It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How long would your pet wait before eating you if it was starving?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2018 @ 07:24 AM
link   
My cat is a killer, there can't be a rat or a mouse in the street which doesn't know about her running the block lol. (Edit, she eats the lot except the tails which she leaves on the kitchen floor, I could make a necklace and belt if I'd kept them all)
I keep her well fed, and I know when she's hungry because she goes into killer mode. Right now she's chasing a fly and just ate a spider who wasn't as fast as he should have been (sorry, I know I assumed the gender of the spider there).
What I'm wondering is if I died in my house and nobody checked for a few days, I wonder how long Molly would wait before eating me if she was stuck in?
I reckon 3 days max and she'd start on my eyes or something.
My mates dogs would probably wait a week or so maybe.

Morbid subject of course, but I've seen documentaries of abandoned places and dogs become feral forming packs within weeks.
So, do you reckon Tiddles would eat you or not? I'm convinced my Molly would eat me for sure.

edit on 3-11-2018 by CornishCeltGuy because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2018 @ 07:27 AM
link   
a reply to: CornishCeltGuy

Hmm, i think my dog is so loyal, that he would roll around in salt and spices and jump in a fire, if the situation was bad enough..

posted on Nov, 3 2018 @ 07:29 AM
link   
a reply to: solve
Hunger influences loyalty though, I reckon 3 weeks and your dog would eat you.

posted on Nov, 3 2018 @ 07:31 AM
link   

True, but i really do not think so,

But after about 48 hours, pretty sure i would turn cannibal.

posted on Nov, 3 2018 @ 07:34 AM
link   
a reply to: solve
Lol I'd eat Molly the cat if I was starving, sorry Moll's I love you but it's the cooking pot for you unless you can catch me rabbits or something.

posted on Nov, 3 2018 @ 07:36 AM
link   

I read an article talking about this awhile back, sorry no link, but it was actually interesting to see the statistics behind this exact question. Apparently dogs love their owners so much that they'll wait as long as they have to, even up to 7 days, before they chow down on you. Cats, on the other hand, will pretty much start to eat you from day one, and they'll almost always start with the face. XD

posted on Nov, 3 2018 @ 07:37 AM
link   
I think i would starve before I would let my pet starve..
but luckily the only pet we have at the moment is a bearded dragon who loves dandelions, crickets, and other creepy crawlies and such. oh and by the way, he doesn't have any teeth so doubt if he's able to take a bite out of me, although he has came close to biting me a few times.

posted on Nov, 3 2018 @ 07:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Necrobile
Haha exactly how I imagine it!
It would be awful for dogs I reckon because they bond with us so much more.
Cats wouldn't give a toss, hungry? Eat that human lol

posted on Nov, 3 2018 @ 07:44 AM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar
Bearded Dragon, cool as

I reckon he'd have a go if he was hungry enough lol
...sorry, I assumed the gender of your dragon there, how thoughtless of me again.

posted on Nov, 3 2018 @ 07:48 AM
link   
I would have no problem if no one would find me and the dog begins to feast on me before he starves.

In the end, I was responsible for the dog. If he can survice on my flesh until someone finds him, then so be it. Although, it will probably be shot the second they find the dog and ruled that he killed me.

posted on Nov, 3 2018 @ 07:51 AM
link   

Another interesting tidbit related is that dogs will more often than not start with the feet, probably because they really don't want to eat their owner, yet cats will almost always begin with the face because they're jerks. lol

It's reading stuff like that which makes me truly happy to be more of a dog person. XD

posted on Nov, 3 2018 @ 07:55 AM
link   
a reply to: verschickter
That's how I feel. My cat is a free roamer, a window is bolted open just enough so she can come and go, but now it's winter she has to let me know if she wants out. If I died and she munched on me because she was stuck in I wouldn't be pissed off with her.

posted on Nov, 3 2018 @ 07:56 AM
link   

How long would your pet wait before eating you if it was starving?

If I sit too long in my chair, my dog start giving me the eye.

*shakes angry fist at dogs "just looking" and drooling*

posted on Nov, 3 2018 @ 07:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Necrobile
No way, that's mad as # dogs go for the feet first and cats the face!
Doesn't surprise me though, my Molly would probably start having a munch on me within hours lol.

posted on Nov, 3 2018 @ 07:57 AM
link   

I reckon about 12 hours, and it's not even our cat, lol

posted on Nov, 3 2018 @ 07:58 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy
Haha you nut!

...cats are the ones to watch though mate, they know stuff.

posted on Nov, 3 2018 @ 07:59 AM
link   
a reply to: MerkabaTribeEntity
Not even your cat haha! 12 hours is generous then

posted on Nov, 3 2018 @ 07:59 AM
link   
I think it´s only reasonable. The cat or dog didn´t ask to be your pet and we are also responsible for them.

Oh that cat will probably eat you before you´re completely cold. I´ve heard cat´s don´t give that much of a damn like dogs do when it comes to that.

It´s just my impression. I like both cat´s and dogs, actually I like every animal except for mosquitos and other things that want my precious body fluids while I still breath.

posted on Nov, 3 2018 @ 08:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: verschickter
I think it´s only reasonable. The cat or dog didn´t ask to be your pet and we are also responsible for them.

My cat turned up one day, I don't even feel like her owner, she disappears for a night or two but always comes back to me. We have a love/hate relationship, but we're like mates. She had some terrible rat bites a few years ago, she'd been gone maybe 4 days and I heard this tragic wailing at the door. Washed and tended to her wounds, she recovered in a week then #ed off out again for a couple of nights lol

posted on Nov, 3 2018 @ 08:06 AM
link   
But you took care of it and the pet adapted to it, that´s what I mean

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join