It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is happening with May and the BREXIT right now?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2018 @ 06:00 AM
link   
Dominic Raab - resigned.
Esther McVey - resigned.
Suella Braverman - resigned.
Shailesh Vara - resigned.

May - stays.
Corbyn - attacks.

I would like to know the details, because I heard that the Nu Brexit offers: "Above all, the CBI welcomed the transitional period, which will last until the end of 2020, when the UK will remain in the EU single market and customs union for the time being in order to prevent a hard cut for the economy." Thats far more than I would have anticipated, as Merkel was a strict antagonist against a "soft Brexit" and this surely seems like one.

UK-members? What is wrong with the new deal?

edit on 15 11 2018 by ManFromEurope because: Edit: Corbyn, not Corby. Do not use Corby.

posted on Nov, 15 2018 @ 06:11 AM
link   
Dude....its 585 pages and from watching newsnite several csbinet level ministers havent even read it.

Im just happy watching the pound go down.

a reply to: ManFromEurope

+2 more 
posted on Nov, 15 2018 @ 06:16 AM
link   
its a state of vassalage.

May (the remainer) has managed (with the assistance of the opposition) to cobble together a deal that sees the UK remain in the EU...Keep paying, keep allowing our own laws to be dictated by an unelected council of ministers in Brussels, to keep on being beholden to that institution until THEY (not we) decide to cut us adrift...which will only happen when our country is no further use to them.

It's a total stab in the back for the 17million plus people who voted to leave in the expectation that we would leave.

posted on Nov, 15 2018 @ 06:18 AM
link   

I am no expert in UK politics but just read the main points of this new deal proposal. Its basically says that nothing will change until the end of 2020 only the UK will have no voting rights in anything the EU wants to force on them in the next 2 years, (or more as it is for indefinite time unless one of the parties wants to stop it, yeah right...) Plus the UK has to pay 39billion pounds to the EU, which they would not pay in a case of a hard no deal brexit.

Feels like all the Brexit voters voted for nothing...

posted on Nov, 15 2018 @ 06:19 AM
link   
What is wrong?

There are too many who can vote it down for their own personal gain.

Brexiteers - vote down because it isn't hard enough.

Labour - vote it down to try get into power.

DUP - vote it down because it is unfair (in their eyes) on Irish border.

Everyone is totally divided. We all have our own opinions. Debate is futile.

Let it ride and see what the career politicians end up doing.

posted on Nov, 15 2018 @ 06:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: ManFromEurope

Nothing the wrong with the deal MFE it just our countries leaders are essentially chimpanzees and would argue over a banana skin

posted on Nov, 15 2018 @ 06:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: SprocketUK
its a state of vassalage.

May (the remainer) has managed (with the assistance of the opposition) to cobble together a deal that sees the UK remain in the EU...Keep paying, keep allowing our own laws to be dictated by an unelected council of ministers in Brussels, to keep on being beholden to that institution until THEY (not we) decide to cut us adrift...which will only happen when our country is no further use to them.

It's a total stab in the back for the 17million plus people who voted to leave in the expectation that we would leave.

But why does Corbyn attack? I thought that he has the whole of Labour party on his side?

And as far as I understood it, the UK can always decide to leave if they want to, but wants to have an extended stay till 2020 to find a way to deal with North Ireland.

I doubt that there will be not voting rights for the UK, at least not when concerning the UK in one way or the other.

posted on Nov, 15 2018 @ 06:55 AM
link   
But at least Dominic Raab learned that the "U"K is an island, that´s worth something too:

“I hadn’t quite understood the full extent of this, but if you look at the UK and look at how we trade in goods, we are particularly reliant on the Dover-Calais crossing."

The Guardian
It seems that the biggest idiots in the world all are politicians, while the thinkers have to work for minimum wage...

posted on Nov, 15 2018 @ 06:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: szino9

I am no expert in UK politics but just read the main points of this new deal proposal. Its basically says that nothing will change until the end of 2020 only the UK will have no voting rights in anything the EU wants to force on them in the next 2 years, (or more as it is for indefinite time unless one of the parties wants to stop it, yeah right...) Plus the UK has to pay 39billion pounds to the EU, which they would not pay in a case of a hard no deal brexit.

Feels like all the Brexit voters voted for nothing...

I do not think that the UK could cancel the 39billion pounds (more or less, the number does not seem to be fixed right now) in any way, hard brexit or not.

