It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

British people are the worlds worst tourists

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2018 @ 02:55 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

posted on Oct, 28 2018 @ 02:56 PM
link   
a reply to: lakenheath24

I made some of those commercials Some were about clothes, others were about learning the language and about how to conduct yourself respectfully.. And anybody anywhere wearing a Cleveland Brown jersey would bring dishonor. Hated that series of ads, but not much to work with other than seatbelts, drinking and driving, and Ugly Americans.

posted on Oct, 28 2018 @ 03:01 PM
link   
I spent a lot of years roaming around in tropical Australia, in places where the poms love to inhabit and back pack around... and I can say one thing about them for certain... there's no in between with those people.

Either, their a bunch of total geeks, sitting around the camp fire with the guitar, drinking tea and singing songs... Or their just loud mouthed out of control drunks, running around like they own the place.

Theirs nothing in between, when it it comes to pomy tourist... in my experience.
edit on 28-10-2018 by Subaeruginosa because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2018 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Not a holiday a business trip to Tokyo in 1998, we had all had a bit too much to drink but I remembered what had been told to me, were ever we go especially if in uniform we are to act as ambassadors for our nation and to act in a cordial manner since we were not then representing ourselves but our nation?.
Now I was the boring one?.

All drunk as skunk's sitting in a very crowded restaurant in Tokyo and the other two guy's were sitting there with chopstick's up there noses and squinting trying to look Asian while I was the one taking the photo's.

So yes we are pretty bad but at least we don't sneak out very early in the morning and put our towels over all the beach chair's like the German's are noted for doing - and to be fair and very frank about it I am genuinely and utterly ashamed at the way some of the kid's behave.

posted on Oct, 28 2018 @ 03:13 PM
link   
a reply to: MarkOfTheV

when i was in the merchant navy i had a picture taken at niagra falls with a couple of mates i cant even remember remember being there

posted on Oct, 28 2018 @ 03:19 PM
link   
a reply to: DJMSN

OMG, that was YOU! Some of the most cringeworthy commercials ever! LOL I am in my office watching one right now.

posted on Oct, 28 2018 @ 03:23 PM
link   
a reply to: LABTECH767

Oh man, that is funny. My father in law came over to Florida and we went to a Chinese buffet. Whats he do....starts telling cringeful Chinese jokes...loudly. And he was sober! LOL

posted on Oct, 28 2018 @ 03:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: alldaylong

Considering The British Empire covered one third of the planet, i would say The British where pretty good tourists in the past.

Which came back to bite them in the butt...

posted on Oct, 28 2018 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Hey ! Mine were outstanding, lol. Believe me, we hated those more than anybody else. I hope they had done away with that junk by now. Imagine sitting in a control room for 12 hours watching them over and over. I deserve disability based on that alone, lol. Turning down the sound helps but not much, good luck, head down !

posted on Oct, 28 2018 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Good lord, you must have PTSD! Some of these are the same ones when I was active duty. Low budget comes to mind.

posted on Oct, 28 2018 @ 04:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm

I just have one bit of advice to the Brits traveling to Florida for holiday.

Seriously, I lived there for several years.

I would see these British tourist thinking that they can tan a years worth of tan in a week.
Trust me it can't be done and it doesn't look pretty. It is especially upsetting when there are kids involved.

PLEASE Use sunscreen, put up an umbrella. The sun in Florida will blister and burn your pasty skin a lot faster than you think. Even when it is windy, and the air feels good, you will get burnt, bad.
Please do not fall asleep while tanning, you will regret it, trust me. I know you love those little tropical coctails, but trust me, those with burning hot sun is not a good thing.

Other than that, I think Brits are pretty darn nice while on Holiday!

That happened on our beaches as well. The smog from a city seems to act as a sunscreen. The sky would be light hazy blue, and I could play in the garden no problem. Go inland with a deep blue almost purple colour, and I would burn within minutes. We had people who cooked themselves to death in their gardens by using metal sheets to reflect the sunlight to their deckchair.

www.popsci.com...-10

I cringe when I see drunk British wandering the streets of any foreign country. Usually they have a stereo music player in one hand, a national flag jersey wrapped around their waist, shouting and waving their hands around.

Even worse are the drunks on a plane or in a train carriage.

posted on Oct, 28 2018 @ 04:31 PM
link   
I've worked in restaurants most of my life and Brits are cheap they don't give good tips they're almost as bad as the French.

posted on Oct, 28 2018 @ 05:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Plotus

Yeah it does get a little embarrassing when you get reverse colonised by a country you made up...

posted on Oct, 28 2018 @ 05:27 PM
link   
a reply to: alonzo730

Tipping isn't part of our culture.
The French have no excuse other than, well....they are French.

Everyone hates us....we don't really care.

posted on Oct, 28 2018 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Well, how about no budget. Just an Airman and his camera if they were local. Most of those but not all came out of Rhein-Main Air Base near Frankfurt. Many of the cheesier ones came from LA and since it was typical DOD would have had an enormous budget, even though you couldn't tell. Some of the best was in house at the detachment and still very stale.

posted on Oct, 28 2018 @ 05:43 PM
link   
I heard a story once about a English couple that moved to America. After a couple years the husband robbed a bank in an attempt to escape his wife .

He was sentenced to home confinement .

Got I love America .

edit on 28-10-2018 by Fallingdown because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2018 @ 05:44 PM
link   
Oh man. Not need to go gutter here! Lol

reply to: alonzo730

posted on Oct, 28 2018 @ 05:46 PM
link   
Yes you doooo care.

I am sure someone loves you. Lemme think. Hmmm. No. Nope. Uhhh. No....you are right.

a reply to: Freeborn

posted on Oct, 28 2018 @ 05:48 PM
link   
They are memorable though....i will give you that! Did you do the state quiz? They are still the same.

posted on Oct, 28 2018 @ 05:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm

I just have one bit of advice to the Brits traveling to Florida for holiday.

Seriously, I lived there for several years.

I would see these British tourist thinking that they can tan a years worth of tan in a week.
Trust me it can't be done and it doesn't look pretty. It is especially upsetting when there are kids involved.

PLEASE Use sunscreen, put up an umbrella. The sun in Florida will blister and burn your pasty skin a lot faster than you think. Even when it is windy, and the air feels good, you will get burnt, bad.
Please do not fall asleep while tanning, you will regret it, trust me. I know you love those little tropical coctails, but trust me, those with burning hot sun is not a good thing.

Other than that, I think Brits are pretty darn nice while on Holiday!

Having grown up there a beach bunny on the Gulf coast, I never saw this quite as frequently as the transplants claimed to see. There were many debates between us locals, and the transplant friends over whether or not the tourists were more sun-stupid than we were. I think it was more akin to like looking for like in that case, transplants and tourists not being locals.

Anyway, the foreigners, for the most part, slathered up like the rest of us. Actually, probably more in general, and definitely more than me & other locals. I seldom used sunscreen as a child, teen & young adult myself & went heavy on the carrot oil (probably will pay for that with one skin cancer or another later in life, but whatever, it's long done)

The beer gut-sporting elderly German men in speedos, however... Like watching a red beach ball on legs after a few hours. I always wondered if they ever actually felt the burn, or were just tough AF.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join