It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gender and CPR - Women less likely to receive CPR over fears of "sexual assaul" accusations.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2018 @ 11:26 AM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

Not surprised in the least you hold this view.

posted on Nov, 10 2018 @ 11:27 AM
link   
a reply to: verschickter

I'm sorry but mouth to nose sounds freaking nasty! Who wants to be blowing on someone's bing honker?

In reality, i'd probably do it, don't think I could watch a person struggling while dying.
I do think it is up to each person to decide that.

posted on Nov, 10 2018 @ 11:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: loam

then you wont be surprised that i dont care what you think

posted on Nov, 10 2018 @ 11:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm

thats what i have been saying

but the heroes here get upset

posted on Nov, 10 2018 @ 11:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: TinySickTears

originally posted by: loam

then you wont be surprised that i dont care what you think

Also predictable.

posted on Nov, 10 2018 @ 11:47 AM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

I agree.

posted on Nov, 10 2018 @ 11:55 AM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

It´s up to everyone to decide if it´s to nasty for you or simply watch someone die. It works the other way, too, just saying.
edit on 10-11-2018 by verschickter because: damn typo

posted on Nov, 10 2018 @ 12:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: halfoldman
The Daily Mail reports that studies show that women are far less likely to receive CPR from bystanders than men who require the life-saving first aid procedure.

For male bystanders the main fear seems to be being accused of "inappropriate touching" and "sexual assault".

Female responses to females was also lower (although lower in general between the sexes), with the main fear being causing further injury.

For my generation of South African men, in general I'd say we're more likely to give it a try with less hesitation, because we were more militarized (do or die was programmed into us), and it does take some physical strength.

However, if it was a woman outside the family or a close friend - I wonder?
I'd probably not be the first one to volunteer these days.
Those "sexual harassment" fears are very real for men these days, and understandably so.

Perhaps the issue could be addressed if women (especially women at risk of a cardiac arrest) could wear some bracelet or other sign, that the men who try to save their lives will not be at risk of "sexual assault" charges.

Source: www.dailymail.co.uk... FoOKphGao04NY96-2B1EG9izvkTTS_Lg

Awesome...is that asteroid coming anytime soon?

posted on Nov, 10 2018 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Heaven forbid your child or wife/gf? were somewhere and died because someone refused to give them mouth to mouth, Im sure you'd just be like ahh " no biggie I get it, only heroes do that." You really are one callous individual, and I know, your ok with that. SMH

posted on Nov, 10 2018 @ 12:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: halfoldman
The Daily Mail reports that studies show that women are far less likely to receive CPR from bystanders than men who require the life-saving first aid procedure.

For male bystanders the main fear seems to be being accused of "inappropriate touching" and "sexual assault".

Female responses to females was also lower (although lower in general between the sexes), with the main fear being causing further injury.

For my generation of South African men, in general I'd say we're more likely to give it a try with less hesitation, because we were more militarized (do or die was programmed into us), and it does take some physical strength.

However, if it was a woman outside the family or a close friend - I wonder?
I'd probably not be the first one to volunteer these days.
Those "sexual harassment" fears are very real for men these days, and understandably so.

Perhaps the issue could be addressed if women (especially women at risk of a cardiac arrest) could wear some bracelet or other sign, that the men who try to save their lives will not be at risk of "sexual assault" charges.

Source: www.dailymail.co.uk... FoOKphGao04NY96-2B1EG9izvkTTS_Lg

WRONG.WRONG.WRONG. I perform cpr maybe 8-10 times bi-weekly. Being a 1st Responding 911 Emerg. Tech...you can sue me later if you want.

But 1st I'm saving your life...no matter male, female, trans...or dog(yes...we really do learn cpr on animal and the heimlich manuver as well).

We don't care what you're thinking when down, when you come around-life saved...or what you think in a week or two.

Let me stress this: With AED cardiac shock...pull up shirt or blouse, cut the bra, have another responder cover the view to protect the female's privacy.

I have never, or known any responder hesitant to perform either cpr or use the AED on a female. Nor have we ever got a complaint for saving someone. Yes too...we've lost a few as well.

If I worried about it...there would be a lot of dead females....I saved a life...sue me/us. We don't care...if we did...we don't belong in this profession.

M.S.
EMT/ER TEAM
Advanced Life Support
U.S.A.
edit on 10-11-2018 by mysterioustranger because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2018 @ 01:00 PM
link   
a reply to: mysterioustranger
I´ve been waiting for an ER responder because I know some are out here on ATS.

Thank you for giving your professional standpoint. I have a question, home many times during CPR did you really had broken ribs/ches bones? I am lucky I didn´t have to use my "training" as of now (as in, no one needed it)

posted on Nov, 10 2018 @ 01:06 PM
link   
women brought this upon themselves. i have heard of dozens of rape allegations that were retracted this year alone. i have no problem with legitimate rape accusations. these women dont seem to get in any trouble for attempting to ruin peoples lives. until we start charging these girls, all women will suffer for it. the girl in this accusation should have been thrown into a volcano. www.dailymail.co.uk... without-him.html

posted on Nov, 10 2018 @ 01:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: verschickter
I´ve been waiting for an ER responder because I know some are out here on ATS.

