It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How long would your pet wait before eating you if it was starving?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2018 @ 09:30 AM
link   
a reply to: CornishCeltGuy

Doubtful. She's a Pharaoh Hound so she'd find a way to escape the house and chase bunnies and squirrels...and probably figure out a way to trap a chipmunk, which is the penultimate in canine prizes.

posted on Nov, 3 2018 @ 11:03 AM
link   
If you die alone with your cat, it won't hesitate to eat you. ... In cases where these people owned dogs, their pets would usually go several days without resorting to eating the owner's body. However, a cat would only wait a day or two. The phenomenon is called “postmortem predation."

posted on Nov, 3 2018 @ 11:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: MerkabaTribeEntity
This is crazy, but when I replied earlier the cat was laying next to me, I went out the back for a smoke and she followed me outside and bang, she caught this poor little sod, this is the second one I've managed to save from her, 4-2 to the cat so-far, 😥

She gets to keep the tail, that's *snipped* now, but I'll take the rest of it to the fields at the back with my daughter in a wee bit 👍

Cool pics!

I haven't seen a slow worm for years, I'd save one if I caught my cat with one.
People's gardens are so sterile these days, they seem to be declining, used to see loads as a kid.

posted on Nov, 3 2018 @ 11:46 AM
link   

It's the opposite for me, I saw a few as a kid but see more now, especially since we got the new house, and going guerrilla helped, lol

How'd your Lad do in Rugby today?

posted on Nov, 3 2018 @ 11:51 AM
link   
a reply to: MerkabaTribeEntity
Jealous, I'd love to hold a slow worm again, they are crazy creatures, I love how they wrap around your fingers and hands.
...we won at the rugby thanks, few fights in the 80 minutes lol, it was brutal, but promotion this season is looking promising.

posted on Nov, 3 2018 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Yeah, they're way cool to be fair, me and little Miss just dropped it off in the fields, nice one on the Rugby man 👍

posted on Nov, 3 2018 @ 01:00 PM
link   
a reply to: MerkabaTribeEntity
Ah cool, you saved a life, unlucky cat haha!
...I would have stayed longer at the rugby club but I'm on medication which makes me feel drunk after 2 or 3 pints lol, probably shouldn't be posting on ATS now.
My cat just turned her nose up to 35 pence tin of Wilko's cat food, I looked at her and said go and catch a mouse if you don't like it haha.

posted on Nov, 3 2018 @ 03:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

How long would your pet wait before eating you if it was starving?

If I sit too long in my chair, my dog start giving me the eye.

*shakes angry fist at dogs "just looking" and drooling*

Your dog and mine must be closely related!. lol mine dog is much the same!

posted on Nov, 3 2018 @ 07:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Necrobile
I can totally believe that, except that the cat that lives with us, seems to want to start with my calve. She tries this almost every morning, and her food dish is full.

Vile creature.

My dog doesn't pull this crap!

posted on Nov, 3 2018 @ 08:52 PM
link   
a reply to: chiefsmom

That's just showing affection, cat's rub your calves, kitten's will even play bite you but not hard - they do have very sharp teeth though so sometime's hurt more than they intend.
Had cat's and dog's all my life, even had goldfish and bird's as well on occasion so really an all round animal lover (not snake's and spiders though).
We have an aging photograph from when I was a child of our cat sleeping snuggled up to our dog whom was very protective of her.
Here are some tale's.

www.mirror.co.uk...

www.dailymail.co.uk...
metro.co.uk...
messybeast.com...

There are also plenty of tales of Cat's chasing burglars which sound's at first quite funny but are actually true and of cat's lost thousands' of miles from there owners somehow finding there way back home as if there is a psychic bond or something but they are not like Dog's, dog's are loyal and there love is unconditional while cat's are very much still deciding if they are your pet or you are there pet.

There are countless anecdotal tales of cat's suffocating sleeping baby's but what about a cat saving a child?.
nypost.com...

Back in the dark ages a plague ravaged Europe, a plague that killed million's and it may have been so bad because just before the plague a certain pope whom apparently did not like cat's had declared all black cat's devil's and his word's had led to a mass culling of black cat's which since at that time nearly all domestic cat's in Europe were black meant that these necessary pest controllers were then absent and the rat population boomed - cue the plague finding it far more easy to spread via that rat population.

His word's also led to the superstition that black cat's were somehow unlucky, well they were since he caused them to be killed off but not in the way the superstition claimed, also they became more associated with all thing's evil in the mind's of the simpleton's of the time leaving a lasting legacy of superstition.

Now it is a probably fact however that owners with multiple pet's ARE more likely to be eaten if they die since then a pack mentality is at play among the pet's of the household but that is far more likely were there are many pet's in a house whom are already vying with one another for status within there social hierarchy and far less likely were there is a single or just two pet's and there owner.

edit on 3-11-2018 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2018 @ 08:55 PM
link   
Why would you care???

You'd be dead already!

Bon Apetit', Scruffy!!! Get it while the gettin's good!

ETA - hell, the hospitals are already feasting your organs before your dead! Why would you care about the cat/dog feasting on them after you're dead???
edit on 11/3/2018 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2018 @ 09:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

Now that's what I call tossing the dog a bone.
Ha.

posted on Nov, 3 2018 @ 09:02 PM
link   
My cat sleeps in the curve of my chest, under the duvet/sheets...she'd eat me in a heartbeat though if I died and nobody called in lol

posted on Nov, 3 2018 @ 09:07 PM
link   
a reply to: LABTECH767

You know, very candidly, I always worry about my animals enduring hardship if something were to happen to me, dogs especially.

If I could make their lives more comfortable after my demise until they could figure a way out, I damn sure would. No 'skin' off my back, right?

I leave the toilet seat up too so they'll have water in a pinch.

Hell, I could probably keep the dogs fat and happy for several weeks!

Baby's got BACK!

ETA - I also leave the catsup, mustard, salt, pepper and butter out too...just in case. Everybody loves condiments now and then!

edit on 11/3/2018 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2018 @ 09:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk
Lol, love the toilet seat up thing!

posted on Nov, 3 2018 @ 09:15 PM
link   
Brilliant reply

Cats are crazy, they choose their 'owner' and pretend to be owned.

posted on Nov, 3 2018 @ 09:16 PM
link   

LOL She is showing affection by rubbing my calve with her teeth?

Sorry, no. She hates me and would eat me within seconds of my death, if not before.

I'm rooting for my dog to eat her, after I die.

(The cat is 6. not a kitten)
edit on 3-11-2018 by chiefsmom because: clarify

posted on Nov, 3 2018 @ 09:21 PM
link   
Pmsl!!!
True!

posted on Nov, 3 2018 @ 09:23 PM
link   
I'm not saying all cats are bad, as I have a barn cat that I would trust, more than the devil cat that lives in the house with us. I'm just saying she is evil.

But really, only to me. Hubby can pick her up, love on her, ect.
She just would eat me in a heartbeat, dead or alive.
She tries often, and visously.

posted on Nov, 3 2018 @ 09:26 PM
link   
Lmfao!!!

Cats are proper sly bastards aren't they.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join