It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gun violence - When will we hold the manufacturers responsible?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 10:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Knapperdude

That was back when Mansons and Bundys were very few and far between. That's not the case anymore, what has changed?

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 10:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: underpass61

If we held parents responsible the issue should resolve itself in one generation, no? The reckless ones who continue to pop'em out get what they deserve.

The wreckless ones that pop them out actually get rewarded for it with free housing and food and clothing and cars and cellphones and schooling and healthcare and on and on... maybe end that and see how many kids get popped out and how many illegals decided it’s worth the trip here...

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 10:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: SwissMarked

If we held parents responsible the issue should resolve itself in one generation, no? The reckless ones who continue to pop'em out get what they deserve.

The wreckless ones that pop them out actually get rewarded for it with free housing and food and clothing and cars and cellphones and schooling and healthcare and on and on... maybe end that and see how many kids get popped out and how many illegals decided it’s worth the trip here...

Yes...Welfare is like a aphrodisiac...

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 10:52 AM
link   

That was back when Mansons and Bundys were very few and far between. That's not the case anymore, what has changed?

Population???

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 10:56 AM
link   

When a product is poorly designed or manufactured, either by ignorance, carelessness, or greed and ends up maiming or even killing someone or many people, the manufacturer is held liable in most cases. They can be fined or even imprisoned for gross negligence. I think its time the manufacturers of these defective and damaged humans were held responsible for their reckless and selfish actions that created them.
Another human being is potentially the most dangerous and destructive thing someone can create. If a person is not going to take that responsibility seriously they are putting society at risk and should suffer the consequences if their creation malfunctions.
Yes folks, I'm not talking about gun control I'm talking about birth control. How many people would think twice about popping out a kid if they knew they could be held liable for their crappy parenting? Would we still have multi-generational gangbanger families if they could potentially go to jail if junior robs that liquor store and shoots the clerk?
Guns have been around for generations, why is it suddenly a crisis in this generation? Because society is broken. Irresponsible procreation has created this environment, not guns. If you're not going to take seriously your responsibility for raising your kid right, you should not have the right to create them.

And small toys...Thousands of kids die each year for choking on small toys...They must stop manufacturing small toys...

Look how many people are run over every year with a car...We should be able to sue Studebaker ...And let's not forget Budweiser...What about those drunk people who kill someone with a baseball bat or a hammer...Yep, we'd better take a look at the hammer manufacturers too...

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 11:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Iscool

Gun manufacturers don't manufacture the gun violence. You should read it again.
edit on 11 9 2018 by underpass61 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 11:07 AM
link   

a reply to: SwissMarked

You're right, of course. Still, a parent with a "defective" kid who goes off the rails could show evidence the tried to help him/her. I'm talking about the blatant don't-give-a-crap people who leave their kids to raise themselves or worse.

Yeah, or worse.

Like kids working for drug dealers, the lure of cars, money and street cred.

It's a minority but it boils down to one thing nearly every time. Poor ass parenting. I sometimes wonder if we should have a license for breeding because honestly?

It's messed up, having kids then ruining their potential and lives, letting them loose to ruin others. When's the cut off point though? Can't be jailing parents for the actions of a 30 year old, right?

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 11:15 AM
link   
It's not surprising how many accounts on this site respond without reading the OP.

It's a big part of why this site is turning to trash.

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 11:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: RAY1990

a reply to: SwissMarked

You're right, of course. Still, a parent with a "defective" kid who goes off the rails could show evidence the tried to help him/her. I'm talking about the blatant don't-give-a-crap people who leave their kids to raise themselves or worse.

When's the cut off point though? Can't be jailing parents for the actions of a 30 year old, right?

True, at some point they're responsible for themselves. Maybe some kind of sliding scale after a certain age? Like your prorated warranty on your car battery, the manufacturer's liable for only a diminishing percentage of the full price until it expires.

Never happen though, that's why I put this in the Rant section.

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 11:23 AM
link   
a reply to: underpass61

I am so sorry that the average atser is a moron
Your point is reasonably valid but

There is an education system that corrupts children, it's not just parents

Nice thought provoking thread

Dumb responses from so many

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 11:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

The education/indoctrination system is horrible I agree - that's where good parenting is crucial. My kids went through the Los Angeles (LA Unified) school system which is consistently rated at the bottom. If the parents stay involved and encourage their kids to work hard and think for themselves through words and their own personal example they should come out ok. Mine did.
edit on 11 9 2018 by underpass61 because: sp

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 11:41 AM
link   

This is why I believe we should revert back to bolt action rifles and hammer revolvers of the wild west.

These Military grade weapons should never be available to citizens, crazy or not. You like guns? get a Nerf gun-more shooty, less killy.

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 11:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Thecakeisalie

Another non-reader. I knew a few would jump on it but this is getting sad.

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 11:47 AM
link   
The day they are held responsible, is the day they start forcing people to shoot others.
Until then, guns will be made.
Idiots will continue to miss use them.

What about knives?
More people are stabbed than shot. Maybe we should ban the eating utensil first.

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Having children should not be a ‘right’. If ANYTHING should be restricted it’s rights of morons to breed more morons. The rights of deadbeats and criminals to breed more deadbeats and criminals.

Holding the parents to account is vehemently opposed by the low-info anti-gun morons. These people who claim that pens are responsible for spelling mistakes. Spoons are responsible for making people fat. Cars are responsible for hit-and-run crimes.

PEOPLE carry out murders. Not guns.

Why is it that one can screech about restricting high-capacity assault rifles but as soon you mention the fault of the parent or, heaven forbid, the individual themselves, those exact same screechers defend the rights of morons , deadbeats and criminals to be morons, deadbeats and criminals?

It must as least be up for debate. Licenses to reproduce would go a lot further to help improve society in more ways than one.

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 11:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Macenroe82

And another.

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 11:48 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Star, cowboy. Let's stop all this shilly shallying and get right to it. But how can we hold HIM accountable and not His Parents.

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 11:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire

Star, cowboy. Let's stop all this shilly shallying and get right to it. But how can we hold HIM accountable and not His Parents.

So. . . . we blame a quantum singularity?

*nods*

I can get behind that.

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Society that teaches children they are naught but animals, community that doesn't respect itself, no sorry, not buying it
Watch tv, it's a battle many loving parents lose

Throw in its a broken world and nothing works as it should

I agree with your sentiment, it's not guns it's education
Unfortunately the system is set up that the state educates children not parents

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Looks like God refutes your blame and puts it right back on us -

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join