It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Once again. . . I find myself at deaths door. . . . .

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2018 @ 01:11 PM
link   

I am bed-ridden. A shell of my former self. A wasted individual, shriveled and sunken. I think all together, I may have lost 2 or even 3 pounds in my battle with. . . . .

MAN FLU.

My dear sweet wife, she is so strong, is tending to me in my final hours on this earthly plane. The children at my bedside while I utter what may be my last words. . . . .

This is a battle where only the strongest will survive. I can only hope that I have the strength, but I fear for the worse. I now have a sinus issue. My nose. . . .my nose is running.

And I have a cough.

Pray for me as I fight the most epic cosmic battle ever fought.

Pray for me. . . . . .
edit on 27-11-2018 by DBCowboy because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2018 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Oh My God !!!
Call the CDC !!
Page Dr House stat !!

Hang in there brother, chicken soup is on the way.

posted on Nov, 27 2018 @ 01:17 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Best cure for the man-flu, A good bowl of chinese hot and sour soup. Seriously, this stuff works!

If you have a sore throat gargle with warm water and cayenne pepper. Sounds weird and tastes bad but
it heals and soothes at the same time.

posted on Nov, 27 2018 @ 01:20 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

Is it the same thing if I have my wife go out and get Chinese food and a six pack of Chinese beer?

Just asking for a friend.

*cough*

posted on Nov, 27 2018 @ 01:21 PM
link   

You snowflake....just chug a 5th of whiskey. I like Whistle Pig.

posted on Nov, 27 2018 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Yeah all that toxic masculinity builds up and has no outlet.

All the other genders have no clue how difficult it is to be a man.

#MeFlu

edit on 27-11-2018 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2018 @ 01:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64
Oh My God !!!
Call the CDC !!
Page Dr House stat !!

Hang in there brother, chicken soup is on the way.

I may not make it without. . . *gasp*. . . without a nice hot chocolate with some schnapps in it.

But my wife keeps hitting me when I ask.

posted on Nov, 27 2018 @ 01:23 PM
link   

-Hot water

-apple cider vinegar

-honey

-cayenne pepper

Mix, drink, and refrain from all network television. Especially court room shows. Holy crap those are terrible. All of them. Just humanity's failures on awkward display. Barf.

posted on Nov, 27 2018 @ 01:25 PM
link   
a reply to: AgarthaSeed

Bed-ridden as I am, the wife has been cruel and has it turned onto "The Hallmark" channel.

I'm writing her out of the will.

posted on Nov, 27 2018 @ 01:26 PM
link   
My remedy would be multiple hot showers, a hot toddy with American Honey Whiskey, a nap, bone broth, another hot shower, a hot toddy, a nap.....repeat until better.

posted on Nov, 27 2018 @ 01:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: JAGStorm

Is it the same thing if I have my wife go out and get Chinese food and a six pack of Chinese beer?

Just asking for a friend.

*cough*

Yes as long as there is Hot and sour soup in there.

posted on Nov, 27 2018 @ 01:28 PM
link   

When Death gets really close, all you have to do is remind him of your infamous flatulence and you're good for at least another 10 years.

#PrayforDB

posted on Nov, 27 2018 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Take this opportunity to do what I do when I get a cold (luckily once every 7 years, god only knows how I am resilient to viruses, I'm convince maybe it's because I am one).

Honey whiskey.

I don't think it helps heal in any way, in fact, it may add a few days to the ailment.

That said, it makes the time more bearable, for the infected at least.... It may make others around you less comfortable, but screw em'.

posted on Nov, 27 2018 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Bone-breaking hold-my-beer adventures with smiles on our faces, but let us get sick and WAH!!

posted on Nov, 27 2018 @ 01:32 PM
link   
I just made a pot of medicinal chicken and rice soup. I got scared when I sneezed so took out a chicken from the freezer last night and made a big pot. I got my bowl and the wife took most of it over to my youngest daughter, she likes my soup. I only need maybe four or five bowls a week of soup but make two huge pots a week giving most of it away to the kids and their families. Strange how the soups I designed to control my epilepsy kick the # out of viruses. From my research, they are also strongly anticancer....but I don't have cancer....oh well, no side effects from this chemotherapy anyway.

Man up DC and act like the world is ending, that is how most guys act when they can't do what they want to do.
edit on 27-11-2018 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2018 @ 01:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Bed-ridden as I am, the wife has been cruel and has it turned onto "The Hallmark" channel.

You've driven her to a safe space, DB.

posted on Nov, 27 2018 @ 01:36 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

I had thanksgiving with a bunch of my relatives from out of town, needless to say I have a whole mess of turkey.

I've re-purposed said turkey into white turkey chili, it's been helping me with these weird weather shifts, bolstering my immune system and providing hot spicy sustenance.

God bless everyone who works in my office, may the lord be with them through this trying time.

posted on Nov, 27 2018 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Eat an entire jar of pickled garlic,drink a fifth of vodka call me in the morning.
The Ukrainian cure all.

edit on 27-11-2018 by Athetos because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2018 @ 01:39 PM
link   
You big girls blouse... get a grip you poofter...

Erm... Can I have your ball hammer when you die?

Warmest respects as usual and don’t forget the ball hammet...

Lags

posted on Nov, 27 2018 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Woah DB! Ya had me worried there....!
Lots of rest, fluids, aspirin...Brandy (if that's your thing)!

And TIME...you'll be as good as....uh oh...er...you were before you posted this thread.

Now...get off the net!!!!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join