It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Animals Helping Other Animals

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2018 @ 10:03 AM
link   
These are videos of animals coming to the rescue of other animals in distress. Some surprising, some sad.

The one of the bird feeding the fish was my favorite one I think. Have a look!

posted on Nov, 23 2018 @ 10:22 AM
link   
a reply to: ladyinwaiting

I really enjoyed that video, thanks.
One of my favorite scenes was the bear on the interstate picking up it's cub.

When I am making a fast trip to NC, I take Interstate 40 through the mountains. One of the last few times I went, up ahead I saw something big in the lane next to the concrete barrier. People are moving so quickly through there and there are so many tractor trailers that there really is no where to go but to keep on moving. Anyway, as I passed I saw it was a bear. It appeared that it got against the barrier, trying to cross the highway, and was hit before it could make it over.
There really is only a couple of inches between your vehicle and the barrier and no way to swerve to avoid it.

Gosh, didn't mean to bring the vibe down...just sharing...

Thanks again for the video Lady!

posted on Nov, 23 2018 @ 10:46 AM
link   
a reply to: TNMockingbird

Aw, that must have been disturbing to see.

There are a couple in this vid that were sad too, such as an animal trying to help an animal who is already deceased.

posted on Nov, 23 2018 @ 11:23 AM
link   

I think it is amazing how dogs and cats, usually female, are willing to care for babies from another mother:

edit on 11232018 by seattlerat because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2018 @ 11:43 AM
link   
I have a passion for animals and have rescued many through the years. It is heartwarming to see these animals and their compassion for each other. Thank you for sharing!

posted on Nov, 23 2018 @ 12:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

It's funny! When I thought to post this, I was thinking nobody would be interested, and then I thought to myself
"Well, TNM and Nightstar will like it".

I thought the cat rescuing the little fish from that ... contraption.. was amazing!
Wouldn't most cats have eaten that fish? Wonders never cease...

posted on Nov, 23 2018 @ 12:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: ladyinwaiting
a reply to: TNMockingbird

Aw, that must have been disturbing to see.

There are a couple in this vid that were sad too, such as an animal trying to help an animal who is already deceased.

It was and I am such a baby that I take on pain for other's suffering, animal and human.
My girls say that I would crash into a tree in my car trying to avoid a squirrel and there is probably a lot of truth in that. LOL

The elephants are my favorite also. There is a place near me that is an elephant sanctuary for retired and rescued "show" elephants and their stories and the folks that are trying to help them along in their later years are dear to my heart.

posted on Nov, 23 2018 @ 01:04 PM
link   

The one that pops in my mind right away is the adult monkey trying to save a young one at a railway in India.

There's another well known one where a bonobo in a zoo tried to save a bird that had flown into glass and knocked itself out. Things like that might make us all review our notions of sentience and whether we really are so different.

posted on Nov, 23 2018 @ 01:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Kandinsky

Things like that might make us all review our notions of sentience and whether we really are so different.

Doesn't it though? Survival and protective instincts are strong, but when you see them outside one's own species in the animal world, it's astounding.

I was surprised to see all the bystanders not lifting a finger. I guess they were afraid, but I swear a couple of times the large animal looked over at the crowd as if to ask for help.

posted on Nov, 24 2018 @ 01:49 AM
link   

I was surprised to see all the bystanders not lifting a finger. I guess they were afraid, but I swear a couple of times the large animal looked over at the crowd as if to ask for help.

Bystanders do the same with people on train tracks too. Two or three break away and save the day while commuters stand watching or getting their phones out.

Doesn't it though? Survival and protective instincts are strong, but when you see them outside one's own species in the animal world, it's astounding.

Yes it is. I suspect we're going to find sentience is like a light that shines through other species to a far greater extent than we used to believe.

Back to animals helping each other...remember the dog and cat from early this year?

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-43666657

posted on Nov, 25 2018 @ 01:58 AM
link   
One of my favorite topics pertaining to fur babies. It's heartbreaking but gives light to actions that are not just instinctual but sentient in compassion when you see them trying to help their injured friends and others. From memorials for the deceased(such as elephants) and no leaving the side of a deceased friend, to even seemingly guarding a home after fire destruction(see CampFire dog guarding home).

posted on Feb, 18 2019 @ 10:42 AM
link   
This is just incredible.

posted on Feb, 18 2019 @ 10:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Oorend
This is just incredible.

What's incredible is you come to ATS find the off topic section and relentlessly spam your BS every few days.

Do you think anyone actually clicks that #, what you think this is internet 2003?

Anyways I always have fun find you losers and getting you banned.

It gives me pleasures.

posted on Feb, 27 2019 @ 10:11 AM
link   
What a great video! Thanks a lot! I wish people were ready to help each other this way!

new topics

top topics

join