dec, 6 2018 @ 12:35 PM
link   

I don't say much about it and only talk about it when someone asks me about it

That makes you a unicorn in the world of vegans. Seriously, most vegans are worse than a evangelical Christian when it comes to shoving their BS down your throat. Eating animals as food is natural and part of life and has been for the length of human history. Get over yourself and maybe people will leave you alone.

posted on Dec, 6 2018 @ 12:39 PM
link   
It's the way Vegans preach and look down on people who eat meat, and then we get to the nutritional vegans with the cherry picked health studies, it's nauseating the lengths that they go to! This crap got worse with the rise of youtube vegans, it's spread like a damn virus at this point.

Vegans are like the westboro baptist church of food and nutrition, it's a cult for most of them, a religion! this is why non vegans have the reactions they do.

I once got a death threat on a forum because i put a picture up of a lamb steak that i was having for tea, the guy went crazy, so I sent him a picture the next day of the burger i was about to eat. it's that kind of stupid # that bothers me, it's nobodies business what anyone eats, if you're vegan I don't care, that's awesome for you! I find vegetables repulsive, my palette just can't tolerate them, I can't even eat coriander (cilantro for americans) it literally taste like soap in my mouth! point is if we didn't go around judging people for what they ate, I doubt there would be any reaction at all, because most people don't care.

posted on Dec, 6 2018 @ 12:42 PM
link   
I've been a vegetarian for over twenty years now - since I was a teenager - and I can honestly say I've never had people respond to me with anger. There have been occasional jokes, and light-hearted jabs, but no anger.

It's just a nonissue. My husband isn't vegetarian, and none of my three kids are either (so far, I doubt any of them will be but who knows). Strangely enough, I'm always the extended family's hostess for thanksgiving. I'm told I make an excellent turkey... and ham. I could be called a hypocrite for being willing to cook meat for others (although I do always try to get the free-range and local meats). But I see it as accepting the fact that the way I choose to eat is counter-cultural and I don't expect anyone to change their diet because of how I eat. I'm glad I have the freedom to choose how I eat, and so does everyone else.

Sorry that you feel like a lot of angry has been directed towards you. I just wouldn't engage in any kind of debate, honestly. Just smile and shrug your shoulders. To each is own. Maybe the difference could be vegetarian vs vegan. Some people see veganism as more extreme and more prone to aggressive evangelists.

posted on Dec, 6 2018 @ 12:43 PM
link   
a reply to: valiant
Meat eaters are worse than vegans in my opinion, butt hurt just because someone chooses not to consume or use animal products.
...maybe it is because they feel guilty about their choices?

posted on Dec, 6 2018 @ 12:46 PM
link   

lately it's been really getting to me that I actually live in a world where I'm forced to argue with people about the fact that animals shouldn't be harmed

Sounds like you need to increase your bacon intake (real bacon. Not that plastic rubbish).

Bacon solves all.

posted on Dec, 6 2018 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Skorpiogurl - good for you for respecting animal lives and their unique personalities. All animals have a joy and ability to communicate. I respect you so much for your choice.

I am a meat eater and I have greatly reduced my meat consumption. I love meat. I have a household pet chicken and ever since she came into our lives I can't eat meat without acknowledging the life that was taken so I could nourish my body and mind with it.

edit on 6/12/18 by ccseagull because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2018 @ 12:49 PM
link   

They have evolved to be very small.

posted on Dec, 6 2018 @ 12:50 PM
link   
a reply to: CornishCeltGuy

Nope, zero guilt.

Some studies even say that being Vegan hurts more animals than meat eaters:

www.indy100.com...

If you want any particular crop to grow effectively, then yes – you’re going to have to kill or remove certain pests: both animals and plants. So it could be argued that vegans are causing the death of animals by requiring monocultures of wheat or other grains to be grown.

posted on Dec, 6 2018 @ 12:51 PM
link   
a reply to: CornishCeltGuy

I've seen some stupid reactions from meat eaters before, but it's few and far between in comparison. As you say, 'in your opinion', and same for me. I am not arsed either way! I don't care what anyone eats, and nobody should, it's silly!

I don't feel an ounce of guilt when i bite into my food! I don't know about others?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join