Thank you for giving your professional standpoint. I have a question, home many times during CPR did you really had broken ribs/ches bones? I am lucky I didn´t have to use my "training" as of now (as in, no one needed it)

Thank you. Ive broken ribs so often in my time, I've lost count because it's normal. They "crunch" under your hands.

Children, babies, lightweighted patients. It happens...you just keep compressions going.*

***FYI EVERYONE READING.

Do you know an expected response is for someone to VOMIT into your mouth when coming around? Blood , fluids, alcohol, foods.....

We wipe the vomit from our mouths...and keep going. Now you know it's just not compressions and rescue breathing .(30-2 Thirty cmpressions and 2 breaths)...nor the possibility of broken ribs and maybe a harassement charge later.

Peace

posted on Nov, 10 2018 @ 01:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: SituationNAFU

Heaven forbid your child or wife/gf? were somewhere and died because someone refused to give them mouth to mouth, Im sure you'd just be like ahh " no biggie I get it, only heroes do that." You really are one callous individual, and I know, your ok with that. SMH

of course i would want someone to help them

all i am saying is i do not think people should be obligated to attempt to save another person.

of course the right thing to do would be to try depending on the circumstances.
i probably would in a lot of cicumstances

but mouth to mouth is not happening

instead of getting all bunged up like everyone else lets talk about it

do you think people should be obligated to try to save anothers life?

if so why?
under all circumstances?

when is it ok to not attempt to save?

should you be expected to save a person from a burning car or building?

in the end i give a #

nobody likes it. oh well i guess

i dont feel like we should be obligated to save others though i think it is commendable and if you can you should.
there are things i just wont do

mouth to mouth fits in that category

posted on Nov, 10 2018 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Thank you for your service to humanity, regardless where in the world.

posted on Nov, 10 2018 @ 02:16 PM
link   

I was teaching FA/CPR classes weekly for a long time, not very often anymore but usually a question came up about removing a woman's clothing.

I would stress that the woman is unconscious and has no knowledge of being naked at that point and IF...IF she survives most reasonable folks won't be concerned with having been naked or think that there would have been an opportunity for an assault. I don't believe in the US that anyone has successfully won a lawsuit on anything remotely close to a charge being levied against someone in good faith trying to save someone else's life in that way. I could be very well wrong but, I have never received any information to the contrary.

There was a woman years ago that I would not re certify because I did not believe from her demonstration that she would have ever been able to perform CPR correctly. She was not fired from work but, was no longer allowed to work in a setting that she supported an individual alone.

Most of our care homes have CPR masks with straps for behind the victims head and we now have about 10 AEDs. Hoping to get a grant one day for the rest that are needed in the other homes. We are fortunate that our EMTs can get to most of our locations within 5-10 minutes so in a lot of cases, calling 911 promptly is the biggest help.

We lost someone a few months ago, even though the staff person preformed CPR correctly. She was revived however died a few days later at the hospital which in all fairness may have been better for her as she already had brain injury and the amount of time that she had been oxygen deprived is not clear.

Thank you MS for what you do!

posted on Nov, 10 2018 @ 03:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: verschickter
Thank you for your service to humanity, regardless where in the world.

Not necessary to thank me/us...but it's always nice

posted on Nov, 10 2018 @ 03:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: TNMockingbird

I was teaching FA/CPR classes weekly for a long time, not very often anymore but usually a question came up about removing a woman's clothing.

I would stress that the woman is unconscious and has no knowledge of being naked at that point and IF...IF she survives most reasonable folks won't be concerned with having been naked or think that there would have been an opportunity for an assault. I don't believe in the US that anyone has successfully won a lawsuit on anything remotely close to a charge being levied against someone in good faith trying to save someone else's life in that way. I could be very well wrong but, I have never received any information to the contrary.

There was a woman years ago that I would not re certify because I did not believe from her demonstration that she would have ever been able to perform CPR correctly. She was not fired from work but, was no longer allowed to work in a setting that she supported an individual alone.

Most of our care homes have CPR masks with straps for behind the victims head and we now have about 10 AEDs. Hoping to get a grant one day for the rest that are needed in the other homes. We are fortunate that our EMTs can get to most of our locations within 5-10 minutes so in a lot of cases, calling 911 promptly is the biggest help.

We lost someone a few months ago, even though the staff person preformed CPR correctly. She was revived however died a few days later at the hospital which in all fairness may have been better for her as she already had brain injury and the amount of time that she had been oxygen deprived is not clear.

Thank you MS for what you do!

YOU friend, instruct and prepare, certify us out here... with expertise and confidence to perform...which we appreciate...and couldn't do otherwise! Thank you!

edit on 10-11-2018 by mysterioustranger because: Oops

posted on Nov, 10 2018 @ 06:07 PM
link   
HA HA HA.

This SJW world is a crazy world isn't it?

posted on Nov, 11 2018 @ 08:49 AM
link   
a reply to: halfoldman

It doesn't require much strength, but the quality will suffer if it is only 1 person doing it.

I am BLS certified but would probably be very hesitant to do CPR on anyone in America.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join