It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mexico's Supreme Court legalizes cannabis for recreational use

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2018 @ 02:07 AM
link   
a reply to: AtlasHawk

More like who hasn't by the age of 18?! It's more common than one may think over the years and it spans states and economic and backgrounds. Exactly leading to the popularity of voters being in favor, the population smoked anyway despite if medicinal legalization(which is moving on from being the prerequisite for recreational these days in some states) existed by then or not.

posted on Nov, 1 2018 @ 06:14 AM
link   
a reply to: subfab

Awesome.

Ether the cartels have completely taken over and are now making a go at being a legitimate government.
OR
The cartels are getting betting enough for the mexican government to feel bold enough to do this.

The first thing i thought was that this will cut into the cartels weed money.

Maybe because one of their biggest customers, the usa, aren't buying as much anymore? Could have weakened them a little.

posted on Nov, 1 2018 @ 06:55 AM
link   
Mexico will be getting some much needed tourism soon.

Hopefully the cartels take this chance to legalize their operations and get in on the new economy.

posted on Nov, 1 2018 @ 07:06 AM
link   

Dat some freaking great news!

Living in one of the less advanced countries in South America I can only hope the fellas in the North legalize it, so people here can follow the example.

People are much happier when they're high.

And less violent either.

posted on Nov, 1 2018 @ 07:39 AM
link   
a reply to: scraedtosleep

I immediately thought about the cartels as well. I know they still make a lot of money off of weed. The only thing I can think is that the Mexican market is small enough that this won't affect their bottom line all that much. Either that or there may be a spate of dead Mexican Supreme Court Justices turning up soon.

posted on Nov, 1 2018 @ 07:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: AtlasHawk
When kids and Young youth start using it its going to end badly
Anybody who wants to toke, already does so. Legalisation keeps them from being outlaws.
edit on 1-11-2018 by JohnnyCanuck because: the marijuanas made me spell bad!!!

posted on Nov, 1 2018 @ 08:24 AM
link   
a reply to: AtlasHawk

kids have been smoking pot since the beginning of time.
I don't see a huge change in youth behavior. legal or not

posted on Nov, 1 2018 @ 08:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: scraedtosleep

Awesome.

Ether the cartels have completely taken over and are now making a go at being a legitimate government.
OR
The cartels are getting betting enough for the mexican government to feel bold enough to do this.

The first thing i thought was that this will cut into the cartels weed money.

Maybe because one of their biggest customers, the usa, aren't buying as much anymore? Could have weakened them a little.

Or the cartels will do what they've always done. Still continue to run the industry using violence to keep out competition and have a nice legal product they can use to launder money into coc aine trafficking into america....ya know the real way they make money.....

Mexican cartels don't make.money from weed. They make money from coc aine, guns, protection rackets and human trafficking. Legalizing weed won't change that.
edit on 1/11/2018 by dug88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2018 @ 08:32 AM
link   
Is it possible the 15,000 troops being sent to the border, the tanks, the guns, 82nd airborne, etc., are not to defend the border...

Instead the 15k in troops be an invading Mexico force for planned US Occupation and blame it on the caravan and Mexico for not stopping and aiding them to enter the USA(cliche).. This might explain the mystery funding the caravan are said to be getting..

Just one theory at a glance, based on current events and state of the Nation, sure the pharma companies plan a massive attack, as this will reduce their sells by at least 50% , if not5 more...

Saw Trump was threatening to invade Venezuela and wondering if the plan is drive the tanks all the way and occupy all of central America?

We'll see, sure big pharma saw this coming and had the war mongering drums beating, to protect their turf.

edit on 1-11-2018 by dojozen because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2018 @ 08:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: AtlasHawk
When kids and Young youth start using it its going to end badly

hahahahahahaha

you think it being illegal stoped them

when i was a teen the only way i was drinking was stealing or finding a adult to buy ... we didnt drink alot but weed all u needed was 5 bucks same with any other street drug

posted on Nov, 1 2018 @ 10:03 AM
link   
Keep me up to date on the Caravan going south I'll jump in because my kids need legal weed, its a human right.

posted on Nov, 1 2018 @ 10:10 AM
link   
I'm buying more stock in Doritos, Twinkies, slimjims, cheap sunglasses and Redbull!!!

edit on 1-11-2018 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2018 @ 10:31 AM
link   
all these people who have not ever tried it and are knocking it...believing all the lies they been fed over the years should do themselves and everyone else a favor and try it. Think if they are buying what is being told to them about 911, they need some enlightenment for sure....how do you spell relief?

posted on Nov, 1 2018 @ 10:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: dojozen
all these people who have not ever tried it and are knocking it...believing all the lies they been fed over the years should do themselves and everyone else a favor and try it. Think if they are buying what is being told to them about 911, they need some enlightenment for sure....how do you spell relief?

I "Dont" "Smoke" "weed", because I'm a good ATS poster.

"If" I "did", I "would" "agree".

posted on Nov, 1 2018 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Prohibition of drugs is a crime against humanity. But especially cannabis prohibition.

posted on Nov, 1 2018 @ 10:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Butterfinger

have you ever tried it>?

posted on Nov, 1 2018 @ 10:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
I'm buying more stock in Doritos, Twinkies, slimjims, cheap sunglasses and Redbull!!!

don't forget the chips and salsa!!

posted on Nov, 1 2018 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Canadians have been running into issues crossing the border lately due to legalized marijuana. border guards are actually asking people if they EVER smoked pot, and people are being arbitrarily getting lifetime travel bans if they say yes, even if they last smoked it as a kid 40 years ago. they have also threatened to permanently ban anyone who works for, or otherwise takes part in the legal distribution or production of marijuana. which of course in Canada is a perfectly legal thing. they also make sure to inform people that if they lie to a border guard, that it is a federal offense all on it's own merit. and along with that have apparently also threatening travelers with being drug tested. which is completely ridiculous since it being legal people are free to smoke up pretty much wherever one is allowed to smoke (depending on province), so it would be rather easy for almost anyone to be exposed to and breathe in "secondhand" marijuana smoke. (something that the US government seriously needs to fix)

so will Mexico, and thus in the end anyone entering into the US legally (illegals for some reason don't have to worry about stuff like this), be subject to the same harassment? or possibly even be forced to actually submit to drug tests when entering the US?

posted on Nov, 1 2018 @ 11:43 AM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

If you like the old school mild stuff, it grows wild in Newton County, Indiana.

I won't say how I know this ... but it is true, and it IS mild in effect.

Here is an article, and it is not super far away from Michigan, but be warned - the police do look for people at harvest time, and they arrest anyone caught picking it.

www.newsbug.info...

posted on Nov, 1 2018 @ 12:33 PM
link   
K-2 (synthetic weed) is the scourge of the streets here in Austin.
It turns people into drooling zombies. It is in no way like cannabis.
I have tried it once...you know, for science. Never ever again.
I am thinking about hopping across the border and making a ghillie suit out of bud.
edit on 1-11-2018 by skunkape23 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join