It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How is Trump Anti-Immigrant?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2018 @ 11:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Krakatoa

Is it not true that the ruling upper class in majority Spanish mix?

Most of Mexico regardless of outward tan is a mix of native and the oppressive white Spanish who sold the US every bit of land north of the river.
edit on 11152018 by Butterfinger because: "Bit of"

posted on Nov, 15 2018 @ 11:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha
a reply to: Propagandalf

He’s for a merit based immigration system. That doesn’t mean he’s “anti huddled masses”.

Of course not. His words, actions and policies mean that.

No, they don't. Ellis Island was an official point of entry. The huddled masses followed laws.

posted on Nov, 15 2018 @ 11:36 AM
link   

There was no such thing as illegal aliens until the 20th century.

People came worked and went back regularly. Immigration you are referring to was naturalization not guest workers.

And no Ellis island was not where all immigrants entered the country. Its where Europeans did.
edit on 15-11-2018 by luthier because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2018 @ 11:55 AM
link   
a reply to: luthier

There was no such thing as illegal aliens until the 20th century.

People came worked and went back regularly. Immigration you are referring to was naturalization not guest workers.

And no Ellis island was not where all immigrants entered the country. Its where Europeans did.

If it was the 20th century, how do you explain the Chinese exclusion act of 1882? It's a small quibble, but you're essentially right. Immigration was never a problem until the population became much larger.

Just to be clear, I never said Ellis Island was not where all immigrants entered the country. So your point is moot. But one-third of Americans can trace their lineage to someone who came through Ellis Island, and most of those who did so did well into the 20th century.

posted on Nov, 15 2018 @ 12:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Butterfinger
a reply to: Krakatoa

Is it not true that the ruling upper class in majority Spanish mix?

Most of Mexico regardless of outward tan is a mix of native and the oppressive white Spanish who sold the US every bit of land north of the river.

And how does their skin color matter at all? That is my point....just mentioning it means you were thinking of it enough to put it to words. So, therefore, you were thinking of skin color before behavior....right?

posted on Nov, 15 2018 @ 12:09 PM
link   
In the mind of the low-info leftist, ‘illegal immigrant’ means ‘immigrant’.

The low-info leftist mind is also extremely racist as it believes that ‘illegal immigrant’ somehow means ‘non-white’. It also believes that anyone who IS opposed to immigration (legal or illegal) is somehow racist because understanding the true reasons behind people’s reasoning is too hard and it’s best to rely on cnn for their opinion.

The President wants people to immigrate to the United States. If that means he’s anti-immigrant then I’m missing something.

He NEVER said anything even remotely close to ‘All Mexicans are rapists’, that was a lie by cnn who made the claim and then proceeded to show the clip where he never said anything even remotely close. But the low-iq hivemind didn’t even listen to him, they just heard the cnn headline and were instantly convinced.

He’s not a racist. He’s not anti immigration. But by all means low-iq leftists, keep hating because cnn says he’s a racist and he’s anti immigration.

Remember, even if he was anti immigration, that would NOT make him a racist.
edit on 15 11 2018 by Breakthestreak because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2018 @ 12:10 PM
link   

I would use history and say the didnt let Chinese into the country because they were slaves and forced labor.

No immigration became a problem during the great depression. We didnt even have green cards until relatively recently.

My point is Congress messed this up. The south west had booming cities and needed the labor, there were also massive voids in agriculture.

Instead of making a work Visa program to deal with worker shortages the two parties decided it would be better to exploit the guest workers for votes or cheap labor no rights.

This issue is the fault of the governors of the border states 2 Republican and two democratic based states, and Congress.

Texas would not have grown without the illegal labor. There just wasnt enough to keep up with growth. I answered an add in a paper in the North east for carpentry work 20 years ago , they couldn't find the labor even blanketing the entire country.

posted on Nov, 15 2018 @ 12:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Breakthestreak

Strange how the right never mentions the employers of the 11 million working illegals.

Must be they dont want to piss off the donors.

posted on Nov, 15 2018 @ 01:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: luthier

I would use history and say the didnt let Chinese into the country because they were slaves and forced labor.

No immigration became a problem during the great depression. We didnt even have green cards until relatively recently.

My point is Congress messed this up. The south west had booming cities and needed the labor, there were also massive voids in agriculture.

Instead of making a work Visa program to deal with worker shortages the two parties decided it would be better to exploit the guest workers for votes or cheap labor no rights.

This issue is the fault of the governors of the border states 2 Republican and two democratic based states, and Congress.

Texas would not have grown without the illegal labor. There just wasnt enough to keep up with growth. I answered an add in a paper in the North east for carpentry work 20 years ago , they couldn't find the labor even blanketing the entire country.

That would be a fair point. I suppose I'm just unsure what it has to do with the topic of conversation.

posted on Nov, 15 2018 @ 01:24 PM
link   

The point is trump is using the issue to rally populism but has no solution I have heard for the actual problem.

Is that racist not really. Is it dishonest absolutely.

Employer verification and employer stiff penalties would do far more to stop mass immigration.

However that iant even the problem. The problem is these folks should have a permit for the length of time their work sponsor applies for and it's done on the books. If they keep good standing in the us they should be considered for citzenship.

Nearly every moderate I have heard says this.

Yet the Democrats and Republicans keep the wedge issue to well,...drive a wedge.

Meanwhile the actual real conversation is avoided. And we stay in this perpetual land of circular rhetoric.

People should be pissed the guest worker get welfare to subsidize the employers not paying illegal workers benefits and taxes.

But the laborer becomes the scapegoat instead. When in reality they mostly spend all the money they make and it goes to sales tax.