But this seems to be a way to stay in the EU forever and ignore the brexit votum, although that was not legally binding and such. How comes? Is May trying to find a more gentle way to emulate Boris J. by hanging on this until she is old enough to retire in dignity, whatever much might be left to her?

posted on Nov, 15 2018 @ 07:01 AM
link   

And as far as I understood it, the UK can always decide to leave if they want to, but wants to have an extended stay till 2020 to find a way to deal with North Ireland.

I wonder how differently this so called deal may have gone had May and the Tories polled a majority in the last GE? May clearly has no idea how the politics of appeasement pleases nobody.

originally posted by: DerBeobachter

It seems that the biggest idiots in the world all are politicians, while the thinkers have to work for minimum wage...

Yes and the 'rulers' seem terrified of the thinkers. That is why in the early stages of their setting up camp, intellectualism comes under fire from any of the fascist pigs that seek to control the commoners.

But this seems to be a way to stay in the EU forever and ignore the brexit votum, although that was not legally binding and such. How comes? Is May trying to find a more gentle way to emulate Boris J. by hanging on this until she is old enough to retire in dignity, whatever much might be left to her?

Or use this crappy deal as a means to force a second referendum?
edit on 15/11/2018 by teapot because: add

posted on Nov, 15 2018 @ 07:10 AM
link   

I wish I could be smarmy and bask in the chaos but its f**king scary where we're headed. I said this was a bad idea from the offset. Now look at us, divided and heading for a crash out of the EU or a civil uprising because we end up staying in....

... Interesting times!

posted on Nov, 15 2018 @ 07:14 AM
link   

It's designed to keep us in a customs union with the EU with the prospect of locking us in the Union indefinitely which will give us a worse deal than we have now as a full member of the union , it's a cop out ... a fudge designed and agreed by Europe to make the UK a Vassel state of Europe.

What is happening today is no surprise , the Chequers deal will be rejected by parliament and Mrs May will face a vote of No confidence in the coming days or weeks .... better late than never.

It's been announced that Jacob Rees-Mogg has submitted his letter of No confidence in Mrs May , 48 in total are needed to trigger a vote of No confidence in the PM , nobody (other than Tory party officials) know how many letters have been submitted so far but if we're not there yet Rees-Mogg's letter will embolden others to do so.

edit on 15-11-2018 by gortex because: edit to add

posted on Nov, 15 2018 @ 07:25 AM
link   

I'm not an expert on politics in that region (or any for that matter), but I do worry about the UK relationship with Ireland, a hard border could really shake things up.

posted on Nov, 15 2018 @ 10:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

I'm not an expert on politics in that region (or any for that matter), but I do worry about the UK relationship with Ireland, a hard border could really shake things up.

Realistically a hard border with Ireland in the sea would break up the UK and no UK Prime Minister would allow that to happen

posted on Nov, 15 2018 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Statement incoming from Theresa May.

Running about 20 minutes late at this point.

posted on Nov, 20 2018 @ 09:37 PM
link   
The only possible brexit deal is a NO-DEAL, even though banks are trying to scare people with their usual tricks like the italian spread and all the other nonsense.

Any Brexit so-called deal would be a capitulation to Juncker and the EU.
edit on 20-11-2018 by Flanker86 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2018 @ 10:29 PM
link   
This deal is the biggest deliberate betrayal of the public by the establishment in the history of the United Kingdom. Even bigger than when they lied us in back in the first place.

If it goes through it will destroy the conservative party and fatally undermine belief in democracy in a large swathe of the population. Nothing good will come from that.

The fact a Marxist and a terrorist sympathiser will end up PM in the short term is the least of our problems.

posted on Nov, 21 2018 @ 02:05 AM
link   
a reply to: justwokeup

Yeah but Corbyn wont deliver on it which will mean he wont win an election either. The people spoke and can speak again, May is going mad, Sturgeon is as mad as cheese, ROI calling the shots is ridiculous, ask them which side of the fence they want to sit on then put up the fence.

Screw the EU, appeasing them just emboldens them to make more demands, we should have negotiated from a position of strength (we import significantly) instead successions of politicians have screwed this up.

The UK voted to leave and the timeframe was next year, no other deal will meet the requirements that the referendum voted for and therefore, by not meeting the will of the people they work for, then she needs to be fired, not from within the party, but from the oversight to ensure politicians are serving the country as per democratic requirements.

Send May to the Tower of London.

posted on Nov, 21 2018 @ 02:28 AM
link   
All I'm getting at the moment is Spain wanting to block the exit because of Gibraltar. Any more info on that?

Peace

posted on Nov, 21 2018 @ 05:28 AM
link   

They (the UK) cannot leave without the consent of the EU. that is in the

small print.

Barnier has offered an extension to the UK up to 2022 BUT it is not

without a financial cost.

No Deal we will survive

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join