It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gun violence - When will we hold the manufacturers responsible?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 10:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Fools

Dahell man... if you’re getting Scooby Snack I deserve some too... 😜👍

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 10:28 AM
link   
Just as the perpetrators won’t take responsibility, neither will their parents (mostly). There are well documented cases where mental health professionals were asked to intervene but didn’t (like Thousand Oaks). Some parents make an honest effort, but children with bi-polar, personality disorders, schizophrenia, etc., are usually beyond the coping skills of most, and some of those don’t manifest until the early-mid twenties.

The thing that frustrates me the most are the parents who know their kids have issues but choose to do nothing (or even help them buy a gun, like the Parkland perp). How does anyone rationalize that in their head?

I don’t think there are any easy answers.

I believe the starting point is asking why kids brain chemistry is allowed to be completely and irreversibly altered at age 6, 7, 8 through being administered psychotropics for alleged ADHD (because teachers want zombies sitting in their classrooms).

Next is asking why parents don’t follow ratings recommendations on video games, TV, movies. I am a huge gamer across all platforms...7-8 year olds really don’t need non-stop blood and gut killing, especially if they are in the process of having their brain chemistry permanently altered, at least IMO.

Follow that with asking why kids aren’t taught coping skills at home, school, church (if applicable). Of course teaching them nobody ever loses and everybody always gets a trophy no matter their effort is oh so helpful.

While I agree parents are somewhat responsible, I think society’s push for a complete touchy-feely environment where no one ever gets their feelings hurt (so no reason to learn coping skills, right?) is driving the rise in violence among youth (30 and below).

Parents could be the best in the world, providing a perfect upbringing. If mental health (brain chemistry) issues manifest at 20+, I find it hard to hold the parents culpible...unless they enabled the act of violence.

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 10:30 AM
link   
a reply to: SwissMarked

You're right, of course. Still, a parent with a "defective" kid who goes off the rails could show evidence the tried to help him/her. I'm talking about the blatant don't-give-a-crap people who leave their kids to raise themselves or worse.

link   
Your post just goes to show how people just read the title and then start spewing.
This has happened on some of my posts too. Of course there are those that just lack basic reading comprehension, which seems to happen a lot on here too.

link   
a reply to: SwissMarked

double
edit on 11 9 2018 by underpass61 because: dp

link   
a reply to: underpass61

After a few years, our little products that we’ve produced, get out of parental control. After the first dozen or so years......

Definitely agree that these little spawns need a lot of loving attention for those first dozen or so years, so they don’t get defective and blow up on unsuspecting strangers.

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 10:31 AM
link   

I agree 10,000%

In fact...I thought parents Could be held responsible for damages caused by their child? Why isnt this applied to gun/gang violence? If a kid playing baseball near houses where they shouldnt be playing baseball, knocks out a window, the parent pays for a new window. But what if a shard of glass from the window injures or kills someone? I always figured the parents could be at least held financially responsible. And for intentional violence, I can agree they should be punished criminally as well.

Maybe then parents would be more strict with their kids instead of letting them run the streets. But this might require more corporal punishment and that is "abuse".

The marxist cabal would hate this idea. Everything they do is designed to destroy the family, destroy the bond of trust between parent and child. THEY want to be the "parent". In fact they plan one day to say "You arent responsible enough to raise children. We will do it from now on."

So, they love kids committing crimes and parents slacking off. Thats why they made spanking illegal. One day they will use the exact same arguments in this OP to make raising children the legal jurisdiction of the State.

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 10:31 AM
link   
How far back can you assign guilt?
Would former slave owners descendants be held accountable?
Is there a cut off age? Over 18 or under 18 for parent accountability?

I believe there is no level of accountability that will keep people from "popping kids out" It's ingrained in our dna to reproduce like rodents.

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 10:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

And it all started about here:

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 10:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Fools

I feel good. I was the only person so far to actually read the post. Do I get a Scooby snack?

A star is about all I can do!

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 10:35 AM
link   

you may " blame the manufacturer " - when you give them the right to actually manufsacture it - to thier own will - not just supply " seed material " - and let naturalistic forces work . further - the " manufacturer must have the right to exert quality control - and just say - this one = not fit for purpose - and destroy it

your " anology " flawed - its akin to blaming the firm that supplied " that bolt " in the ford pinto for the flaw in the design

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Since God created man, shouldn't we be holding him responsible?

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 10:38 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

I blame the gay frogs, personally.

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 10:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: SlapMonkey

I blame the gay frogs, personally.

I forgot all about the gay frogs.

Of course, it all makes sense now!

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Which god?

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 10:41 AM
link   
It's the " nature vs nurture" argument I think?

Not sure if Mansion's, or Bundy's parents could of made a difference?

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 10:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: underpass61

Which god?

Plenty to choose from.

Whom do we hate the most right now?

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 10:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Knapperdude

If we held parents responsible the issue should resolve itself in one generation, no? The reckless ones who continue to pop'em out get what they deserve.

link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

originally posted by: underpass61

Which god?

Plenty to choose from.

Whom do we hate the most right now?

Not a big fan of the Spaghetti Monster... it forced itself on my dog...that’s the direction I’m pointing... 😜

link   
a reply to: SocratesJohnson

Uhhh...

The OP didn't??

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join