Meanwhile the employers save billions. No workmanship comp etc...

That's my issue having been on the front line as a carpenter forced to work in that environment.

posted on Nov, 15 2018 @ 01:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: luthier

The point is trump is using the issue to rally populism but has no solution I have heard for the actual problem.

Is that racist not really. Is it dishonest absolutely.

Employer verification and employer stuff penalties would do far more to stop mass immigration.

However that iant even the problem. The problem is these folks should have a permit for the length of time their work sponsor applies for and it's done on the books. If they keep good standing in the us they should be considered for citzenship.

Nearly every moderate I have heard says this.

Yet the Democrats and Republicans keep the wedge issue to well,...drive a wedge.

Meanwhile the actual real conversation is avoided. And we stay in this perpetual land of circular rhetoric.

Out of curiosity, what is the "actual problem"? Because Trump has come up with the wall idea, upping border security, expanding e-verify, promoting a merit based system, ending chain-migration and visa lottery, etc.

posted on Nov, 15 2018 @ 01:37 PM
link   

The actual problem is we have massive labor shortages in some industries hence the 11 million here working...

The border wall aint going to stop people from coming if there is work in mass. Companies get caught smuggling them in and get a tiny slap, Tyson was caught several times while I lived in Texas employing hundreds and literally trucking them over.

They will still end up in shipping containers etc.

I also don't consider the immigrants a problem. I consider Congress and the governors the problem.

Every country in the world keeps control of this through employment verification.

Here you could employ hundreds..I literally daw developments with hundreds while Rick Perry was governor. Now he is in the cabinet.

Surely Rick Perry new millions of illegals were building his cities? But that incoming property tax money was so delicious.

posted on Nov, 15 2018 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Trump is anti American, he even insists his own Da is German...while the truth is that Dada was born in New Yoik...

posted on Nov, 15 2018 @ 01:49 PM
link   

The good thing about labor shortages is that businesses will have to spend more in order to attract new workers. This bodes well for American workers. But so long as low-skilled illegals are undercutting tax-paying citizens, employers are going to take advantage, driving the American worker away.

I understand saying congress is a problem—they are in charge of immigration reform—but labor shortages are more a symptom of illegal immigration than a cause of it.

posted on Nov, 15 2018 @ 01:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: smurfy

Trump is anti American, he even insists his own Da is German...while the truth is that Dada was born in New Yoik...

I'm not sure how any of your premises lead to the conclusion.

posted on Nov, 15 2018 @ 01:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Propagandalf

The good thing about labor shortages is that businesses will have to spend more in order to attract new workers. This bodes well for American workers. But so long as low-skilled illegals are undercutting tax-paying citizens, employers are going to take advantage, driving the American worker away.

I understand saying congress is a problem—they are in charge of immigration reform—but labor shortages are more a symptom of illegal immigration than a cause of it.

That is literally not true. We have massive labor shortages in the trades including those that require liscensing illegals can't get.

I have been I carpenter, cabinet maker, and furniture maker for 15 years. It isnt illegals stopping people from becoming carpenters and the data shows the opposite.

We have 3 percent unemployment. There literally are not Americans to even take over the 11 million jobs they occupy now.

Do you really believe Americans becoming roofers in Texas is step up?

Your argument doesnt reflect actual economics.

posted on Nov, 15 2018 @ 01:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Propagandalf

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

He’s for a merit based immigration system. That doesn’t mean he’s “anti huddled masses”.

Of course not. His words, actions and policies mean that.

No, they don't. Ellis Island was an official point of entry. The huddled masses followed laws.

Ellis Island closed in 1924 and has nothing to do with Trump and his words, actions and policies on immigration and asylum seeking "huddled masses".

posted on Nov, 15 2018 @ 01:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

Ellis Island is a historical site that opened in 1892 as an immigration station, a purpose it served for more than 60 years until it closed in 1954.

history.com
edit on 15-11-2018 by Propagandalf because: (no reason given)

edit on 15-11-2018 by Propagandalf because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2018 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Because he runs half his campaign on immigration reform and a giant freaking wall. I'm for proper immigration laws, but Trump amplified it to ridiculous levels.

Now he has millions chanting "build that wall". He puts the illusion out there that immigrants are the cause of most of our problems.

So now we'll build a giant wall, hire more tax payer funded immigration employees to guard the wall, and then have a celebration while we're billions in debt..

How about fixing immigration court so that immigrants aren't waiting years to have their case heard and then being put up against bias uncaring judges who may be throwing good people away.

My point is that trump is a moron. His solutions are moron solutions.

Fox the problems going on already instead of building a wall. Talk intelligently about it and create positive discussion.

Current discussion is; "democrats want to let rapists and traffickers in our country with no oversight or laws".

That's not discussion, that's fear mongering.

posted on Nov, 15 2018 @ 02:10 PM
link   

That is literally not true. We have massive labor shortages in the trades including those that require liscensing illegals can't get.

I have been I carpenter, cabinet maker, and furniture maker for 15 years. It isnt illegals stopping people from becoming carpenters and the data shows the opposite.

We have 3 percent unemployment. There literally are not Americans to even take over the 11 million jobs they occupy now.

Do you really believe Americans becoming roofers in Texas is step up?

Your argument doesnt reflect actual economics.

I never said illegals are stopping people from getting jobs. I explicitly said "so long as low-skilled illegals are undercutting tax-paying citizens, employers are going to take advantage, driving the American worker away." Sorry, but a strawman isn't an argument.

Without illegals, some industries will be short of labor, sure. They'll have to hire people, innovate, or go under. I'm not sure how that is a problem.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join