It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is happening with May and the BREXIT right now?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2018 @ 06:13 AM
link   
a reply to: ManFromEurope

No Deal is the only option for the UK at present.
The current deal makes us nothing better than a vassal state.

For one whole year May did nothing and all subsequent negotiations have been done on the back foot allowing the EU to dictate terms etc.
At the same time Project Fear has gradually ramped up its scaremongering.
The vast majority in both The Tory and Labour parties are Remainers....and they are all career politicians vying for prominence post Brexit and post May.

The only reservation I personally have about No Deal is the border issue in Ireland.

No-one wants a return to The Troubles.
And if I'm being honest I can not offer up any possible solution.....it is worrying.

Britian needs to show its renowned resolve, be strong and demand NO DEAL.

posted on Nov, 21 2018 @ 08:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

I dont disagree with you except May does not have the cajones to give the EU the two fingered salute in my humble opinion. Also do we genuinely think there will be a leadership challenge.
edit on 21/11/18 by macpdm because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2018 @ 08:36 AM
link   

Whilst I agree with you. I have been watching daily politics and a few other

political programmes and what i am finding is the play on words and the

massaging of phrases...... a few people are now trying to imply that a *no

deal* as in when Parliament does not accept what Theresa May brings back

from her meeting today with the EU. will undoubtedly be a no Brexit at all!

posted on Nov, 21 2018 @ 09:15 AM
link   
a reply to: macpdm

May is a Remainer....it has always been her intention to scupper Brexit talks and either fail to deliver any deal at all or water any deal down to such an extent that we aren't really leaving the EU.

a reply to: eletheia

No deal means we don't agree with the terms set out in May's pitiful excuse of a plan and as of 11pm on March 29th 2019 we will be leaving the EU with no agreement in place.
The EU can like it or lump it.

And any second referendum can only be on the terms of Brexit and NOT a second in our out referendum.
That needs to be made perfectly clear to the British people.

posted on Nov, 21 2018 @ 01:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Freeborn

No deal means we don't agree with the terms set out in May's pitiful excuse of a plan and as of 11pm on March 29th 2019 we will be leaving the EU with no agreement in place.
The EU can like it or lump it.

And any second referendum can only be on the terms of Brexit and NOT a second in our out referendum.
That needs to be made perfectly clear to the British people.

The comments by Ms Rudd, a committed pro-EU Tory, are a blow to the PM's PR push with Labour as she heads towards a crucial Commons vote on her Brexit deal.

Shadow Brexit minister Jenny Chapman declared triumphantly: "It was a bluff, of course it was a bluff."

Shadow Brexit Secretary Sir Keir Starmer added she had "ignored the No10 spin" and must now "drop the false choice between a bad deal and no deal".

But the remarks could also "scare" Tory Brexiteers into backing Mrs May's deal - to avoid having, in the Prime Minister's words, "no Brexit at all".

In an explicit new threat today, Ms Rudd warned: "The Brexiteers may lose their Brexit."

The Sunday Mirror revealed this week that Mrs May was planning to launch this strategy in a bid to persuade Leave-backing MPs to come on side.

www.msn.com...

posted on Nov, 21 2018 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Phillip Hammond on Peston tonight has just said "if they cannot get

T.M's deal voted through parliament..... there will be *N0 Brexit*"

Blackmail to get her pathetic deal, which will keep us ever tied to the

EU excepted. Well done Theresa Remainer May

posted on Nov, 21 2018 @ 06:17 PM
link   

If so then it is time for the people of the UK to show our politicians exactly where the power in this land lies now....we need direct action to ensure the will of the people is enacted upon.

Some baulk at this.....I think its an opportunity to show that ANGER IS POWER and the time is right for radical reform.

posted on Nov, 21 2018 @ 06:26 PM
link   

I see no reason to baulk at action against parliament.
If they deny us our demands, they forgo any legitimacy, much like George the 3rd did with the American colonies,

posted on Nov, 21 2018 @ 06:37 PM
link   
a reply to: SprocketUK

Exactly my thinking.

Parliament thinks it is the ultimate authority.
Yet its legitimacy stems from its duty to represent the wishes and best interests of the British people.

