It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is Behind the Dramatic Rise in Violent Crime in the UK?

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2018 @ 12:30 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake
I've seen far worse than that horrible scene, yes, you are bang on there.
Imagine adding pistols to UK weekend nights?!!!
So many people would die within weeks of Tesco's selling pistols. There are psycho's out there even Eastern Europeans won't rent a gun to because they'll bring it all on top with the authorities.

posted on Nov, 19 2018 @ 09:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: seagull
a reply to: Freeborn

Read it, and still don't understand the reference. Is it an English thing?

I even googled it...and enlightenment remains elusive.

Let me enlighten you. There is no charge:

posted on Nov, 19 2018 @ 10:04 AM
link   
a reply to: oldcarpy
Lol, I nearly posted similar but couldn't be arsed finding it on youtube.
Crazy how the simplest of insults can result in death...pistols in the hands of us Brits would be a bad move, it would be carnage on weekend nights.

posted on Nov, 19 2018 @ 10:12 AM
link   
a reply to: CornishCeltGuy

It sure would. If you just pissed someone off on the road I reckon you could get shot at and there would be more "no go" areas.

posted on Nov, 19 2018 @ 10:18 AM
link   
I'm friends with gangsters and criminals, better breed in my area, they keep order, okay they sell drugs and smuggled alcohol/tobacco, but the violence just isn't the same as black youths in London. They would never rent a gun to some chavvy prick who is likely to bring it all on top with authorities.

posted on Nov, 19 2018 @ 03:25 PM
link   
So you are admitting that the British people are an immature, uncivilized bunnch??? That's quite a self portrait of your society.
It's no wonder your lot jumps into Americans topics involving guns, your projecting your societie's insecurities and lack of maturity and incivility on us.

posted on Nov, 19 2018 @ 03:27 PM
link   

I found those, and remember them. But why would it cause someone to shoot somebody? That's the part that remains illusive...

posted on Nov, 19 2018 @ 03:37 PM
link   

I haven't lived in the U. K for a long time now but a bunch of years ago a Pom was telling us about the 4 F's of a night out, I remember 3 what is the fourth?

A feed, a fight, a # and?

posted on Nov, 19 2018 @ 03:57 PM
link   
a reply to: worldstarcountry
Of course we are an uncivilised bunch lol, why would I not deny that?!

posted on Nov, 19 2018 @ 04:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

I haven't lived in the U. K for a long time now but a bunch of years ago a Pom was telling us about the 4 F's of a night out, I remember 3 what is the fourth?

A feed, a fight, a # and?

Only the three I know, maybe I'm missing out lol

posted on Nov, 20 2018 @ 03:45 AM
link   

Not really. You don't seem to get the message - us Brits do not want guns.

You keep telling us that we should have them and it's for our own good because you know best. Then you insult us. Very mature and civil, that is.

posted on Nov, 20 2018 @ 03:48 AM
link   
a reply to: seagull

Because some people are easily roused to violence for little or no reason, as in the instance that Freeborn posted about. That is why Brits generally don't want such people to be armed with a gun.

posted on Nov, 20 2018 @ 06:52 AM
link   
a world full of guns is a world full of fear !

anyway , we prefer to do it wae the heid , nae need for guns

edit on 20-11-2018 by sapien82 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2018 @ 10:59 AM
link   
Oh Cornish, you have to f f f find them first. It's find em, feed em, f# em and forget em. I hope you noticed Oldcarpys Nestles advert. It's NESTLES not NESTLAA.

posted on Nov, 20 2018 @ 11:05 AM
link   
a reply to: crayzeed
Haha you nut!
...I've lived a sheltered life

posted on Nov, 20 2018 @ 06:56 PM
link   
your insulting yourselves! I am simply confirming wtf yall are saying by repeating it back to you. It is not me who knows best, it is the government documented statistics.

FFS, you keep talking about drunks in bars suddenly going Wild West on Each other, when having firearms in an establishment that serves alcohol (of which alcoholic beverages constitutes a specific % of revenue) is not even legal.

Can I just ask one thing, all you uncivilized barbarians, by pretty much nearly every British commentator who replied admission, stop weighing in on American gun rights issues in future threads?? Your projection is not only hypocrisy, its plain pathetic and sad.

How does the shoe feel on the other foot? When the light shines at home, suddenly its page after page of excuse making. Open your market to our guns, or one day we will open it by force, for your own good of course.

posted on Nov, 21 2018 @ 04:46 AM
link   

Righto, so us Brits have to "stop weighing in on American gun rights issues in future threads" but you are free to lecture us about the same?

And that's not "plain pathetic and sad"?

posted on Nov, 21 2018 @ 06:48 AM
link   
Looks like Austerity is also to blame for the rise in violence, but austerity means poverty , so the first answer is correct!

So this is what austerity looks like in hartlepool

Austerity in Hartlepool

posted on Nov, 21 2018 @ 07:03 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 21 2018 @ 07:07 AM
link   
a reply to: sapien82

Trust me, Hartlepool has always been the arsehole of the world.

But yeah, austerity has a lot to answer for.

It was sold as an economic necessity but the reality is that it's the pursuit of a political ideology and targets the most needy and vulnerable in our society.

new topics

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17 >>

join