It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mexicans shower the caravan with kindness — and tarps, tortillas and medicine

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2018 @ 05:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: scraedtosleep
a reply to:
And I will believe that a person is good until the individual gives me a reason not to.

But I defiantly wont judge the many by the actions of the few.

While people might be innocent until proven guilty, imo they're bad until proven good.

Do you leave your doors unlocked at home while you're away?
I wouldn't when I lived in the city, and I certainly wouldn't if I lived in a city full of vagrants.

posted on Nov, 1 2018 @ 06:26 AM
link   
a reply to: a325nt

Do you leave your doors unlocked at home while you're away?

Sometimes. And I never lock my car.

I live in a city of around 500k people.

What I forget to do a lot is lock my back door lol.
edit on 1-11-2018 by scraedtosleep because: Missed a 0 in the city size.

posted on Nov, 1 2018 @ 06:30 AM
link   
Some people helping other people, must be a conspiracy.

posted on Nov, 1 2018 @ 07:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Archivalist

Tore the meniscus in my right knee recently. Poor timing as I was preparing for surgery to my left knee. This had me flat on my back with my legs elevated.

My neighbors are still sending me meals, treats, and even flowers. They call regularly to check on me and I have family caring for me that live close by.

There aren't many of us off in these here woods, and we don't always see eye to eye, but we sure do take care of each other. I think it is fairly much a country thing. Say what you want about rednecks, country bumpkins, clod hoppers or hicks, we are usually the first to lend a hand. Even if we don't talk to you.

posted on Nov, 1 2018 @ 07:23 AM
link   

a reply to: verschickter

It's true. In more underdeveloped or poorer countries, people help out each other more often. The sense of community is still strong there.....

Well, if they're getting so much help down there, why are they headed here...

posted on Nov, 1 2018 @ 07:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: AttitudeProblem

a reply to: verschickter

It's true. In more underdeveloped or poorer countries, people help out each other more often. The sense of community is still strong there.....

Well, if they're getting so much help down there, why are they headed here...

The Mexicans want to make sure they have the ability to keep walking out of mexico.

posted on Nov, 1 2018 @ 07:46 AM
link   
a reply to: ManFromEurope

Yea soros is just a normal capitalist who donates billions to progressives and activist groups which cause unrest and propaganda to support his causes.

I'm all for these people going through the process of becoming legal us citizens. With a background check and screenings and turn back the ones with criminal records.

I think Europe and Germany is a great example of how not to deal with a mass of migrants.

posted on Nov, 1 2018 @ 07:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Its fascinating what some people can get worked up over, as usual I would predict the reality on the ground is worlds apart from the "reality" in their heads.

posted on Nov, 1 2018 @ 08:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Fallingdown

Is there proof that the caravan is funded for a hidden agenda?

posted on Nov, 1 2018 @ 08:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: blueman12
a reply to: Fallingdown

Is there proof that the caravan is funded for a hidden agenda?

This is one of the better analysts I have seen.

"Who’s Behind the Migrant Caravan"

posted on Nov, 1 2018 @ 08:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Peeple
a reply to: AtlasHawk

That the caravan is funded is entirely your opinion, not a fact. Can you provide proof for that?
How are they covering up images? Have you been there?

Have you?

posted on Nov, 1 2018 @ 08:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Osirisvset

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Its fascinating what some people can get worked up over, as usual I would predict the reality on the ground is worlds apart from the "reality" in their heads.

I don't think there is anything at all strange about people helping people.

I did pause though at the description of what the Mexican citizens are offering the migrants, because I've been to Mexico many times, and the common folk there aren't moneybags. And I've generally been in places where the people tend to have more money than the rest of the regular citizens, because i visit places where there is tourist money coming in from divers, etc.

So from the description given of what's being offered to the migrants, something is off. Common Mexican citizens don't have the income to offer all of that. Maybe the migrants are passing through towns where a bunch of monied folks live?

posted on Nov, 1 2018 @ 08:56 AM
link   

To be fair, I'd probably help these people out, too, just from the humanity side of things--just because I don't support their ultimate goal doesn't mean that I can't empathize with their struggle on the journey.

posted on Nov, 1 2018 @ 09:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Archivalist

originally posted by: verschickter
That´s true. In more underdeveloped or poorer countries, people help out each other more often. The sense of community is still strong there because it´s part of survival.

Only we first worlders can allow ourselfs to be a stranger to our neighbors and have enough time to come up with nonsense like we see it currently.

Love my neighbors. Would protect them or their property at a moment's notice.

I don't know all of them, but if I can help, I try.

We cooked breakfast outside for the neighborhood, during power outages from hurricane Florence. Fed some of the neighborhood kids, and a couple of the adults.

Now give them your property and things at a moments notice.

posted on Nov, 1 2018 @ 09:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: SlapMonkey

To be fair, I'd probably help these people out, too, just from the humanity side of things--just because I don't support their ultimate goal doesn't mean that I can't empathize with their struggle on the journey.

That is what this is designed to do.

Make you feel bad about their self induced plight.

Appealing to emotion rather than logic.

Do you give outrageously to your food bank, every day? Doubt it.

Same goes for everyone on this board. Too many arm chair salvation army warriors.

posted on Nov, 1 2018 @ 09:16 AM
link   
a reply to: stosh64

The leader of the caravan is a liberal. Yet the video didn't explain how he was more interested in creating chaos. These people are susceptible to human traficking but so are all asylum seekers,

I get that we have law and order to uphold, but the video didn't explain anything about a secret agenda. Just desperate hungry people who are led by a leftist...

posted on Nov, 1 2018 @ 09:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: blueman12
a reply to: stosh64

The leader of the caravan is a liberal. Yet the video didn't explain how he was more interested in creating chaos. These people are susceptible to human traficking but so are all asylum seekers,

I get that we have law and order to uphold, but the video didn't explain anything about a secret agenda. Just desperate hungry people who are led by a leftist...

I am desperate too.

Give me all your money and free everything please. Promise I just want a better life.

posted on Nov, 1 2018 @ 09:27 AM
link   
a reply to: AttitudeProblem
Look the point. It went way over your head!

posted on Nov, 1 2018 @ 09:41 AM
link   
Stefan Molyneux has it right if you are prepared to listen.

posted on Nov, 1 2018 @ 09:48 AM
link   
Guys I have no money and I want a better life come on no need to wait for migrants I am right here help me out.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join