When that is no longer the case it follows that it no longer has any legitimacy and should be removed.....by whatever means possible.

The British people are the ultimate authority and I for one am sick of being rode roughshod over by an elite who treat the electorate with contempt and have no intention whatsoever to implement the will of the people.

posted on Nov, 21 2018 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Bang on, time for a new model government..This one actually of the people, not of the toffs or the neuvo toffs

posted on Nov, 21 2018 @ 11:22 PM
link   

There will be no new model. Prove me wrong, and stand up to your big words and start a revolution.

No? Thought not.

What will happen is that we'll have another referendum and rightly so and negotiate a better deal to stay in Europe. As was always the plan.

posted on Nov, 22 2018 @ 03:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: RMFX1

There will be no new model. Prove me wrong, and stand up to your big words and start a revolution.

No? Thought not.

What will happen is that we'll have another referendum and rightly so and negotiate a better deal to stay in Europe. As was always the plan.

I think you are mixing up predictions and hopes.
Of course there probably won't be a revolution anytime soon.
I think we need to redo our system though because it is looking far more like being ruled than being represented.

Why is it you hope that the UK stays part of the supranational antidemocratic mess that is the EU?

posted on Nov, 22 2018 @ 03:35 AM
link   
Couldn't resist...lol

(explicit lyrics...NSFW)

Sums it up pretty well.

Peace

edit on 2018pAmerica/ChicagoThu, 22 Nov 2018 03:36:09 -0600am3036201811 by operation mindcrime because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2018 @ 01:21 PM
link   

That would be some major conspiracy!

The British electorate screwed over with a fake vote just to force another, (real?), vote to get a better deal on EU membership? Whose 'plan' was it?

posted on Nov, 22 2018 @ 01:40 PM
link   
a reply to: teapot

silent coup, perhaps.

hat4uk.wordpress.com...

posted on Nov, 22 2018 @ 01:42 PM
link   

"Why is it you hope that the UK stays part of the supranational antidemocratic mess that is the EU?"

its called a lack of testicular fortitude.

posted on Nov, 22 2018 @ 01:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: teapot

That would be some major conspiracy!

The British electorate screwed over with a fake vote just to force another, (real?), vote to get a better deal on EU membership? Whose 'plan' was it?

Lol!!! Wouldn't that open the door to all other 27 countries doing

the same

Where would that leave the EU?

posted on Nov, 23 2018 @ 07:47 AM
link   
a reply to: username74

A silent coup eh. Very interesting and thanks for the link

posted on Nov, 23 2018 @ 08:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Freeborn

If so then it is time for the people of the UK to show our politicians exactly where the power in this land lies now....we need direct action to ensure the will of the people is enacted upon.

Some baulk at this.....I think its an opportunity to show that ANGER IS POWER and the time is right for radical reform.

Careful what you wish for mate. You know my views, remainer who accepts we lost and should just get on with it. However, all the polls show a clear desire now for remain - so if people were to rise up, they would be in the minority rather than majority.

We need a deal so our economy doesn't implode. Resolution is all about getting a win-win scenario but in the case of Brexit it is only ever going to be lose-lose. As such, Brexiters have to accept they will not get everything they want and remainers will have to accept the same, as will the EU. It doesn't look the best of deals - but it does look like the only one that has a chance of agreement.

posted on Nov, 23 2018 @ 09:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Flavian

The Remainers may have lost ..... But the leavers who technically won are

loosing with the deal which has been concocted by a remainer. Which means

there was a vote without a winner?

We need a deal so our economy doesn't implode. Resolution is all about getting a win-win scenario but in the case of Brexit it is only ever going to be lose-lose. As such, Brexiters have to accept they will not get everything they want and remainers will have to accept the same, as will the EU. It doesn't look the best of deals - but it does look like the only one that has a chance of agreement.

Leavers are not getting anything they want the main thrust for leaving

was a clean cut off from the EU. which wont be happening as we will still be

paying and the EU will have a veto on all we want, the ECJ will still have the

ability to over rule our courts...and the biggest laugh is that we need the EU to

allow us to leave
temporary with them can go on indefinately

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join