It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Leaked Military Documents show the caravan isn't the threat Trump claims it is.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+21 more 
posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 09:24 AM
link   
As many of you already know. Trump has on multiple occasions has attempted to drum up anger over the migrant caravan currently making it's way to our border, even though these caravans are a regular occurrence. He has even said that the caravan contains Middle Eastern Terrorists even though he admitted later he said that without any proof. He has even called the caravan an invasion of the United States. To combat these threats Trump has ordered at least 5000 military troops to the border. He is doing this even though the US Military is prevented by federal law from enforcing domestic law at all. So there really isn't much these troops will be able to do once they get to the border.

Well now we have the militaries assessment of the situation at the border. For one thing, they have confirmed the Trump lie about terrorists being within the caravan:

MLCOA: Caravan dwindles as it nears US: limited TCO exploitation and no terrorist infiltration; ballon effect on smuggling

For those that don't know military acronyms, this stands for "Most Likely Course of Action". That means based on the best military information available, the military has found no evidence to indicate that terrorists are part of the caravan.

Also, the military assessment also shows that it is highly unlikely that all 7,000 people will make it to the US border. The actual term used is "a small percentage" will make it to the border. They actually put the number at ~20%, so instead of 7000 we can expect around 1400. So much for an invasion.

G2 Assessment: Four large migrant caravans, originating from Honduras and consisting of approximately 7,000 people, are transiting through Mexico in an effort to enter the US. Based on historic trends, it is assessed that only a small percentage of the migrants will likely reach the border.

One more interesting tidbit. When listing the threats the military will likely face, they do not mention ANY threat from the migrants themselves. Instead, the threats they expect to face are from the unregulated border militias and extreme right and left protests.

Militias: Estimated 200 unregulated armed militia members currently operating along the SWB. Reported incidents of unregulated militias stealing National Guard equipment during deployments. The operate under the guise of citizen patrols supporting CBP primarily between POE's

Protests: Historically, protests occur at the various CBP POE's in support of immigrants and in some incidents, cause closures. Previous protests in support of immigration caravans and enforcement of immigration law have occured throughout the US. Normally peaceful unless extreme right or left groups attend

In conclusion, we are sending thousands of troops to the border to do absolutely nothing to combat the false reality that Trump paints. He is wasting taxpayer money on a political stunt. I'm sure my fellow conservatives will be as angry as I am due to this fiscal irresponsibility. Who am I kidding, you guys will defend him.

LINK

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 09:30 AM
link   
a reply to: BlackJackal

please no facts! its irritating!

+43 more 
posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 09:32 AM
link   

How many of these 1400 illegal immigrants will you be inviting to live in your home?

link   
No....i am with you on this. Waste of money and resources. The states affected could have used the guard if needed. But poli's on bith sides could not waste an emerency now could they.

+28 more 
link   
Military intel is always 100 percent spot on.

Plus they never lie to the american people.

So given those two facts, this is pretty much 100 percent solid.

+34 more 
posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 09:34 AM
link   
"Leaked" military documents?

Nobody finds that either questionable or disturbing?

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 09:35 AM
link   
a reply to: MisterSpock

In Bush accent.

"Intelligence shows this enemy has biological and chemical weapons".

Or was it Powell?

Ef it, who cares.

+12 more 
posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Its been said repeatedly but here is one more time..
From your Vox link ,

Customs and Border Protection chief Kevin McAleenan said. Troops mostly will be stationed in bases there for training and deploy to the border when needed.

So while the troops at the border will be armed, they will only legally be able to assist US border officials by doing things like helping transport border agents and providing emergency medical care to those who need it. The armed forces can also work to reinforce infrastructure around the border, like putting additional razor wire on border fences.

So the military will not be enforcing the law, but instead be working in support of those enforcing the law.

ETA: Its an unclassified power point slide...

edit on 2-11-2018 by Irishhaf because: (no reason given)

edit on 2-11-2018 by Irishhaf because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 09:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

Stop using facts!

+4 more 
posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 09:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
"Leaked" military documents?

Nobody finds that either questionable or disturbing?

BAMN
they do not care
they will burn down the house to get what they want

+23 more 
posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Rather have him 'waste' my tax dollars on sending the military to the border, than on housing, feeding etc on that uninvited horde. But that's just me...

+7 more 
posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 09:39 AM
link   
a reply to: loam

what a stupid question! i have a stupid question too: how many homeless americans you invited to your house?

+4 more 
posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 09:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: oloufo
a reply to: loam

what a stupid question! i have a stupid question too: how many homeless americans you invited to your house?

We have seen how the migrant issue works in Munich
We do not want that here
Seems some in your nation no longer want it either, or is angela just stepping down because she wants to?

link   
Facts ?...... I thought President Trump didn't allow Leaked facts and the like, telegraphing our plans to the opposition.

Media opinions to influence the populous, who would do that ?

It's expected commonplace, and not to be a missed opportunity. It's routine.
edit on 2-11-2018 by Plotus because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: Irishhaf

From your Vox link ,

Customs and Border Protection chief Kevin McAleenan said. Troops mostly will be stationed in bases there for training and deploy to the border when needed.

So while the troops at the border will be armed, they will only legally be able to assist US border officials by doing things like helping transport border agents and providing emergency medical care to those who need it. The armed forces can also work to reinforce infrastructure around the border, like putting additional razor wire on border fences.

So the military will not be enforcing the law, but instead be working in support of those enforcing the law.

Yeah, that’s all they can legally do. That’s the point, it’s a political stunt because their presence is in no way required.

+18 more 
posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 09:44 AM
link   
Is this the time to panic? I wore brown pants today so I can panic if this is the right time.

Orange man bad!

Ahhhhhhhhhhhh!

PANIC!

link   

originally posted by: BlackJackal

originally posted by: Irishhaf

From your Vox link ,

Yeah, that’s all they can legally do. That’s the point, it’s a political stunt because their presence is in no way required.

perhaps in your opinion
good thing it is only the opinion of the CIC that matters
those that want to come here can do so legally or suffer the consequences

link   

originally posted by: Plotus
Facts ?...... I thought President Trump didn't allow Leaked facts and the like, telegraphing our plans to the opposition. Media opinions to influence the populous, who would do that ?

It's expected commonplace, and not to be missed, it's routine.

It happened under Obama too, this is no new trend.

Though I think Obama handled it in a more illegal way for lack of a better term. Because ironically he weaponized old laws to deal with it.

link   
I smell a false flag down on the border.

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 09:45 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join